NEurope

Hence why you shouldn't pawn off the game

Depends how good it might be. I don't really wanna hold off on something when it could be crap. How long exactly until this DLC is released?

Why not just keep the game, see what the DLC is like then decide. Are you that short of money that you need spare cash right this second? Most people who sell seem to just end up buying it again down the line, though granted that's more with regards to consoles rather than games.

In the defence of selling now and rebuying later - the game isn't that old you'll get a good sale price most likely(supply and demand ;)) and then later yeah the DLC might come out and be awesome/shit but you can gauge reaction and really decide whether or not you preferred to have played that DLC or had the money. Or just not care and know you had the money.

For all we know the DLC could be a separate game (ala New Luigi) anyway.

I rented this, might pick it up later when it hits £25-30. Wish I could afford it now but we're trying to save money where we can to move to another place.

Played an hour or so earlier in bed on the Gamepad. Feels so good to play like that, just wish the signal was slightly better so I could move the thing freely. Any kind of forceful movement cuts the signal off and it has to resync for a few seconds. Other times it just loses connection completely - maybe a moth flew across the room?

Why not just keep the game, see what the DLC is like then decide. Are you that short of money that you need spare cash right this second? Most people who sell seem to just end up buying it again down the line, though granted that's more with regards to consoles rather than games.

I'm not "short on cash" as such, but with the funds obtained by it I could actually get a game and play it as opposed to it sitting on my shelf waiting (for who knows how long) for some (potentially crap) DLC.

Started playing this again after not touching it for a while.

Love it, love nintendo!

Started playing this again after not touching it for a while.

Love it, love nintendo!

It's only been out for 3 weeks!?!?

TV was in use so I decided to try off-TV play with the GamePad. The controls just don't do it for me.

So...

Instead I used Wii remote & Nunchuk to play on the GamePad. It was surprisingly comfortable as I had the screen placed on a high desk, I'm not going to make this a habit but at least I know that I have another comfortable alternative.

TV was in use so I decided to try off-TV play with the GamePad. The controls just don't do it for me.

So...

Instead I used Wii remote & Nunchuk to play on the GamePad. It was surprisingly comfortable as I had the screen placed on a high desk, I'm not going to make this a habit but at least I know that I have another comfortable alternative.

I was curious about how that would work. I'm glad that somebody tried eet out.

So, you used the GamePad screen as the main screen and used the sensor bar on the TV to direct the WiiMote. Did it feel jarring at all having to point at the tv but look at another screen?

So, you used the GamePad screen as the main screen and used the sensor bar on the TV to direct the WiiMote. Did it feel jarring at all having to point at the tv but look at another screen?

Nope. I wasn't facing the Wii U's sensor bar at all.

The GamePad has its own built-in sensor bar.

Just had to come in and gas about this game. It's so amazing, and frantic and gorgeous. I'm using the wiimote and nunchaku combination, it's so precise, I feel fully in control if everything, Pikmin seem to be going where I want them, rather than being flung around the screen like some insane firework display that I was used to seeing in the GameCube days.

What I really need for some DLC is not too much to ask, but I want endless days filled with fruits and challenges and no time limit, this game feels more like Tetris to play, than any other RTS due to its frantic nature.

Edited by Eightbit

I didn't think I was that much of a fan of Pikmin, even though I finally played and enjoyed the original recently, but I'm playing Pikmin 2 on Wii at the moment and having such a joyful experience :hehe:

As I'm sure many of you are aware from some of my recent posts, it seems to be getting more difficult to feel genuine excitement about games at the moment but it feels really good when I play something and feel that special connection that is becoming so rare..

With that in mind, I'm genuinely excited to play Pikmin 3 :yay:

Just spent a good 7 hours on the game with my little ones. First propper sitting iv had on it. I think i suck though im on day 32 and am on the boss where:

Its a flying bee where you use winged pinkmin on it (see what i did thar).

I was chucking some pikmin over some water onto a ledge. I then threw one of the captains on there too.

I then accidently whistled instead of moving captains and all my rock pikmin fell into the water.

I did manage to rescue some but i panicked and kept pressing the wrong button. 30 souls unfortunately were lost.

Gutted.

It's very easy to mess up and press the wrong button by mistake I find.

The penultimate boss in the game (or what I assume is before the final battle) was horrendous, gorgeous and epic all in one.

I finished this yesterday after a play session of 3 hours and about 40 minutes. Love the game! I don't have all the fruit yet so I might go back and do more, plus I haven't tried the other two modes yet (played twice in Mission to see what it is about).

Bit sad that the game is over, but it seems that there is enough left to keep playing a bit longer. Such a lovely game though, I enjoyed it thoroughly as my first proper Wii U game!

I was chucking some pikmin over some water onto a ledge. I then threw one of the captains on there too.

I then accidently whistled instead of moving captains and all my rock pikmin fell into the water.

I did manage to rescue some but i panicked and kept pressing the wrong button. 30 souls unfortunately were lost.

Gutted.

Did that very early on in the stage where you fight the big wormy thing I think...there's a bit where you have an impasse, trunk, impasse and have to use all three captains(or just two to get the goodies on the trunk) cue throwing 70 pikmin, second captain, whistling and subsequent crying. No chance of salvation.

Totes restarted the day like a pussy.

I really wish it was possible to play this game without the GamePad. More than once have I happily been playing along with the Wiimote and Nunchuk only to be hit with the 'Lost communication with the GamePad message' because the batteries have died in it.

If anything this game has reinforced my love for the Wiimote and started to show me that the GamePad is sometimes nearly pointless.

I really wish it was possible to play this game without the GamePad. More than once have I happily been playing along with the Wiimote and Nunchuk only to be hit with the 'Lost communication with the GamePad message' because the batteries have died in it.

If anything this game has reinforced my love for the Wiimote and started to show me that the GamePad is sometimes nearly pointless.

I'd actually say that the GamePad is really useful at times. I love being able to plot routes. It makes multitasking so much easier.

The Wiimote controls are awesome, but there's definitely a place for the GamePad here. I'd love to see another Battalion Wars where you can use the Wiimote and nunchuk for fighting, but the Pad's screen for sending troops in elsewhere and plotting movements, etc.

A couple of things:

1) You can plug it in and still play you know. - If this is inconvenient due to distance contrictions. then;

2) The game pad gives you about a 15 minute warning about the battery going. From a solid red light to a flashing red light, effectively saying "Charge Me!!"

You literally have no excuse for a 'Lost communication' message due to battery failure!

I'd actually say that the GamePad is really useful at times. I love being able to plot routes. It makes multitasking so much easier.

The Wiimote controls are awesome, but there's definitely a place for the GamePad here. I'd love to see another Battalion Wars where you can use the Wiimote and nunchuk for fighting, but the Pad's screen for sending troops in elsewhere and plotting movements, etc.

But you're not multitasking. When you're plotting routes the game is paused, it could quite easily be on the TV.

A couple of things:

1) You can plug it in and still play you know. - If this is inconvenient due to distance contrictions. then;

2) The game pad gives you about a 15 minute warning about the battery going. From a solid red light to a flashing red light, effectively saying "Charge Me!!"

You literally have no excuse for a 'Lost communication' message due to battery failure!

Except I'm not using the GamePad all that much so it's wasteful. You don't leave your TV on when you're not using it...

I love this game but is there anything we'd really miss had it been on a HD Wii? Why didn't they implement touch screen controls so that the stylus could be used like how the Wiimote is? Why didn't they pull a Mario & Luigi and have some puzzles spread across the two screens? I just think that this game doesn't make good use of the Wii U's unique hardware features.