NEurope
Cheapshot

The best console this generation.

What do you think has been the best console this gen?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has been the best console this gen?

• Playstation 2
    • GameCube
    • Xbox

Xbox Live has no real console competitor at the moment.

Halo 2 is excellent (more so than Halo).

Edit: The guns in Halo are better than in Halo 2?

As far as I recall as soon as everyone had a pistol they didn't bother with anything else.

Yes, they were unbalanced, but nowhere near as unbalanced as the guns in Halo 2. No one uses the pistols anymore, they're that crap, even the rifles are scarcely used. It's all about the Plasma Sword now, as that is a one-hit kill with the R button lunge attack.

That's a seriously unbalanced game right there.

GC to me no doubt about it, it has the biggest number of must have titles and it has Nintendo's games. Weak 3rd party support didn't affect me much as I don't care for most of the games they make. PS2 in a very distant second.

Yes' date=' they were unbalanced, but nowhere near as unbalanced as the guns in Halo 2. No one uses the pistols anymore, they're that crap, even the rifles are scarcely used. It's all about the Plasma Sword now, as that is a one-hit kill with the R button lunge attack.

That's a seriously unbalanced game right there.[/quote']

What's that buddy? Got a plasma sword? Oh, really? What's that, you're 10 metres away?

Well well, look who's got a battle rifle with a scope! Bang bang mutha fucka, you're dead!

To choose a best console this generation is difficult.

Xbox is the best regarding online and customisation - Xbox Live is fantastic, and the Custom Soundtrack option is essential! I'd hate to be stuck with the PS2 version of Burnout 3 after hearing *that* music. *shudders* Teenager music.

PS2 is the best console for Japanese games. Gitaroo Man, Disgaea, Final Fantasy X, Star Ocean 3... fantastic!

Gamecube lets you play GBA games on the telly... that's pretty cool, I guess.

Yes' date=' they were unbalanced, but nowhere near as unbalanced as the guns in Halo 2. No one uses the pistols anymore, they're that crap, even the rifles are scarcely used. It's all about the Plasma Sword now, as that is a one-hit kill with the R button lunge attack.

That's a seriously unbalanced game right there.[/quote']

Yes.

I forgot about the Plasma Sword's boomerang feature where it can kill anyone that is more than a foot away from you.

In regards to the subject, the Gamecube has been my favourite console this generation due to the fact that Metroid Prime is on it.

Xbox, its just so damn gud,

great games like halo 2 and splinter cell series, and Xbox live is amazing

Not when it's posted in the rivals section, where quite a lot of people have more than one console.

But nevertheless, many people would have bought XBox or PS2 as the second console to Gamecube. If they bought the Gamecube as their second or third console it would not make much sense being part of a Nintendo forum.

But nevertheless, many people would have bought XBox or PS2 as the second console to Gamecube. If they bought the Gamecube as their second or third console it would not make much sense being part of a Nintendo forum.

So, if like me, had PS2 first, as it came out BEFORE the gamecube, im not a real nintendo fan as i didnt wait for it so i cant really post here?

thats fuckin stupid, i wasnt going to stay off nxt gen just because nintendo hadnt let me go to nxt gen yet, open your mind a bit...

Im a fan of nintendo , and a member of a nintendo forum, also a xbox forum, i like xbox more, but i like this forum more than the xbox one.. So be quiet.. lol

/rant

So, if like me, had PS2 first, as it came out BEFORE the gamecube, im not a real nintendo fan as i didnt wait for it so i cant really post here?

thats fuckin stupid, i wasnt going to stay off nxt gen just because nintendo hadnt let me go to nxt gen yet, open your mind a bit...

Im a fan of nintendo , and a member of a nintendo forum, also a xbox forum, i like xbox more, but i like this forum more than the xbox one.. So be quiet.. lol

/rant

Yes, but some users have only a Gamecube and some other people are those who I just explained. It makes sense, well to me it does. Lets agree to disagree.

The DS as it has opened up a whole new range of things, but for the home consoles, Gamecube!

Mainly because the amount of great games and fun I've had on the Cube compared ot my dimal and boring PS2 colleciton.

i voted ps2, but where's the option for dreamcast?

Because its not really this generation and its been defunct for about 3 years.

I voted Xbox, purely because thats what I have played on most. 8 Player Halo 2 Linkage :D

Definately the PS2 by a long shot. All the memorable Pro Evo tournaments, the beautiful game which is ICO and one of the best series ever....MGS baby!!

There's still okami, pro evo 5 and other games that I'm still looking forward to.

But GC is good too.... :hmm:

That's true. But, there are quite a lot of people on this site who don't actually have a Gamecube or like Nintendo consoles. I know, it doesn't make sense, but they are here. :heh:

Gamecube lets you play GBA games on the telly... that's pretty cool, I guess.

I'm sorry and don't get insulted, but that's a seriously narrow and idiotic point of view. Again, sorry if I was harsh, but it's what I think of your comments.

Hey, no problem. I've just been *extremely* disappointed with Gamecube in total. I was really excited about it at first (I paid over £400 to import one in the Japanese launch week), but every single big game outside of Smash Bros and the RPGs like Symphonia and Arcadia has been a massive letdown for me. They wrecked Starfox (Lylat Wars being my favourite N64 game in history), Mario wasn't all that fun, I never liked Mario Kart anyway...

Meh, Gamecube just doesn't hit the spot for me, is all. Runs Sonic Mega Collection nicely, though. : :D

well I have all 3 (4 counting the dreamcast) and I voted xbox. My PS2 is packed away, and has been for almost a year.. and the last title i bought for the GameCube was Killer 7, and before that, I can't remember. My xbox is still running strong with a lot of games I still have to play. Im just waiting for them to get cheaper. Also im in a period where i really like blowing stuff up and shooting things.. theres a lot more destruction going on on the xbox

Yes.

I forgot about the Plasma Sword's boomerang feature where it can kill anyone that is more than a foot away from you.

Whatever. Halo is better than Halo 2 in more ways than one, the Assault Rifle was an awesome weapon … the Battle Rifle is a bit meh, as are the SMGs. Even holding two at a time isn't as good as one Assault Rifle.

The Flood are cack in Halo 2, as well. They don't feel half as satisfying to kill as they did in Halo, but again, that probably boils down to the weapons. It was awesome to pick off distant parasites with the pistol, then when they bunched together, you'd get out the Assault Rifle and spray bullets at them pausing momentarily to smack the crap out of the ones that lunged at you. That felt so cool.

Another thing about Halo 2 that annoyed me is that you can't melee with one weapon without dropping the other one. What's that all about?

Oh, and Halo actually has an ending worthy of its gameplay.

Only just escaping the planet before it explodes? Yes, please! Halo 2 ends just as it's getting good. Of course, it means Halo 3 is going to be awesome, but Halo 2 was disappointing.

I still think it's a damn fine game, and that level with the tank on the bridge? Pure class.

• Like 1

All are good in their own ways: PS2 has millions and billions of games, Xbox has amazing online play and GameCube has some great gaming franchises.

Jesus, it's like comparing which DVD player is the best.

Best console this generation? I've got a GameCube and PS2, there have been some top-notch titles on both, but the GC is still my favourite.

Metroid Prime, The Wind Waker, Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario are all highlights.

I have to go for Xbox on this one, purely based on longevity of the games. I'm still playing Halo 2 thanks to Xbox Live, and splicing the Campaign mode in between :)

..I'm going to have to go for the GameCube.

It's had more action than any of my consoles, and the upcoming 2 games (GUN, TP) look awesome.

Although, the upcoming DS lineup looks FANTASTIC.

Look ma, capital letters.