NEurope
Retro_Link

Tank! Tank! Tank!

My son is going to love this, and I'll love playing it with him (he is 6 years old). This will be a good go to when we've had over-exposure to NintendoLand. Seen it on-line for 25 quid.

This video had me in stitches. :D

The game may be basic, but it looks to be a right laugh when played with some mates.

There needs to be the option to devide the screen into a grid for multiplayer though, with the unused square being a map or just blank, because those verticle screens are way too narrow!

There needs to be the option to devide the screen into a grid for multiplayer though, with the unused square being a map or just blank, because those verticle screens are way too narrow!

I think it's because you look up a lot so need the verticality of shooting big monsters!

Shnope!!!

Cheapest is £25 (£35 in game - nobs!)... not going to buy it for that but tempted as I have two gaming weekends in a row in December...

£22.99 argos, not bad

At that price it could very well be a be a cheeky impulse purchase when im out and about.

At that price it could very well be a be a cheeky impulse purchase when im out and about.

Same here. We'll have so many games to play but this does look good!

Jostiq, have given it a review and it came up as 3.5 stars out of 5 (3.5/5).

Saying it's fun, but maybe short-lived. Also, good with friends, not the sort of game to play alone. I contest that, my son will probably play this to death alone.

While Tank Tank Tank offers up a bit of goofy fun, it's the sort of fun that probably won't last.

Full review: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/tank-tank-tank-review/

Still, 3.5 is a surprisingly good score!

Oh, yeah. I'm not disparaging it. I'm still looking forward to this Japanese monster/tank title for a fun blast between NintendoLand et.al.

While I can see the appeal... is the quantity of content enough to justify a disc release?

That's a legit question, not sarcasm.

While I can see the appeal... is the quantity of content enough to justify a disc release?

That's a legit question, not sarcasm.

I'll be downloading it if it's on the eShop.

I started playing this yesterday and it's such a blast. Those looking for a deep gameplay experience can move along now, but those who like fun and replay value, then this will be right up your street.

You start the game by taking a picture of yourself for your tank. You get to pick what kind of frame goes around your face, usually a hat of some sort. With it being close to Christmas I picked a Rudolph frame. Tis the season!

After that its straight to the action. You jump in your tank and start blasting everything in sight and that's all you need to do. You move with the control sticks and fire with anyone of the buttons. Simple.

When you complete a mission you gain a medal. These unlock new tanks which have different stats and weapons to each other. Overall I think they are 20 to unlock, need 500 odd medals to get the last one.

Missions also require medals to unlock. You need to switch tanks to unlock the amount needed though. You get a medal for each tank that finishes a stage, so if you stick to one tank you will hit a point where you can't go any further and you will need to switch tanks and replay some stages. Finish the stage with a new tank and another medal is unlocked.

You also get graded on how fast you finish the stage. You get a different amount of exp depending on your grade. The exp automatically upgrades your tanks stats, whether it be HP or firepower.

Many reviews marked ths down for being a port of an arcade game yet during the Dreamcast era we had the likes of Crazy Taxi and nobody batted an eye lid. You can tell it has arcade roots but it doesn't stop the game being fun and it the end of the day isn't that what gaming is all about?

I see Nintendolife gave this game a panning. I have to disagree with certain things they have said in the review. The game is still fun in single player and while they may not like having to do levels again and again I enjoy the replay value it offers.

It's not as if it's the same thing over and over either. The new tanks you unlock tend to be different from one another. One may have a massive amount of HP but fewer lives, which means you can charge in guns ablazing. Another is fast as hell but has low HP so you have to zip around the map looking for powerups.

I finished the main campaign with my main tank yesterday. The last couple of levels were a real challenge, even with a fully upgraded tank. One of them I finished with just 1 second to spare! So that's 1 tank down and 19 to go. With the story done I can now just pick away at it where I get a free moment.

One thing that kept making me laugh was the voice over guy while you play. He keeps saying "KEEP FIRING!" which instantly kept bringing me back to this scene in Spaceballs. :D

Oh, I see the game has some form of in game achievements as well! I noticed I unlocked a few on my way through the campaign.This game just keeps on giving!

Yeah Gametrailers gave this a 3.6!

Low scores mean nothing to me now, I mean I still remember when God Hand got a 3/10 from IGN.

Yeah I think Jedi Power Battles got absolutely slammed across the board, but it was one of my most fun Dreamcast games. The co-op fun especially to be had in that was amazing!

Low scores mean nothing to me now, I mean I still remember when God Hand got a 3/10 from IGN.

It's all a matter of opinion of course.

My personal opinion is that God Hand has stiff controls, stiff character animations and a basic combat system where you can win by just mashing buttons. Which is quite terrible in a game where all you do is to punch people (with the awkward shooting ships mini game from time to time). Not to mention that graphically there was nothing that couldn't have been done on the N64.

I do know some people who love God Hand, so I do realise that it has an appeal. Although that appeal may very much be ironic. They have a great laugh watching your character performing crotch stomping QTE's every single time an enemy falls over for example.

I can't talk about the gameplay wise qualities of T!T!T!, but I'm positively surprised regarding the ammount of unlockable content and don't quite agree with GT's claim that everything looks terrible. It is very primitive and all around incredibly unimpressive graphically. And of course, I still don't understand why there isn't even an option to shoot in a different direction than you're heading.

Edited by darkjak

graphically there was nothing that couldn't have been done on the N64.

.....ooooook, whatever you say.

Looks like a N64 game alright.

It's quite fun, actually. Stupid, brainless, arcadey fun, but fun nonetheless. Still, not worth the full retailprice, but definitely recommended if you like arcade games and you find it cheap.

It's ol'skool over-the-top colourful simple arcadestyle gaming. Me like! And quite addictive, I might add. It shames me to say I've played this more than ACIII.

One thing that kept making me laugh was the voice over guy while you play. He keeps saying "KEEP FIRING!" which instantly kept bringing me back to this scene in Spaceballs.

Classic! :)

This is now free to play in Europe

Nintendo has made good on its promise to broaden its digital software offer by making Namco Bandai’s Tank! Tank! Tank! Free to play.

The game has failed to perform commercially, not least because of the critical mauling that saw it win a Metacritic average of just 45 per cent.

Gamers are now able to download a free ‘basic’ pack that includes three games modes – Monster Battle, Free-For-All and Team Versus. Players will be limited to three sessions of each mode for free every day.

Players can then, if they choose, pay an addition fee on up to ten pieces of DLC that will offer extra levels and modes. Purchasing any of these will also remove the gameplay restrictions.

For the time being these cost only £1.59 per pack, although the price will at some stage increase to £7.99.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/tank-tank-tank-goes-free-to-play-on-wii-u/0110760

Sucks for those few who bought it.