NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

EA Sports Games Are Coming

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30585

EA Planning Several Unannounced Wii U Sports Games

We've got the two GamePad support, how awesome would Wii U Madden be?

EA is currently planning several sports titles for the Wii U, but these haven't been announced yet. This was revealed at the "EA Breakfast" Analyst Event that the company hosted this morning at E3. According to tweets from attendee David Gibson, EA also commented that the next console cycle would begin with the Wii U and drive industry growth from 2012 through 2020.

EA is one of the biggest publishers and developers of videogames in the industry, and there has been speculation about what their leading NFL Football franchise Madden would be like to play on Nintendo's new console, especially given Nintendos recently announced that the console would support two GamePad controllers, each with their own personal screen.

Some good news.

Wow, eight years?

And did anyone REALLY doubt that the EA support was coming. :p

Well, EA did have a grudge against Sega and ignored the Dreamcast... which is a shame, I'd love to have seen Need for Speed: High Stakes with DC grade graphics.

But yeah, EA support is a given. Plus, we already knew we were getting Mass Effect 3.

I still can't understand why Nintendo didn't show to logo for games like FIFA and Madden during the press conference. Having EA support can mean life or death to a console. I really hope we see NFS most wanted.

I also find it strange that the only confirmed game is the year old Mass Effect 3. ( Good news for the 1% that has only owned a Wii )

I still can't understand why Nintendo didn't show to logo for games like FIFA and Madden during the press conference. Having EA support can mean life or death to a console. I really hope we see NFS most wanted.

I also find it strange that the only confirmed game is the year old Mass Effect 3. ( Good news for the 1% that has only owned a Wii )

I've heard that the final dev kits only shipped earlier this year - some as late as April. So the game they're showing now are ports of games that are already finished and on the market elsewhere.

I think they're also wanting to keep stuff back to drip feed announcements to keep people talking.

It's also rumoured that the WiiU is very easy to develop for and dev costs won't be massive, so hopefully by the time the WiiU hits stores games that ar already in development like COD, NFS and the sports titles mentioned here will all be ready!

I think they're also wanting to keep stuff back to drip feed announcements to keep people talking.

I agree. I would wager they want to keep a constant chatter and buzz (maybe more of a hum) going about WiiU - it's hardware launch year after all. And it started with the Pre E3 N-Direct video.

Sign in to follow this