NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

No shit...I forgot Lego needed 467378547856346 polygons per model :p Fact is, this game looks the most realistic of any game

Lego? Realistic?

You should probably change that to 'impressive' or 'artistic'. Realism isn't key in video games folks, it's all about art style!

Lego? Realistic?

You should probably change that to 'impressive' or 'artistic'. Realism isn't key in video games folks, it's all about art style!

The models are looking exactly like Lego models now, ergo realistic :p Especially as the Lego models in this game are all based on real sets

First Impressions from Nintendolife

Great read. Sounds very promising.

Hello hello hello, what have we here then?:

9Db09bN.jpg

We'll outline some key features of the game later this week, including Nintendo cameos, and keep an eye out for our extensive interview with the developers later today.
Nice. :)

Hello hello hello, what have we here then?:

9Db09bN.jpg

Nice. :)

Yeah, it's looking great. Remember the warp pipe in the first video?

After today I kinda want this game now. Not sure if its for the sake of a new game or not but it's strangely appealing. Oh March is going to be a pricey one.

I wasted 12 minutes of My life and not once did it mention off TV play... :)

Think he means it's filmed off-tv :p

Think he means it's filmed off-tv :p

Gather now, but with that also being a major feature of the gamepad I thought it was a new feature... oh well :)

First 'kinda' review of Undercover. You might find it slightly annoying. At the end they mention a lego kit you can pick up with a [NFC] code you can scan in to unlock content. Not a collector but i'd be half interested in getting it just because it'd be the first NFC item for the Wii U... That along with the pre-order version would be a shit hot collector's piece.

Oh dear fucking god. I don't know what's more irritating, the robots, or the fact they call the plural legoS. No, definitely the robots....

Does anyone enjoy listening to them? How can they think its a good idea to be the annoying? The desperation some people go to to be different...

At the end they mention a lego kit you can pick up with a [NFC] code you can scan in to unlock content. Not a collector but i'd be half interested in getting it just because it'd be the first NFC item for the Wii U... That along with the pre-order version would be a shit hot collector's piece.

It's not NFC. It's just a code printed on one of the blocks. I've got the set already (it's awesome), so I'd know.

Also, that might have been the most annoying review I've ever seen.

It's not NFC. It's just a code printed on one of the blocks. I've got the set already (it's awesome), so I'd know.

Is there no mention of NFC as well? Seems most lame if it's just a code.

Is it a unique code or a standardised one like "BR1CK"

Is it a unique code or a standardised one like "BR1CK"

I wouldn't know if it's unique, as I only bought the one set, but it does seem to be a random mix of letters, at least.

New US TV advert. I'm not a graphics pimp, but man, those jaggy shadows on the that character's faces really erk me - seems like such a pissy issue to fix, I really thought they would have been smoothed out before release.

Gameinformer brief highlights.

Score was 8.5

"TT Fusion has absolutely nailed the best parts of sandbox games..."

"I love how easy it is to get around town, too; you scroll around the GamePad minimap

and tap your destination, which is then plotted on the TV via a line of ghostly Lego studs."

"This is one of the funnest games I've played in a while, and it provides anarchic thrills that

should keep kids busy for a long time."

- Jeff Cork of GameInformer

•Moderately high Replay Value

•Platforming is still a weak spot, but TT did a good job with the Gamepad

•A 70's cop show soundtrack is great for the first few hours, But your ears will go numb beyond that

•Great to see Lego characters in a realistic world, but there is some minor screen tearing

•An original Story based in the Lego universe.

•One of the funniest games (The reviewer) has played in a while and it provides anarchic that should keep kids busy for a long time

Edited by madeinbeats

New US TV advert. I'm not a graphics pimp, but man, those jaggy shadows on the that character's faces really erk me - seems like such a pissy issue to fix, I really thought they would have been smoothed out before release.

Just be thankful it's getting an advert lol! Really, with this, MH3U and NFS Nintendo should really take the opportunity to go on a bit of an advertising blitz and try to at least raise some awareness that the Wii U is out there and has some top notch software!

That review sounds pretty negative. Bizarre high score following those comments...

Yeah I'm getting 4 games in a week at the end of March, getting good (though April onwards looks as slack as ever) - everything would have looked so much more healthy if they released these 4 games one a week, or one every two weeks...

Bad loading times,music gets boring, platforming is weak, scanning is annoying, screen tearing, side quests dealt with badly.