NEurope
Wii

The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask Wii U Trailer?

Now I don't know if this is real or fake but this trailer is simply stunning. It alone is nearly better than the whole of Nintendos E3 presentation. If it is fake, then this person has serious talent and must have alot of resources and free time to create this.

Edited by Wii

If it's fake, it does make me wonder how an amateur can beat Nintendo at their own game.

Because they only had to model two rooms and two characters.

It's clearly a fake, but I agree they're very talented.

You can tell because they've only made one very small scene from the game which the whole trailer has been based around. If it was an official trailer, then after each time some wording comes up on screen, you would expect it to cut to a different scene, or something else/new, rather than just blend back to what you were watching before.

Well that and there's NO WAY Nintendo would put so much time/money/resources into a Wii U remake of this game! Any Majora's Mask remake should be handled in the same way as OOT was.

Really looking forward to seeing a new 3DS Zelda, a trailer can't be too far away, and then bring on Zelda Wii U, next E3 maybe? Though I guess a new 3D Mario is likely to come before that.

I repeat, it makes me wonder how they can beat Nintendo at their own game...

Nicely done, but the logo reveal at the end was pretty shit. Nice though, I liked the triangle lens flare on Tatl

As a teaser trailer, I think it shows enough to get the message across to people who already know what Majora's Mask is and would intrigue those who don't. The only thing it really lacked in terms of content was the moon. It's clearly a fake because they haven't even managed to get the text right on the logo for goodness sake - that's about as schoolboy as it gets... unless you're Capcom where it's actively encouraged.

If they were to do a MM remake, this is how it should be handled. A full redo over that makes it look just like the artwork. Not only that, but totally change the overworld and dungeons. Yes, it still has clock town, the four temples and moon but outside that doesn't mean they have to play in the exact same way. Basically, reuse the MM game structure to create, for all intents and purposes, a new game - like how Star Fox 64 superceeded Star Fox. Otherwise, any attempt to redo the thing in another Zelda game could come off rather negatively as an old idea. Ports with slightly improved graphics wreak of cash-in/ filler games - OoT and StarFox, I'm looking at you.

If they were to do a MM remake, this is how it should be handled. A full redo over that makes it look just like the artwork. Not only that, but totally change the overworld and dungeons. Yes, it still has clock town, the four temples and moon but outside that doesn't mean they have to play in the exact same way. Basically, reuse the MM game structure to create, for all intents and purposes, a new game - like how Star Fox 64 superceeded Star Fox. Otherwise, any attempt to redo the thing in another Zelda game could come off rather negatively as an old idea. Ports with slightly improved graphics wreak of cash-in/ filler games - OoT and StarFox, I'm looking at you.

They don't need to mess with perfection

They don't need to mess with perfection

I wouldn't say no to maybe one or more extra dungeons though......

I wouldn't say no to maybe one or more extra dungeons though......

That'd be necessary in a Wind Waker remake, not so much MM imo

Did anyone actually think there was a chance of this being real?

It looked nice enough, but it got really weak for me at the end when the music picked up but the animation didn't. At that point you would clearly expect some montage of action.

As soon as I saw it was CGI I knew it wasn't real, Nintendo would use in engine stuff.

It's clearly a fake because they haven't even managed to get the text right on the logo for goodness sake - that's about as schoolboy as it gets...

I might just be blind but what is wrong with the logo? Wrong font?

Oh, I do wish this were real but it would be a bit strange if it were. I just hope they will release MM3D at some point. Just because I think I only played MM one time and don't want to play it on VC.

So obviously fake. You can tell as soon as it starts!

If there is an MM remake, it'll be on 3DS. The assets are all there waiting to be used from OoT 3D. Make it happen, Grezzo.

They used these sort of graphics in one of the OOT 3d trailer

As darksnowman said, if MM is going to happen then it will be for the 3ds. But that doesn't stop Nintendo from making full hd trailers for handhelds.

Well the nintendo 3ds show is on in a few hours. We will find out then.

Edited by ssj

Yeah, I have to agree that Majora's Mask doesn't need a remake this elaborate. One from Grezzo the same standard as OOT 3D would be perfect.

They used these sort of graphics in one of the OOT 3d trailer

As darksnowman said, if MM is going to happen then it will be for the 3ds. But that doesn't stop Nintendo from making full hd trailers for handhelds.

Well the nintendo 3ds show is on in a few hours. We will find out then.

I never saw that advert....

I suppose its possible it is a genuine Nintendo trailer, but in the same vein as that one, just to show off a remade MM

a few hours to go, can't say i'm staying up to find out though

I might just be blind but what is wrong with the logo? Wrong font?

Look at the words "Majora's Mask" - does it not look oddly spaced and just plain strange? It did to me. And the reason is because the actual logo uses a greater font size for the "Majora's Mask" text versus the "The Legend Of" text so it lines up all nicely and not like that. It's simple design asthetics which often get overlooked by even the most loving of tributes amdist all the fancy stuff.