NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
daftada

Game & Wario (June 28th)

A new entry in the Warioware series by the looks of it...

Footage found on the e3.nintendo.com site. Shows off a skiiing game, and a shooting mini-game. I really hope Nintendo give us the chance to make our own micro-games again. The GamePad is just perfect for this, and Iwata-San mentioned sharing player-created content in the Nintendo Direct video the other night...

Edited by Retro_Link

They don't look like Micro Games though, that was the whole charm of the WarioWare games.

Edit: Guess it's not really a WarioWare title.

Edited by Ike

Sounds like a Wario Ware style game, but with full games (ALA Pyoro) rather than Microgames.

The name alone makes me happy :D So cute and so Warioish :)

2.jpg?cache=93.84375766519946

That's all I need to know. Jimmy T, sking in spandex. YES!

From these games...

... it doesn't look very good. :hmm:

Edited by Retro_Link

Did you watch the videos?

It's really not.

Currently this looks more like the Wii U's version of Wii Play to me than Nintendo Land does.

Did you watch the videos?

It's really not.

Currently this looks more like the Wii U's version of Wii Play to me than Nintendo Land does.

Surely this can't be all there is to it?

Surely this can't be all there is to it?

There will be a couple more minigames.

Hmm... Slightly disappointed with what's been shown so far. :hmm:

But I suppose this isn't really a WarioWare game, more like a spinoff. :blank:

For Wii U I was really hoping for a WarioWare D.I.Y style game, but with even more possibilities for game creation than the DS version.

The Wii U GamePad would be perfect for a game like that.

After seeing the Ski minigame, I was about to say that the game visually seems much nicer than the older Wario Ware games.

Then I saw the rest and I have to say:

looks cheaper than ever, only now there isn't even any level of charm in it.

Nintendo Releases New Game And Wario Video For Wii U

Nintendo Japan has just released a new video of their forthcoming Game and Wario for Wii U. The video shows off an assortment of intriguing and genuinely fun looking mini games. The game revolves around 16 fast and frantic mini games played using the Wii U GamePad. Game and Wario will be released on March 28th in Japan. The game has yet to be given a release date in North America and Europe.

Edited by Retro_Link

16 mini games!!?

I know they've never said as much, but this really isn't the next Wario Ware, more like a Wii Party title or something. Shouldn't have the Wario name to it tbh. Seems a bit like false advertising.

Should still be fun though, but another 'collection' game. And one that seems to be taking an age o come out for what it is.

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmm... :hmm:

Now as most peeps on N-E will know, I'm a huge WarioWare fan, but from what I've seen so far of this... it's not looking too good. :blank:

I'm sure this game will be fun, but WarioWare: Snapped was also fun, and yet that game was an abomination. :shakehead

Good content, just nowhere near enough of it!

So yeah, I'll be keeping a close eye on Game & Wario. But my expectations are now pretty low. :sad:

Hopefully Nintendo wise up and develop WarioWare: D.I.Y. 2.

D.I.Y. was the perfect evolution of the WarioWare franchise, and it would work so well on the Wii U.

;)

Hmm... :hmm:

Now as most peeps on N-E will know, I'm a huge WarioWare fan, but from what I've seen so far of this... it's not looking too good. :blank:

Feel completely the same, I look at this I'm just like "meh".

I suppose it's not technically a WarioWare, more of a spin off (and isn't WarioWare a spin off, so that would make this a spin off of a spin off?)

(and isn't WarioWare a spin off, so that would make this a spin off of a spin off?)

Bear with me, now:

Super Mario Bros --> Super Mario Land 1&2

Super Mario Land --> Wario Land

Wario Land --> Warioware

Warioware --> Game&Wario

It's a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off!

Me, I'm not complaining. Wario is a great character, I'm just glad he's still being used.

The WarioWare games have never appealled to me personally and whilst this looks to be a slightly different take on things, it's not doing any better at grabbing my attention. It looks to be exhibiting a greater depth of gameplay than the games that seemingly inspired it but it still all looks a bit "me too" in terms of its ideas. The shooting game looks a lot like Takamura's Castle in NL, then you have the matching game with the worst character designs in the history of anything, Pictionary which whilst good would be better as a cheap standalone downloadable title from the eShop and then that Harmonix style competative rhythm action game. Whoop-de-do.

And whilst I do tend to value quality of implementation over new ideas (a game doesn't have to have new ideas to be good if it does the same ideas better than anyone else before but a good idea that is executed poorly is still a bad game), I'm not seeing anything to wow me in that regard. It all looks so safe and a bit boring.

The WarioWare games have never appealled to me personally and whilst this looks to be a slightly different take on things, it's not doing any better at grabbing my attention. It looks to be exhibiting a greater depth of gameplay than the games that seemingly inspired it but it still all looks a bit "me too" in terms of its ideas. The shooting game looks a lot like Takamura's Castle in NL, then you have the matching game with the worst character designs in the history of anything, Pictionary which whilst good would be better as a cheap standalone downloadable title from the eShop and then that Harmonix style competative rhythm action game. Whoop-de-do.

And whilst I do tend to value quality of implementation over new ideas (a game doesn't have to have new ideas to be good if it does the same ideas better than anyone else before but a good idea that is executed poorly is still a bad game), I'm not seeing anything to wow me in that regard. It all looks so safe and a bit boring.

I couldn't agree more. I don't mind mini-game collections if they're done right, but I hate the style of the Wario Ware games! They just look cheap and nasty to me. This is doing little to change that

It's certainly not what I'd call a system seller!

Sign in to follow this