NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii U Panorama View

0.jpg?cache=57.087477336679356

4.jpg?cache=42.53568800115753

Experience Your Own Personal Panoramic Tour

Pick up the Wii U GamePad controller and get ready to transform your living room into an exotic location from around the world. By moving the GamePad up, down, left or right, you can look around at all your surroundings and feel like you're really experiencing these locations in person. You control the viewer's perspective, making it feel as though you've been transported directly to the center of the video's destination.

Features:

Personalize your viewing experience with various tools, like zooming in on points of interest, setting the tilt or changing to a different perspective.

Rotating the GamePad will change your viewing perspective from landscape to portrait, providing a better view of vertical objects such as towers.

At the end of the experience, you will be shown the top three images or areas of the video where you focused the majority of your attention.

The GamePad records your personalized viewing experience, allowing you to share your vantage point and interests with your family and friends. These pre-recorded videos can be viewed on the GamePad or the TV.

A fucking joke. The promo clip with that sugary sweet family with the most annoying 'dad' in the world ever, couldn't have been any more pathetic.

Hope they pack this in (like the wii 'channels') my Mum would love this!

Yeah...for about 5 minutes... As a demo to show how the tech can be used in games, great.

When I saw this I only thought one thing:

GIVE ME AN ENDLESS OCEAN 3!!!

In which you're holding on to one of those floatation devices?

Who makes Endless Ocean? Are they still around?

An Endless Ocean 3 would have been one of the perfect launch titles!

He makes it sound like quite a big deal... Could this be the Wii U's Wii Sports? The one that gets everyone talking about the console?

Wii U Panorama View Hands On Preview

On 06/08/2012 at 12:10 AM, by Jason Ross

The only thing that could be better than Wii U™ Panorama View would be Wii U™ Panorama View: Game of the Year Edition.

Every year, about the time the massive Electronic Entertainment Expo occurs, there are the rumblings of an ancient prophecy. Myths and rumors are whispered about a truly revolutionary video game, one that will change the world and the way humanity sees it. A few games have bubbled up in this century and the last that have shown some potential, but as time passed, it was clear they were only precursors to the video game messiah.

Finally, the prophecy has been fulfilled. Nintendo has shown us the One, True Game: Wii U™ Panorama View.

First, before I begin my preview, let me preface my words with this: The glory that is Wii U™ Panorama View can not be expressed by mere words, nor can it be told in one single preview. I will do my best with illustrations and example images to convey how much wonder and bewilderment can be found in Wii U™ Panorama View, but unfortunately, I am a mere mortal, and as such, my descriptions and words will be flawed. I hope you can understand I will do the best I can, but this is truly a game that must be seen. That must be played. There is no Wii U™, only Wii U™ Panorama View.

1636.png

An artist's rendering of clouds, one of the sights possible in Wii U™ Panorama View.

Many of us have flown in planes before. Most have peered out of those tiny, little portholes at the clouds, at the ground below. Most of us have been annoyed by seeing the wings of the plane obstructing our views. For those of you who have shared those feelings with me, I have good news. Picture sitting in a window-seat on an airplane. Now, imagine you can hold the window in your hands. And imagine you don't have to fasten your seat belt. Imagine there is no seat belt at all. In fact, you're not even on an airplane. However, you will think you are flying. Why? Because you're holding the Wii U™ GamePad controller, and you're playing Wii U™ Panorama View. Now, picture that rather than being on an airplane, you're in your living room, looking at the screen on the Wii U™ GamePad controller, peering into the skies, watching clouds pass by as you fly through the air in your house, with your flying plane window in your hands and no airplane wing blocking your line of site.

1637.png

Nintendo has neither confirmed nor denied that you can experience the epic moment at the beginning of Disney's The Lion King in Wii U™ Panorama View.

In my childhood, I was rather fond of ducks. Any ducks, really. Even ducklings. Especially ducklings. However, as a child, I experienced emotional trauma whenever I would run towards the ducks and they would fly away. Perhaps now, thanks to Wii U™ Panorama View, I may be able to overcome my PTSD in a safe and healthy environment. Why? Because Wii U™ Panorama View has geese! Canadian geese! The kind of geese that look like ducks! Once Wii U™ Panorama View is released, I'll be able to view as many duck-like geese from any angle I choose, whenever I want! Even while the geese are flying!

1638.png

Please do not try to shove bread into the Wii U™ GamePad controller. As lifelike as these geese seem, they will not be able to eat it.

Of course, Wii U™ Panorama View isn't just a giant game of duck, duck, goose. This phenomenal piece of software will offer a chance to look around at various “exotic” locations from around the world! It's like being magically teleported to a magical landmark in a magical world all inside the magical Wii U™ console by looking through a porthole that is the Wii U™ GamePad controller, so you'll never forget you're actually in your living room. Additionally, the television screen can show which direction you are oriented in via a Mii, and you can orient the Wii U™ GamePad in landscape and portrait-style directions to take a better look at your surroundings. At the end of your tour through a magical, exotic location, you'll be shown the top three places at which you've focused your attention! That way, you can experience the magic all over again!

Obviously, the last two things were better than the first two.

1639.png

Wii U™ Panorama View would be incomplete without a social experience. That's why you can record your visual journey for later watches, or to share the adventure with friends and family! Not only that, but the recorded video can be played on both the TV and the Wii U™ GamePad so everyone can see it.

Nintendo made a risky move in announcing Wii U™ Panorama View for the Wii U™. With such a behemoth of a title on the way, the remaining portion of the Wii U™'s launch line-up is destined to have its sales cannibalized. When Wii U™ Panorama View is released in Holiday 2012, the whole world's head will turn and take notice. Preorder your copy now, so you won't your children, spouses, siblings, or parents won't have to unwrap bad news on Christmas day.

Source: http://www.pixlbit.com/preview/224/wii_u_panorama_view_working_title_preview

Edited by madeinbeats

You realise he's joking right?

I think madeinbeats is also joking.

No. Dude, the guy really sold it me!!! If this is a joke I hope Reggie gets sacked and this guy presents Nintendo's E3 next year! :o

Actually if they threw Street View in there it could be useful now and then :heh:

There's a fair bit of potential here. I loved - and still love - Face Raiders and with some tasks and objectives thrown in Panorama View could be pretty nice.

Plus, given that loads of cities are now being fully rendered in 3D by Google and more, with high resolution photography texturing the 3D model, Panorama View could evolve into a great piece of software.

So did anyone try this out?

I downloaded the Demo, was interesting and worked very well. Could see myself using it as a "show off" thing to guests that might not know bout the Wii U as an example of something the gamepad could do within a game.

Wouldn't pay for the full vids though, at 2euro each no way.... maybe if they were like 10cents each :heh:

Though if they made a video that was on an awesome rollercoaster or something I might be tempted just to see it :D

The demo's really clever but I can't believe many people would spend money on the full experience. Should've been free, like the AR app on 3DS.

Still quite interested in the carnival and the birds ones, especially. Haven't tried the demo yet, but I don't mind paying a bit if it impresses.

I saw a thread on gaf saying there are Easter eggs and things hidden in each video.

The demo's really clever but I can't believe many people would spend money on the full experience. Should've been free, like the AR app on 3DS.

Yeah agreed, I tried out the demo today and it seemed pretty cool but not good enough to actually pay for those videos.

They shouldn't have 'blurred' out the vehicles, it just makes it odd.

I saw a thread on gaf saying there are Easter eggs and things hidden in each video.

That's interesting... would like to try find them but still not enough to make me want to buy the vids.... wonder if any of teh easter eggs are in the Demo?

Think I found a Duck Hunt reference though :heh:

That's interesting... would like to try find them but still not enough to make me want to buy the vids.... wonder if any of teh easter eggs are in the Demo?

Think I found a Duck Hunt reference though :heh:

And Pilotwings, maybe ZombiU (before the infestation), ummm ... can't think of any else :p

Wasn't massively impressed with this in the end. :hmm:

It's cool, but not worth buying the vids for. Especially not at their current price! :o

This probably would've been much more impressive if it was released before Wii Street U.

The demo's on the eShop are exactly the same as those that were shown at the pre-launch event. Yet now you have to pay for the them.