NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Super Mario Universe- C'mon surely its gonna happen?

With Scribblenauts Unlimited setting the standard in U orientated subtitles surely its inevitable that Mario's next game will be titled Universe and in some way blow Galaxy out of the water.

My question is with New Super Mario Brother Wii U New Super Wii not really showing much in the way of real innovation (placing platforms doesn't do it for me) What can we expect from the next 3D Mario? I'd like to see something simple like when you go down a pipe the perspective changes to 2D and you go down onto the Gamepad screen? But the really challenge I feel is perhaps in providing this truly asymmetrical gameplay experience in a meaningful way.

I do think and somewhat hope Super Mario Universe is some way off what with Super Mario 3D Land having launched last year and 2 iterations of the New series on the way and a Paper Mario on 3DS we are kind of at risk of too many Mario titles.

Incidentally I actually think Paper Mario with its perspective bending mechanics could be far more exciting and the one to truly innovate.

But what about Super Smash Brothers Universe

Or will that be: Super Smash Brothers Punch U right in the Fucking Face BecaUse we didn't pUt your favoUrite Characters in it.

Or will that be: Super Smash Brothers Punch U right in the Fucking Face BecaUse we didn't pUt your favoUrite Characters in it.

That could work.

Super Mario Universe is a pretty cool name, imo.

I hope that the next 3D Mario game will be a bit like Galaxy 2 but with some updated and new features.

I hope the next Mario game is a lot more like Super Mario 64, but with crazy insane levels.

I hope the next Mario game takes place in a BDSM dungeon.

Super Mario Untie me please, the rope is crushing my pelvis.

Flameboy the wii u must have peaked your interest, loads of new threads starting, playing little kings story :) You feeling the Nintendo magic?

Flameboy the wii u must have peaked your interest, loads of new threads starting, playing little kings story :) You feeling the Nintendo magic?

Not as such...Just the buzz of new hardware. Also the last three PS3 games I've beaten have all been your typical "serious" "mature" "core" call it what you will fare and just fancied something a bit different. Also I'm struggling to grasp why I would want a Wii U in all honesty. It's going to be the same as the Wii I will just think I can't bare to miss out on the latest zelda and mario (i'm not counting new super mario bros) and get it only for it to largely gather dust when I do actually realise it can't satisfy everything I want out of gaming. I came so close to buying a 360 just before the Wii came out instead but then I just couldn't do it.

I think it's safe to say EVERYONE expects the next 3D Mario game to be called "Super Mario Universe". Next logical step up from galaxy, and the obvious "U" thing going on. If they don't, it would be totally bizarre. Though if the next Smash Bros gets the Universe in the title, I expect the 3D Mario to receive a sub-title as well, to better distinguish.

They should call Smash Bros, Smash Bros Unification instead...(that's a fighting term right? when people are fighting for belts and stuff)

In Ur Tendo.

Super Mario Universe

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

The Legend of Zelda: Underpants of Destiny

Metroid Uplink

F-Zero Unbound

1080° Utah

Star Fox Unified

Sonic Ultra

Sign in to follow this