NEurope
Cheapshot

The best console this generation.

What do you think has been the best console this gen?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has been the best console this gen?

• Playstation 2
    • GameCube
    • Xbox

For me, Gamecube wins ive had the most fun with it , next up is Ps2 with its large range of great games especially RPGs. Last and far away is xbox which contains no worthwhile exclusives bar outrun2.

I've voted Xbox, basically because of Halo 2 and Live. If it wasn't for the joys of shooting people, it'd be Gamecube easily. And I don't even own a PS2..

Cube with ease for me.

Best pad meaning the third paty games are better - namely Winning Eleven :)

Also, Soul Calibur is one of my fave 3rd parties and the cube has Link in it.

And then theres Animal Crossing, Knga, Junglke Beat, Waverace (sooooo underrated), FZero, Mario ,Zelda, Prime, Rogue Leader, Pikmin etc etc.

Yeah, absolutely no contest for me.

No question here: Gamecube.

By far the best console of the three and here´s a few reasons:

SSBM

GOTCHA FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

The best controller ever.

sorry but yes the gamecube was good had had some good games, but how many of them games are we seeing on the PS2, re4 VJ, the xbox got into the PS2 market, pro evo 4 gta sa, gameucbe never did that and thr xbox comes out top. ikmagine them the gamecube with WE 9 and GTA would be sweet but was let down mangement.

I'd say dreamcast was this generation...

Nes - Master System

Snes - Mega Drive

N64 - Sega Staurn

Gamecube- Dreamcast

Also the fact that when the Playstation was released it was considered same generation as Dreamcast (was it not) and you can't change the rules half way through the game!

Anyway I vote for Gamecube, but then I don't have a PS2 (although I occasionly played my brothers but didn't enjoy it) or an Xbox, I do though half a Dreamcast (as you've probably guessed and so that comes in second!

Well, you can consider the dreamcast in the same generation as ps2... but it seems wrong to compare it with the gc and xbox because by the time off their arrival the dc had bit the dust. It was more halfway between generations IMO.

Hey Cheapshot sorry i havent voted or posted on here yet! dont go on other consoles much! :( i will have to start coming on! this thred has done Realy good! :P i would have to vote for Game Cube M8! :P or is it PS2 dunno there extremely close but i will vote Cube:P

zxxcyzcxz.jpg

Take The quiz yourself!

The Gamecube and the Xbox are the only consoles this generation.

The PlayStation2 is just around as a throwback from the previous generation.

Although lest I forget, the GameCube had a hideous flaw: too little RAM. It shares this critical flaw with the Dreamcast. Naomi didn't have it, but the Dreamcast does.

RAM IS IMPORTANT.

Although lest I forget, the GameCube had a hideous flaw: too little RAM. It shares this critical flaw with the Dreamcast. Naomi didn't have it, but the Dreamcast does.

RAM IS IMPORTANT.

Hmm? The GameCube ram is actually quite fast; faster than the PS2 anyway. The fact it's able to run a game as big as Zelda:TP proves this fact.

It's fast but that doesn't make it any better if it hasn't got much.

Although PS2 hasn't got much but can still push some damn good stuff, just check God Of War, so it doesn't really matter this gen.

GameCube has 24MB's of unified-standalone 1T-SRAM, along with 3MB's on-chip, and a supplemental 16MB's of SDRAM(AKA A-RAM("A" for Auxiliary))for a total of 43MB's.

I stand corrected, I didn't count on-chip memory when I saw the Cube's specs. Not that it means anything different.

I would have to go with the Ps2 .I mean the shear quntity of games realeased for it means that it will have very good games on it.