NEurope
The Peeps

The Peepsville Mafia

The Peepsville Mafia

The day began like any other. Mayor Peeps wandered out on to the balcony to grace the crowding masses with his presence. Ok, so maybe it was a special occasion. There aren't always hundreds of adoring fans waiting for him. It was Peepsville's 100th anniversary since being founded by Reginald Peeps who spotted the perfect place to start his new town while out riding his dragon (historical records are kept by the Peeps family). He did a backflip off the dragon and landed with a ground pound, thus marking the town centre. The small crater can still be viewed within the town museum which had been built around it. It most certainly was not caused by Reginald Peeps falling off his horse and he was most certainly not obscenely overweight.

Mayor Peeps was about to begin his encouraging speech when he noticed a red speck on his arm. He tried to brush it away but it merely moved across to his chest. A shot was heard and Mayor Peeps suit was ruined. He was also shot through the heart.

Rules:

Day phases will be loosely 48 hours. The day may be extended if there is an on-going discussion.

Talking about the game at night is forbidden

Posting after death is forbidden (one post to say how you are sad to not be playing such an awesome game anymore is fine - but don't give anything away)

Night phases are 24 hours which I may extend as I see fit

Standard rules and such apply, PM me with any questions.

The town needs a new mayor! Anyone can become mayor by getting a majority vote - votes for mayor will only count in this format: Elect: "player". You can withdraw or change your vote as often as you like. At the end of each day phase a new mayor will be elected if they have the most votes. Alternatively people can vote for no mayor.

Anyone can become mayor but there are a few special candidates who will earn extra abilities by becoming mayor. Some players have been given the names of who their character supports the most in their role PMs - that's mostly just for character flavour/background and doesn't indicate anything about that character.

Players (15):

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@mr\-paul

@Nintendohnut

@ReZourceman

@Rummy

@Tales

@Yvonne

DAY ONE STARTS NOW

Feel free to send in your night 1 PMs for a speedy night phase!

Majority is 8

Edited by The Peeps

I nominate myself as a candidate for mayor. I must express deep regret and sadness at the death of Mayor Peeps, he will be missed sorely by us all.

Having spent 20 years working for the public services, I have dedicated my life to the well-being of the residents of Peepsville and my dedication to our wonderful town will keep us moving forward into the next century. I know there are some who wish for power and control over Peepsville for their own personal gain, and some who just want anarchy, as well as soe other candidates who would do this town proud. But I pledge to surpass them all with my commitment, to work with you all to keep the town protected from wrongdoers and we will work together to make Peepsville a better place to live.

Under my leadership, violence would not be tolerated. Everyone will have the right to safety and happiness.

I also propose on this first night we do not lynch any suspect in the inquiry into Mayor Peeps death. We must allow our cops time to fully carry out their investigations before bringing anyone in for questioning.

Vote: No Lynch

A vote for mr-paul is a vote for the future of Peepsville.

Elect: mr-paul

Thank you.

Vote No Lynch

I don't trust anyone right now to vote for mayor.

As the Scrooge McDuck of Peepsville, I have organised a memorial service for our mayor in the next day phase. It shall be a tasteful affair, serving nothing but the finest warm Ribena and vintage lunchables. I hope you can all attend.

mr-paul - you make an interesting bid for the position of mayor. I would like to know what you plan to do about the herd of vagrants hanging about of Reginald Street. It's driving business away from my boutique moustache-dressing salon.

Peeps - is there lynching as well as mayor voting?

I'm assuming we can still lynch people, then? Vote:No lynch

I nominate myself as a candidate for mayor. I must express deep regret and sadness at the death of Mayor Peeps, he will be missed sorely by us all.

Having spent 20 years working for the public services, I have dedicated my life to the well-being of the residents of Peepsville and my dedication to our wonderful town will keep us moving forward into the next century. I know there are some who wish for power and control over Peepsville for their own personal gain, and some who just want anarchy, as well as soe other candidates who would do this town proud. But I pledge to surpass them all with my commitment, to work with you all to keep the town protected from wrongdoers and we will work together to make Peepsville a better place to live.

Under my leadership, violence would not be tolerated. Everyone will have the right to safety and happiness.

I also propose on this first night we do not lynch any suspect in the inquiry into Mayor Peeps death. We must allow our cops time to fully carry out their investigations before bringing anyone in for questioning.

A vote for mr-paul is a vote for the future of Peepsville.

Elect: mr-paul

Thank you.

As the Scrooge McDuck of Peepsville, I have organised a memorial service for our mayor in the next day phase. It shall be a tasteful affair, serving nothing but the finest warm Ribena and vintage lunchables. I hope you can all attend.

mr-paul - you make an interesting bid for the position of mayor. I would like to know what you plan to do about the herd of vagrants hanging about of Reginald Street. It's driving business away from my boutique moustache-dressing salon.

Peeps - is there lynching as well as mayor voting?

Your election pleas both sound fantastic, but you're just nameless faces to me right now, and I'm not sure I trust such people to run my town!

ah but at the moment mr-paul becomes mayor automatically since he has the majority vote!

so does that mean if we don't want a mayor elected we need to do elect: no mayor?

ah but at the moment mr-paul becomes mayor automatically since he has the majority vote!

so does that mean if we don't want a mayor elected we need to do elect: no mayor?

I assumed it meant if it hit half player+1 majority? Rather than like most votes(a system recently trialed in another game but is not used usually). Even so, if you're right, I know who I'll vote for! Vote:Rummy!

No wait, i meant elect! No vote! Elect:Rummy, Lynch:None!

I promise mistakes like this won't happen if I was in office. I'd be the Boris Johnson of Peepsville!

I'm assuming we can still lynch people, then? Vote:No lynch

Your election pleas both sound fantastic, but you're just nameless faces to me right now, and I'm not sure I trust such people to run my town!

My dear fellow twas not plea for mayor on my part. I was just enquiring as to the suitability of the candidate that had stepped forward.

A nameless face... now if you've been in Peepsville for more than 5 minutes you'd know my name .... (blast it can't seem to access my PM... shall post it when I can).

==========

MERGE

==========

....Edward Burnley is that name.

(list messages seems to be directing me to log in page... blasted new fangled technology)

My dear fellow twas not plea for mayor on my part. I was just enquiring as to the suitability of the candidate that had stepped forward.

A nameless face... now if you've been in Peepsville for more than 5 minutes you'd know my name .... (blast it can't seem to access my PM... shall post it when I can).

Looks mighty convenient to me...that you would forget your own name! I'd expect none less from a scurvy fiend such as yourself!

To Marcamillian, I will keep such vagrants off the street by tempting them with ice cream! But seriously, I believe we need to get more people in this town into work, I will help them become valuable members of society - I trust your boutique salon would love to get involved in my apprenticeship scheme? Soon these vagrants will not be driving people away, but helping your wonderful business (now when are you free to give my moustache a once over? :P)

Rummy, although in this fine forum I go by the name of mr-paul, in Peepsville you should know me as Richard Stigley.

==========

MERGE

==========

....Edward Burnley is that name.

(list messages seems to be directing me to log in page... blasted new fangled technology)

I see, I see. Back to your senses now eh? Forgive my outburst, but I believed your behavior highly similar to that of a generation of riffraff.

Ah, Mr Stigley! Mr Burnley! Whilst I'm not too familiar with either of you, I guess I shall put my efforts to someone's cause! Elect:mr-paul, because he very wisely pleaded first.

I think it would actually be more interesting (and makes more sense) to have mayor elections as most votes. So whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be mayor. If you don't want a mayor, you can elect no one / no mayor w/e :p

and yes, lynching is still present.

You guys have already made this game as awesome as I think it can be so I hope these posts continue!

-Ghost of Peeps

Before you leave once again for the other side, Mr Peeps, could you clear something up? What happens in the case of a tie for mayor? Will the mayor then be selected at random? And what about votes for oneself? I see a scenario in which everybody votes for themselves and the mayor is selected at random every time, and that doesn't seem in the spirit of the mechanic (if you'll excuse my spectral pun).

Politics is about trust. I know it is early, but I ask you Dannyboy to trust me and you will see the benefits. Everyone voting for themselves would see no benefit, as without strong leaders this town will crumble. Leaving the decision to random selection would be dangerous.

In a UK election, candidates have a right to vote and may vote for themselves. To deny this right would be undemocratic.

These mayoral elections may also show us suspect voting patterns which could aid the investigation into finding those responsible for Mayor Peeps' death.

Arthur Wilson's the name and i'll be Voting: No Lynch and Electing: No-one yet. I don't trust none of yous!

Tbf I'm thinking if we're lynching anyway, and I know people are always reluctant to lynch/kill of people, what's the real potential harm in electing mayors? Only mayor for a day after all. I think I might vote for a mayor every single day!

I would nominate myself for mayor, but as my PM specifically states that I support a separate campaign I would rather vote for them. I won't say who it is just yet, however.

I will Vote: No lynch and wait and see with my mayoral vote lest my favoured candidate comes forward.

I would also stress that the streetlamp outside my house has been flickering recently. I would expect the new mayor to have it fixed immediately as it's causing my sleep cycle to be hugely disrupted. And if my sleep cycle is disrupted, how am I meant to cycle to work?

Politics is about trust. I know it is early, but I ask you Dannyboy to trust me and you will see the benefits. Everyone voting for themselves would see no benefit, as without strong leaders this town will crumble. Leaving the decision to random selection would be dangerous.

In a UK election, candidates have a right to vote and may vote for themselves. To deny this right would be undemocratic.

These mayoral elections may also show us suspect voting patterns which could aid the investigation into finding those responsible for Mayor Peeps' death.

Which is exactly my point. I am enquiring as to the finer details of the election system in order that we can have the fairest possible election. After all, we are at the pinnacle of human civilisation: the democracy!

Mr stigley, you sound like my kind of man. I shall have a proposal drawn up regarding this apprenticeship scheme.

Elect : mr_paul

I would gladly prepare your moustache for its first public appearance as mayor. Might I ask you to say a few words in your official capacity at the memorial tomorrow?

Elect: EEVILMURRAY

My one policy: No bullshit. Fuck about and get your shit ruined.