NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel Pinball 3D (eShop)

WOOT this is just as awesome as Zen Pinball, think the Cap table might become my "Excalibur" on this one. I thought it might be the Iron Man one first as it was the first table I played and on my 3rd try got a score of 10million and that that was awesome for a 3rd go.... but now I can't get paqst 3 million :heh:

I know where to lock balls for the multiball on it but so far only managed to get 2 balls in there. A lot harder than locking balls on Excalibur. Also the ramps on the IM table seem very steep the number of times a ball rolls half way up then just back down :mad:

There doesn't seem to be a lot of high scoring ramps or hits (on any table), seems all the high score stuff is from unlocking missions and beating them (which are kinda like the round table quests on Excalibur)

Example on the IM table a Skillshot from launch is only 50,000 points and locking a ball is only 10,000 where in Excalibur both are 500,000. Obviously not had a multiball yet so no idea what the jackpots might be like.

Though on the Fantastic Four table there is a lovely 1.5million for getting a launch skillshot...pitty everything else is tiny points and I seem to suck at the missions on that table :heh:

Good to see a few people d/l'd this on day one too, Welsh, Dazzy and Cvl return from Zen and Redshell I see picked this up too.

Still waiting on @S\.C\.G @dem0 and @kav82

(think that's everyone that had Zen....plus Kav :wink:)

probably until I download it and have one go...

I've seen your scores....still waiting for you to dominate :heh: :wink:

So far after my first 1 hour of play I have (at time of typing)

Iron Man: 10,151,000 (1st on N-E, 1st in Ireland, 6th in World)

Fantastic Four: 5,455,000 (1st on N-E, 3rd in Ireland, 50th in World)

Captain America: 33,707,799 (2nd on N-E, 1st in Ireland, 10th in World)

Blade: 11,497,400 (1st in N-E, 1st in Ireland, 12th in World)

I've also found the 1st Award on teh Cap table and the 2nd Award on the Blade table :D

Edited by Mokong

WOOT this is just as awesome as Zen Pinball, think the Cap table might become my "Excalibur" on this one.

It's my Excalibur (and El Dorado) too. Missions are fun and are well explained, plus the table comes alive during them. Love it!

Might get this if I ever get anywhere near everyone else's scores on Zen!! Not looking likely at the minute but I've never really played pinball games before... Sounds like Wii U will be satisfying you pinball wizards though.

Damn you @Mokong X\-C, I hadn't played a lot of Zen but loved it all the same...now you tell me this is good...and since it has Marvel in it, I've just had to delete two demos off my full SD card to fit this in...mmmmmmarvel....

edit...by the way, I've just bought my first DSi download game. Goooooal Europa 2012 (yes; that many "o"s). It's a twangey plastic man (blue/red) table football game and the video looked pretty good. I may have had a few but this looks bleedin smashin :D

Edited by edza

Had considered it, but I'm with madeinbeats, gotta put in much more time on regular Zen before I get this! Also a bit higher priced than what I'd like. It's done by Zen though, right?

Had considered it, but I'm with madeinbeats, gotta put in much more time on regular Zen before I get this! Also a bit higher priced than what I'd like. It's done by Zen though, right?

I think Beats has bought it...you should join him :wink:

And yeah it's made by Zen too, the extra cost is likely to cover the license fees to Marvel.

And @kav82

This is not just Pinball..... this is 3DS Pinball and it is awesome.

I not much of a Pinball player in arcades, takes a while and a lot of coins to get good.

Pinball on a home console makes little sense on a big TV, just feels like you are massively under using the consoles and TV's potential.

BUT Pinball on a handheld and especially on the 3DS oddly makes perfect sense and works awesomely :D

Also the 3D effect with the tables is probably one of the best on the handheld. The depth added by the 3D really makes it feel like there's a mini pinball table in your hands.

Not to mention the running vs against your friends' scores...! Really makes it moreish sometimes.

Also the 3D effect with the tables is probably one of the best on the handheld. The depth added by the 3D really makes it feel like there's a mini pinball table in your hands.

Yeah very true. That's the reason why I'm waiting on the 3DS version of The Pinball Arcade, instead of getting one of the other versions (I have a Vita and an iPhone 4S, so portability is not a defining factor here since I could just play those ones on the go if I wanted to)

S3D is the missing link with pinball simulation IMO. It removes that last barrier of unbelievability and makes it feel like an honest to goodness real pinball table. Switching back and forth between 2D and 3D really makes you appreciate the difference and see how much more playable pinball is in S3D (especially with the ramps! You can't tell that they hover above the playfield in 2D at all!)

Problem is that The Pinball Arcade 3DS isn't here yet and doesn't seem to be coming for a good while to come :( (I don't even care about the Wii U version, I just want the 3DS one)

Edited by Dcubed

I'm waiting on the 3DS version of The Pinball Arcade,

Oh man, can't wait for this one. Gorgar should be included I hope.

Regarding Marvel Pinball, I like all four tables so far, Captain America probably being the fave. But all four are very entertaining. Marvelous game. :hehe:

Got 11 Million on my 1st try on the 'Captain America' table. I was doing well until I lost the first ball, soon after that I lost ball's 2 & 3 in quick succession, that use to happen to me a lot when I played Zen. checked the world rankings and already saw some stupidly insane scores, gona play this again a bit later.

I was going to hold off on this until I got a look at the DLC, and its price point. But, you all seem to be loving it, my wallet is looking bare, and I'll seriously consider it now.

and Redshell I see picked this up too.
Yeah, I was going to get Zen Pinball in the eShop sale, but this looked more like my cup of tea.

I'm enjoying it, but I've never been very good at pinball, real or video game form. :hmm:

Still fun though, nice to already see N-E peeps high up the leaderboards too. icon14.gif

My favourite table is definitely Blade. UV multiball = awesome! :awesome:

Then it's probably a tie between Iron Man and Fantastic 4 for second fave, not a fan of the Captain America table at all.

I've got 3 out of the 4 medals on the Blade table done, and had the top N-E score for a little while too... until @Mokong X\-C decided to steal the top spot. :bowdown:

I can tell this game is going to get pretty addictive. :grin:

Yeah, I was going to get Zen Pinball in the eShop sale, but this looked more like my cup of tea.

I'm enjoying it, but I've never been very good at pinball, real or video game form. :hmm:

Still fun though, nice to already see N-E peeps high up the leaderboards too. icon14.gif

I never been any good any any form of pinball either, but I got Zen on a bit of a whim bout 2 weeks after it came out and was hooked. I think the big appeal is trying to set those highscores, having different leaderboards like Friends, Your Country and World makes it even better, having different targets :D

Plus it helps that once you get the hang of it the tables become really fun and awesome when you start to learn the tricks.

I'd HIGHLY advise that if you enjoy this you should d/l Zen Pinball too at some point. I'm loving Marvel Pinball but the Excalibur table on Zen is still my fav table between both games :D

My favourite table is definitely Blade. UV multiball = awesome! :awesome:

Then it's probably a tie between Iron Man and Fantastic 4 for second fave, not a fan of the Captain America table at all.

I've got 3 out of the 4 medals on the Blade table done, and had the top N-E score for a little while too... until @Mokong X\-C decided to steal the top spot. :bowdown:

I can tell this game is going to get pretty addictive. :grin:

You sure that wasn't the Iron Man table? I don't remember breaking my top score on Blade today but I know I did on Iron Man and remember seeing you in 2nd place when I checked my Friends table :D

But yeah I'm loving the Blade table too, love how it changes form night to day and I seem to have worked out how to get the balls locked for a multiball too. Managed to get it twice but haven't quite worked out the jackpots yet...not even sure how much it starts at as I didn't see it properly, I think it was 300,000.

S3D is the missing link with pinball simulation IMO. It removes that last barrier of unbelievability and makes it feel like an honest to goodness real pinball table. Switching back and forth between 2D and 3D really makes you appreciate the difference and see how much more playable pinball is in S3D (especially with the ramps! You can't tell that they hover above the playfield in 2D at all!)

Yeah I find there is even a massive different between having the slider half up and max. And I just can't seem to play either Zen or Marvel with the S3D turned off, it must be on or I oddly lose my timing completely.

Definately a great example of where the s3D truely adds to and improves on the experience.

You sure that wasn't the Iron Man table? I don't remember breaking my top score on Blade today but I know I did on Iron Man and remember seeing you in 2nd place when I checked my Friends table :D
Yep, definitely on Blade. I just took back the N-E top spot for that table though, 20,176,000. :yay:

Still not a massive score, so I'm sure it won't last long. :hehe:

But yeah I'm loving the Blade table too, love how it changes form night to day and I seem to have worked out how to get the balls locked for a multiball too. Managed to get it twice but haven't quite worked out the jackpots yet...not even sure how much it starts at as I didn't see it properly, I think it was 300,000.
I've actually stopped playing the other tables. Going to focus on Blade, it's just too addictive. :D

It reminded me of this though, and now I can't get it out of my head:

:heh:

Just had a look this morning. Looks like @Welsh is in control having the highest scores on Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Captain America. @Dazzy leads the Blade table.

I'm warming to the Fantastic Four table, I like the blue ice theme and the relative simplicity of this table, maybe it's become my new fave. I began to read the manuals for each table though, they're longer than the bible! So I skipped that and am just playing and trying out things on my own, I may return to the manual later though if things don't improve.

Edit: Yeah! I am number 1 in the Team Force high scores category among my friends and #4 in the world. Actually, the world's best Marvel Pinball players listed at number 4 to 10 in the Team Force high scores category are all N-E members. :cool:

Edited by cvl
Automerged Doublepost

Ony had one go on each table and last fight I had my second go on the blade table as RedShell was praising it and got the top score :) It's easier to get the x2 bonus on this than any board in zen pinball. Don't ow how I did it though. Still to looked through my of the board rules yet, just going to have a few more goes, figure a few things out myself, and then have a look. Pinball is so overwhelming at first!

Loving it though. Does anyone else play it and think "can't wait to play this on the xl"?

Does anyone else play it and think "can't wait to play this on the xl"?

Yes, it would help A LOT! but I could say the same thing for other games too.

I've heard quite a bit about balls getting stuck in ramps on the Captain America and Fantastic Four tables and that players weren't able to continue playing... Have you guys come across any glitches like that?

Nope, I haven't come across any glitches at all, so far I've spent most of the time playing on the Captain America table, however I've only played the F4 table once, so I'll have to see after I've given it more goes.

I've heard quite a bit about balls getting stuck in ramps on the Captain America and Fantastic Four tables and that players weren't able to continue playing... Have you guys come across any glitches like that?

Yesterday, during a round of multiball on the Captain America table, my last ball somehow got in the launch lane despite it being closed off, so it couldn't get out of there, and kept bouncing up and down, up and down....

Was on my first ball with a score of 42 million, so wasn't happy when I had to restart my game :nono:

Apparently if one of your balls doesn't move for 10 seconds or more, (excluding when it's resting on the flippers) the ball should respawn from the launch area. Think I've noticed this happen a few times on the Iron Man table already.

Anywhoo, I'm sure Zen Studios will patch these glitches soon enough, like they did with Zen Pinball.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Not on those tables, but twice today on Iron Man a ball has suddenly jumped under a flipper when I've hit it...

just wanted to post to let @RedShell know he is no longer top of the Blade table :D

Just edged ya out with 29million :D

Challenge Issued :wink:

Yeah the Blade table is starting to become my fav now, seem to be getting better at it each time I play, my high score before today was 18million, I upped it to 22million then 25million and now 29million in my last 5 plays :D

Cap table would be 2nd though I can't remember my high score on that but I tink I'm only like 4th on teh N-E ranks on that :heh:

Not really touched the other tables in a few days

just wanted to post to let @RedShell know he is no longer top of the Blade table :D

Just edged ya out with 29million :D

Challenge Issued :wink:

Damn you, Mokong! :grin:

You would beat my score just when I'm about to get my hands on Rhythm Tengoku Wii, knowing full well that I'll be too distracted by that game in order to retaliate. :heh:

BTW, have you seen the overall score for Blade? It's something nuts like 300 million! :o How the crap someone managed that so early on I've no idea. :blank: Seriously impressive though.

Hmmm, guess my score hasn't updated then @Mokong X\-C :)

Top of Blade and Iron Man. 2nd on the other two. Not bad for 4 hours play time!

Love this game!