NEurope
Aneres11

Wii U available for pre-order

Not sure if mentioned anywhere else - had a quick scour but couldn't find anything.

Shopto are now taking Wii U preorders!

Both the black and white models are available and are priced at ... £279.85.

Considering the price of the 3ds at launch this doesn't seem too bad.

It is expensive though, especially when you add a couple of games to the mix!

What are people's colour choice?! I like the black, but that thing is a fingerprint magnet by the looks of it!

No release date yet though - just 'TBC'.

I have mine pre-ordered :) naturally I have chosen black to go alongside my 3DS and have pre-ordered three games...

Pikmin 3

New! Super Mario Bros. U

Zombi U

Obviously NSMBU is just in case it's confirmed as a launch title but I'm confident that nearer the time when ShopTo start their bundles that you'll be able to get one with Pikmin3 and Zombi U at which point I fully expect my order for the seperate items will be changed to that so I have literally no concerns about pre-ordering early though I'll hold off on payment until final details are confirmed. :)

Excited! :D

Tempted, but no way will it be that expensive. Plus there'll be bundles and such. Still going to wait il we know more.

I don't think it will be that expensive and if it is boy is the UK getting screwed....A lot of US sites guessing it may be around the $300 mark and even thats pushing it.

I do wonder what shape it will take, they've heavily hinted that Nintendo Land will be bundled as they've been saying its the Wii Sports for the platform. Quite a few places quoting somebody who has said how Wii Sports wasn't bundled in Japan but was in US/Europe.

However if it's bundled with that then they also surely have to chuck in a remote as well. SO it does start adding up.

Unless thesis do the wiiplay model with Nintendo land and whack in a motion plus with it.

£250 for console, pad, wiimotionplus, nunchuk and nintendo land and I'd be happy with that.

Except the fact I have all the motion plus and nunchuks I need....

With all the different control types, Nintendo have put themselves in a weird position.

I'm hoping it'll be £229 or so at launch, then I'll only need to spend £300-£350 for the console with 3 or 4 games. Nearing or going over £400 for a decent package will be too much for me!

New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU and LEGO City Undercover would be my launch picks from the current schedule.

I'm hoping it'll be £229 or so at launch, then I'll only need to spend £300-£350 for the console with 3 or 4 games. Nearing or going over £400 for a decent package will be too much for me!

New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU and LEGO City Undercover would be my launch picks from the current schedule.

That would be mine as well along with Pikmin 3.

I'm not sure what games I'd go for yet - NSMBU is a definite though.

I have never 'got' Pikmin. And the announcement of Pikmin 3 plus footage did absolutely zero for me. So I doubt that will be picked up by me.

ZombiU looks very good so that'll prob be one. And possibly Rayman, although it looks similar to Origins and that game never really clicked with me.

Hmm. We'll see.

Be interesting to see how it's bundled. Has it been confirmed if the pro controller is going to be in the box?

I've pre-ordered both a white and a black console. Nintendo didnt seem sure when the black version would launch so I ordered a white version aswell just incase its not out at launch. I cancel one as soon as the full launch information is available.

I've also pre-ordered

Pikmin

Mario

Zombi

Batman

Lego City

Assassins Creed

Rayman

At the moment, I too have both consoles pre-ordered. That way, if Black is at launch, I can cancel the White one, but if it's not, I'll cancel the Black one. I want the Black one :P

Got the following pre-ordered for now, but there are loads more launch window games coming apparently, so it could change

New Super Mario Bros U

Pikmin 3

Assassin's Creed III

Scribblenauts

Lego City: Undercover

Will get Nintendoland if it's not packed in and costs £30 or less

Edited by Serebii

For the first time in over ten years, I'm not sure whether I'll pre order a Nintendo system. At this point, I'm not even sure I'll buy a Wii U at all.

The Wii didn't cut it for me on oh so many levels. And nearly all those levels had to do with the software lineup.

What Nintendo have lined up for launch isn't bad. I can say that with absolute confidence, because I can check reviews and ask friends, because they're ALREADY OUT. Pikmin seems to be great and ZombiU as well. But I have no guarantee of what we'll see post-launch. It might be the Wii all over again, with us being starve fed for core experiences from Nintendo and an absolute disinterest from the third parties.

I mean: Nintendo have prioritized to get Nintendoland, Wii Fit U and NSMB (which could be considered a bridge game) out for launch... and then only give core gamers Pikmin. Isn't that a sign of things to come?

This isn't a rant about Nintendos E3 presentation. The E3 presentation was a chance to redeem themselves after six years of mistreating their most loyal fans. They didn't destroy anything last week, they just missed their opportunity to undo some of the damage caused.

It's pretty early to be saying you'll never buy one... Though if the Wii first party games didn't do it for you, maybe you're not a fan of Nintendo at all any more and you're probably right in thinking it won't be for you.

I reckon I could want a lot of launch games, bit worrying really. Definitely have to pick and choose. I have to get out of the minder of just buying everything I want as it means I never really play through any game...

I thought I'd read from Nintendo recently that the console would launch in White [only].

Anyway, it's strange because although we were somewhat dissapointed by E3, the launch line-up to me seems a strong one, at least foe me anyway!

I'm not gonna pre-order anything yet, but game wise I'd be looking at:

Pikmin 3

Assassins Creed III

Project P-100 (where's the love!!? Although yeah P-100 and Pikmin might not be the best idea at launch)

ZombiU

Wii Fit U

and maybe Nintendo Land if it's not bundled.

Good line-up! :D

I thought I'd read from Nintendo recently that the console would launch in White [only].

Anyway, it's strange because although we were somewhat dissapointed by E3, the launch line-up to me seems a strong one, at least foe me anyway!

I'm not gonna pre-order anything yet, but game wise I'd be looking at:

Pikmin 3

Assassins Creed III

Project P-100 (where's the love!!? Although yeah P-100 and Pikmin might not be the best idea at launch)

ZombiU

Wii Fit U

and maybe Nintendo Land if it's not bundled.

Good line-up! :D

Last I read they said only the white is confirmed at the moment, but it may change

Not all of those games will be available at launch. I don't expect we'll see Pikmin on day one and doubt we'll see one or two of those others, as well.

Not convinced I'll get one on day one. There's a few games that I want to play, but I'm not convinced by what we're getting in that first year. Nintendo will need to show more over the next few months, otherwise I'll just finish off the stockpile of Wii games that I need to finish. It's also the first time where I might look elsewhere for a home system, as the U-game pad idea hasn't totally sold me either.

If I were to get a system on launch, it would be:

Black WiiU

And two out of the following:

ZombiU

Pikmin

Rayman

Unknown Nintendo first party game that they'll release on launch. Not Nintendoland or New Super Mario.

I'm still half-expecting ZombiU to fail in some way. Concept seems great, gameplay seems great, but you can just see one fundamental flaw coming from a mile away.

It's pretty early to be saying you'll never buy one... Though if the Wii first party games didn't do it for you, maybe you're not a fan of Nintendo at all any more and you're probably right in thinking it won't be for you.

I didn't say that I won't. I said I'm not sure if I will. I might even preorder if they'll announce some more stuff from the first year after launch or so.

Let's look at my Wii collection:

Zelda: TP

Zelda: SS

Mario Galaxy

New Mario

Metroid Prime 3

Smash Bros

I missed out on DKC Returns, Paper Mario, Mario Kart (although TBH, everyone I've spoken to think it's inferior to DD and 64) and Galaxy 2. Or should I have bought something else?

Not all of those games will be available at launch. I don't expect we'll see Pikmin on day one and doubt we'll see one or two of those others, as well.

I'd say 100% Pikmin 3 will be there on launch. Nintendo know it has to be, they've said in every interview they got it wrong with the 3DS and therefore they will have the First Party there at launch, not only that but they have to have core games there, and really for them the only core game they have is Pikmin, because Mario crosses over into Casual and then Nintendo Land makes up their casual title; with probably Wii Fit coming later in the window.

Not convinced I'll get one on day one. There's a few games that I want to play, but I'm not convinced by what we're getting in that first year. Nintendo will need to show more over the next few months, otherwise I'll just finish off the stockpile of Wii games that I need to finish. It's also the first time where I might look elsewhere for a home system, as the U-game pad idea hasn't totally sold me either.

If I were to get a system on launch, it would be:

Black WiiU

And two out of the following:

ZombiU

Pikmin

Rayman

Unknown Nintendo first party game that they'll release on launch. Not Nintendoland or New Super Mario.

I'm still half-expecting ZombiU to fail in some way. Concept seems great, gameplay seems great, but you can just see one fundamental flaw coming from a mile away.

The games we know are all confirmed to be launch window so it's all good. Not first year stuff, but first 3 months :)

I'd say 100% Pikmin 3 will be there on launch. Nintendo know it has to be, they've said in every interview they got it wrong with the 3DS and therefore they will have the First Party there at launch, not only that but they have to have core games there, and really for them the only core game they have is Pikmin, because Mario crosses over into Casual and then Nintendo Land makes up their casual title; with probably Wii Fit coming later in the window.

They said they got it wrong, but they didn't really show anything at E3 that says that they have learned from their mistakes.

Also, what Nintendo say and what Nintendo do quite often turn out to be entirely different things. They'll stagger their releases so that there will appear to be a stream of content coming out. I can quite easily see them leaving Pikmin out of the launch and just relying on Ubisoft to deliver the core games. One would argue that Ubisofts WiiU offering actually appeals to the core a lot more than Nintendo's own.

For the first time in over ten years, I'm not sure whether I'll pre order a Nintendo system. At this point, I'm not even sure I'll buy a Wii U at all.

I'm the same, except I know I will get one sometime down the line. There just isn't enough in the launch window that interests me (that I can't get on other platforms) - I can't spend that much on a new console for just Pikmin 3.

And around March next year looks very busy in terms of games, so the very earliest (if I see more games I want) it will be next summer.

I don't understand the point of pre-ordering so early. Seems silly

I don't think that it's incredibly expensive, but it's quite a stretch in the current economy, especially since that it's just a video-game system.

I don't understand the point of pre-ordering so early. Seems silly

But your names on the "list" so surely people preordering now will be 100% assured of their orders.