NEurope

Doesn't this game just show Nintendo has still got it?! just reminiscing, and I think all boss battles were of epic proportions - I really believe the development team were more than satisfied with what the hardware offers to deliver the sheer scale of these battles.

Still can't believe it's a Wii/Wii U title, visuals are that good.

I agree. Got this in the MK8 promo and in awe. Didn't really get into Pikmin 1 or 2 but this is just stunning. I actually love the Nintendoland-esque control setup now too. It's a brilliant game. I have a new found love for all things Pikmin. Feels good to be part of the groupies. :heh:

I agree. Got this in the MK8 promo and in awe. Didn't really get into Pikmin 1 or 2 but this is just stunning. I actually love the Nintendoland-esque control setup now too. It's a brilliant game. I have a new found love for all things Pikmin. Feels good to be part of the groupies. :heh:

Welcome, my friend, welcome.

I also got this out of the MK8 promo (actually, Eevilmurray send me a physical copy and I gave him my download code for Windwaker) and it's quite ironic that I'm getting this game so late seeing as I was Miyamoto's bitch everytime he talked about Pikmin 3.

I think I will give myself a day to properly experience a first playthrough and the another day to recover from it's beauty.

I already know I will go all out with taking screenshots in this game.

I three got it in the MK8 promo and completed it today. Loved it. I had the original but didnt ever really get into it properly, for reasons unknown - I think the spectre of the time limit put me off somehow. But this one was great. Gonna keep going and grab the fruit I missed on early levels and do the "Missions" and whatnot now. I've barely put any time in to Mario Kart because of how great this was!

Lovely hearing all your thoughts on the game. Still ridiculous being a U 'launch window' title how amazing it looks. Hopefully Pikmin 4 is on its way.

I three got it in the MK8 promo and completed it today. Loved it. I had the original but didnt ever really get into it properly, for reasons unknown - I think the spectre of the time limit put me off somehow. But this one was great. Gonna keep going and grab the fruit I missed on early levels and do the "Missions" and whatnot now. I've barely put any time in to Mario Kart because of how great this was!

The missions are great fun especially in co-op. Me and @Zechs Merquise have spent quite a bit of time going through them.

The thing is with the missions is that they appear a little overwhelming at first but when you figure out a strategy and beat the mission it's so satisfying!

The missions are great fun especially in co-op. Me and @Zechs Merquise have spent quite a bit of time going through them.

The thing is with the missions is that they appear a little overwhelming at first but when you figure out a strategy and beat the mission it's so satisfying!

I agree that the missions are excellent! I finished the main game quicker than I'd've liked, although it was great fun while it lasted. I didn't expect to spend much time on the missions, but I was hooked! Clearing each stage is tough as well & is so rewarding when you finally manage to crack it!

So when using the Gamepad only, with stylus control, how the hell do you whistle to call back idle pikmin?!

So when using the Gamepad only, with stylus control, how the hell do you whistle to call back idle pikmin?!

I hated it with stylus control. Couldn't work out anything. No idea how to whistle

I just got this as part of the Mario Kart 8 campaign.

I like it quite a bit, although throwing Pikmin using the touch screen is annoying.

I like it quite a bit, although throwing Pikmin using the touch screen is annoying.

You can switch controlstyle via the startbutton menu ;)

The game was designed around the Wiimote & Nunchuck controls and that's the way I would recommend playing.

The touch controls were something they added fairly recently as a weird experimental option and they're ok, but not as good as the original Wiimote/Chuck combo - which is simply sublime for this game :D (they're a damn sight better than the Pro Controller option though - which is just horrific :shakehead )

There's going to be a Pikmin film!

Well, a compilation of short films, produced by Shigeru Miyamoto.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/shigeru-miyamoto-to-unveil-pimkin-movie-at-tokyo-festival-1201303483/

The film is a compilation of three shorts “The Night Juicer,” in which Captain Olimar makes his favorite juice; “Treasures in a Bottle,” in which Pikmin meet a strange treasure; and “Occupational Hazards,” an adventure at a construction site.

Miyamoto has hinted that Pikmin 4 may be in development for the Wii U. In a recent interview he's quoted as saying:

“Continually launching campaigns after the release of software will lay the groundwork for the next iteration of “Pikmin” in the future. And needless to say, we want it to be one of the motivations for potential consumers to purchase Wii U. We are making a variety of different efforts.”

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/141030qa/03.html

Did anyone else pick up the shorts then? I bought them on the Wii U using my DP points and even if I hadn't used them I think these are well worth the price.

The first short is...well...short. :D It only lasts a couple of minutes and was worried the rest would be the same. This wasn't the case. The second came in at 8 minutes long and the third was 12 minutes long.

The second one had some funny moments but the star of the show was the 3rd short, Occupational Hazards. There were a quite a few moments in that short where I laughed out loud. The scenes with the poison pikmin were hilarious, as was the cameo of another Nintendo character. :wink:

Despite being silent, the pikmin themselves had a great amount of character put into them. I would love to see some more of these, or even a feature length special.

As a bonus you also get a couple of videos showing Miyamotos storyboard sketches being drawn on FlipNote.

Did anyone else pick up the shorts then? I bought them on the Wii U using my DP points and even if I hadn't used them I think these are well worth the price.

The first short is...well...short. :D It only lasts a couple of minutes and was worried the rest would be the same. This wasn't the case. The second came in at 8 minutes long and the third was 12 minutes long.

The second one had some funny moments but the star of the show was the 3rd short, Occupational Hazards. There were a quite a few moments in that short where I laughed out loud. The scenes with the poison pikmin were hilarious, as was the cameo of another Nintendo character. :wink:

Despite being silent, the pikmin themselves had a great amount of character put into them. I would love to see some more of these, or even a feature length special.

As a bonus you also get a couple of videos showing Miyamotos storyboard sketches being drawn on FlipNote.

I really want to. But I was a little peeved it isn't crossplay with the 3DS vids, and think they're a little overpriced. I'll get them at dime point, loved the trailer, and your review makes it harder to wait...

I really want to. But I was a little peeved it isn't crossplay with the 3DS vids, and think they're a little overpriced. I'll get them at dime point, loved the trailer, and your review makes it harder to wait...

Seriously, it's worth £4.00. I would have happily paid that amount just to watch the 3rd short! :D

Seriously, it's worth £4.00. I would have happily paid that amount just to watch the 3rd short! :D

SOLD! To the easily impressionable man in the corner.

SOLD! To the easily impressionable man in the corner.

Now watch as you kick off with me due to you thinking they are garbage. :D

Now watch as you kick off with me due to you thinking they are garbage. :D

Haha, the chances of me not loving them are slim to none. I love Pikmin (I'm beginning to think Pikmin 3 is my favourite game of the last few years on all platforms) and the trailer looked amazing!

I would agree with you re: Pikmin 3 but for some reason the ending left me a little cold. Not sure why, it seemed a bit anticlimactic. The boss battle itself was great, but everything after that was a little short/meh...

I would agree with you re: Pikmin 3 but for some reason the ending left me a little cold. Not sure why, it seemed a bit anticlimactic. The boss battle itself was great, but everything after that was a little short/meh...

Maybe it was just utter devastation it was over :)

I loved it, I just love the gameplay, so I could play that game for hours and hours, collecting all the fruit etc Bingo Battle and Missions are also incredible... (and yes, it would be too dreamy if they were online :( )

Did anyone else pick up the shorts then?

i picked these up too, quite enjoyable little videos