NEurope

Why do some people belive that the rev will come out in 2007 in europe.

I heard from many sourses accross the net that nintendo may persue the Apple school of marketing and release right after E3. It worked for the i pod. why cant it work for nintendo. Theyve learnt from there mistakes. look at the ds

any how nintendo are not stupid enough to wait an entire year to release ther console in one of the biggest markets and give the compition long enough to controll the market.

So i belive we wont have long to wait. (if we ar lucky only about six months)

God bless you, if you're right, I want my zelda fix before november (if TP is indeed going to ship with revolution as a enhanced gamecube game).

I predict Revolution in September in at least one of the 3 main territories though.

2007 seems the most likely time, that's why. It's just that Nintendo have never acheived same year release in the US, Japan and Europe before for a home console.

Of course, this is not to say it won't happen. It would be a nice surprise.

In fact, this could very well be the reason no new info has surfaced on games (videos, images etc) because Nintendo may have asked developers to keep tight lipped on any info related to the Revolution. In fact, Nintendo may even gone so far as to ask them to appear uninformed and "out of the loop" in regards to hardware, to make it look as if a release is very far off, then come out at E3 and surprise us all.

Would certainly explain why Nintendo promised it would release before the PS3, then all of a sudden went about face and has said nothing.

2007 seems the most likely time, that's why. It's just that Nintendo have never acheived same year release in the US, Japan and Europe before for a home console.

The Revolution is different. There's no real new or advanced technology involved for the console. It's small and cheap, making it easy to produce. Nintendo have severely increased in capacity with the DS. With the Cube, Nintendo has started to respect Europe more.

I have no doubt the Revolution will launch this year everywhere.

It would be fantastic if Nintendo had asked developers to appear "out o the loop" like Nick said up there, somehow it seems so farfetched and improbable that it could be something Nintendo would do! I would love a summertime Revolution!

Heck, gimme a European Revolution this year and Ill be more than happy!

The Revolution is different. There's no real new or advanced technology involved for the console. It's small and cheap, making it easy to produce. Nintendo have severely increased in capacity with the DS. With the Cube, Nintendo has started to respect Europe more.

I have no doubt the Revolution will launch this year everywhere.

no new technology? allow me to disagree... They are using today's technology to make a quiet, affordable console, the graphics chip will probably be a variation of the R520 present in Xbox 360 (12 against 16 on x360 probably)... just with lesser pipelines, but highly optimized, also bare in mind that the CPU in single thread equals a single thread in X360 and one on PS3 (not counting the SPE's or Multi-thread, just one thread in PowerPC) we don't really knoe nothing more... but I'm sure it is today's technology.

By thanksgiving in the US and by Christmas in Europe and Japan... that's my bet, hope i'm right.

at least since im in America i wont have to wait long:D well not too long anywayz...

can i come over and stay at your house? :bouncy:

by Christmas in Europe

I would think so too or atleast in the later part of the year, unless Nintendo have something up their sleeves.

The revo uses todays tech just in the same way the DS uses todays tech to be cheap and easly made. thats why the DS is quite succesfull in fact that all the bits that are to used are already being made for other uses so all they have to do i sourse a good surpluss of these parts and create there console. Thus meaning very little chance of running out of product to sell. so nintedo arnt stupid enough to do an XBOX360 and only have enough for the hard core gamers

and not enough for everybody else until about next christmas.

no new technology? allow me to disagree... They are using today's technology to make a quiet, affordable console, the graphics chip will probably be a variation of the R520 present in Xbox 360 (12 against 16 on x360 probably)... just with lesser pipelines, but highly optimized, also bare in mind that the CPU in single thread equals a single thread in X360 and one on PS3 (not counting the SPE's or Multi-thread, just one thread in PowerPC) we don't really knoe nothing more... but I'm sure it is today's technology.

I didn't mean it won't be new, I said it won't be hard to produce. All the CPU really is is an expanded G3 reworking that has excellent performance for its clockspeed but still isn't a difficult one to produce. The GPU is unknown, but whether it'll be Flipper based or R500 based, it has been done before. With the GameCube, these technologies were brand new, custom made for Nintendo. Now with the Revolution these technologies have already been out in some form or another and only have to be modified for the Rev.

I didn't mean it won't be new, I said it won't be hard to produce. All the CPU really is is an expanded G3 reworking that has excellent performance for its clockspeed but still isn't a difficult one to produce. The GPU is unknown, but whether it'll be Flipper based or R500 based, it has been done before. With the GameCube, these technologies were brand new, custom made for Nintendo. Now with the Revolution these technologies have already been out in some form or another and only have to be modified for the Rev.
how do you know it is a G3? I can bet it isn't... G3 is only used at this time in gamecube and some routers, it will not be used on revolution... specially since the geccko core only went to 500 MHz, sure the G3 architecture went as far as 900 MHz, but still...

It won't be flipper based though, there's no reason for that to happen, because it would cost more for nintendo to manufacture, and at this time a flipper evolution wouldn't be enough, one of these chips would cost more than a ATi low-cost, mass produced GPU without RAM, and R530 is the new R9600, low-cost, low energy chip... no real reason to go with flipper.

Revolution is DEFINITLY coming out this year, it's been pretty much confirmed and it say "coming 2006" at the end of the controller teaser trailer.