NEurope

100% getting it, can't wait. Mission mode is amazing.

Yup, it's the real "story mode" of the game as far as I'm concerned.

Miyamoto said it himself when he mentioned that Mission Mode represented "the heart and soul" of Pikmin. It was also the first part of the game they actually showed off too at E3 2012, so it was probably produced first and then the Story Mode/Bingo Battle afterwards.

I've bought all the DLC so far and the Xmas DLC will be no exception :D

Nintendo missed a trick there by not having product placement in this game like they did in Pikmin 2. That pizza is so realistic that it could easily get Pizza Hut/Dominoes/Papa Johns into a bidding war! :hehe:

Platinum'd the DLC stage after a few goes. Missed a platinum by seconds one time as I forgot to get the banana on the nearby ledge.

Might as well use my Elgato so recorded the footage.

Finished the story mode at last! That last stage was pretty tough, but also pretty cool. Took me a few retries to get it down.

Enjoyed the game a lot, it was well worth the wait. Initially when I found out your weren't playing as Olimar, I was disappointed but I ended up liking Alph and Britney a lot. Charlie not so much, but I found it funny he kept getting interup...

I liked the new Pikmin types, the Flying ones in particular with them able to fly over obstacles saved a lot of time collecting fruit/bridges/etc. Rock types where quite useful throughout and especially for the final boss.

Mission mode is where the real game is at, but I think I'll take a break for a while.

Almost thought the ending was hinting at Pikmin 4, but probably not.

zlCfzRQCSrodX36Paf.jpg

Still need to get started with mission mode. Just got too many games to play though!

Having got Pikmin 3 around Christmas time, amongst several other games, I finally got around to embracing it this week and have spent a couple of hours with it.. and it's as beautiful and awesome as I anticipated :yay:

I have been playing with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk (clearly the best way to play Pikmin :heh:) but it has raised more frustration regarding what the Wii U Gamepad really brings to the console :hmm: I certainly like the Wii U Gamepad and wish it was utilised better in games but only being able to see the map on the controller screen has been irritating so far. I have the chargin stand beside my Wii U below my TV in the living room and it isn't particularly convenient to have the Gamepad placed beside me while I play with another controller. There's no real reason why the map couldn't be brought up on the TV like previous Pikmin games as only having it on the Gamepad has made things inconvenient when I keep having to take myself away from the experience to look beside myself at a different screen, poke around for a second whilst still holding the Wii Remote and Nunchuk and then carrying on with the game :nono:

I actually had to let 9 Pikmin die yesterday because I couldn't rememebr where I had left them and the map was too hard to see from my position on the sofa. I was too angered by the setup to be bothered to get up again to find where they were hiding so I ended the day and treated the Bulborbs to a tasty evening snack..

I've never even considered using the Wii Remote & Nunchuck. I give directions on the GamePad a lot, so it would be very stop-start to use the Wii Remote.

I've never even considered using the Wii Remote & Nunchuck..

I've never considered using anything else :heh:

I've never even considered using the Wii Remote & Nunchuck. I give directions on the GamePad a lot, so it would be very stop-start to use the Wii Remote.

You could use both? I did. Issued instructions on the pad.

I don't understand why you can't have the gamepad next to you? Doesn't have to be charging. I loved using the wiimote, and loved having the map on the game pad and giving instructions to the other characters . This game is incredible. Would love actual level dlc.

I don't understand why you can't have the gamepad next to you? Doesn't have to be charging. I loved using the wiimote, and loved having the map on the game pad and giving instructions to the other characters . This game is incredible. Would love actual level dlc.

I'm not saying I can't do it, I'd just rather not have to do it :hmm:

Sorry for the bump

Re-started this as i forgot where i was with the game. Still can't get over how visually stunning the detail on the game is, using the Wiimote for the controls is certainly more interesting than the Gamepad.

Just re-united and got the Yellow Pikmin last night, had to re-assemble 2 bridges using the Rockmin, Red Pikmin and Yellow to progress.

May check out the DLC once done, anyone know how much memory they would all take up?. I've still got my WiiU Basic and i'm not planning on getting a HDD until the end of the month.

That´s cool. I regretted buying Batallion Wars because of the lack of "proper RTS controls". It it ever gets a sequel, this is the control scheme they should be using.

Just another reason for me to get this as my free game. The rest of ye still have to buy MH3U though. Remember what I said.

This kind of support for Pikmin is fantastic. I'd download this as the MK8 bonus game in a flash if I wasn't so set on having a physical copy. Rented it previously and got about halfway through. It really is a masterpiece.

Incredible game. Incredible multiplayer. Online bingo battle would mean I put hundreds of hours into this I reckon!

As for free game, I get two. Game and wario and sonic for me :)

Incredible game. Incredible multiplayer. Online bingo battle would mean I put hundreds of hours into this I reckon!

As for free game, I get two. Game and wario and sonic for me :)

Why would you do that to yourself? I know you're a Spurs fan but even still, I don't think you deserve that much punishment. Or maybe it's an extension of your poor taste and what's worse? You had 2 goes at picking good games as well and failed. This won't be like sacking AVB and Sherwood when you realise they're no good, it's a permanent decision. :p

Why would you do that to yourself? I know you're a Spurs fan but even still, I don't think you deserve that much punishment. Or maybe it's an extension of your poor taste and what's worse? You had 2 goes at picking good games as well and failed. This won't be like sacking AVB and Sherwood when you realise they're no good, it's a permanent decision. :p

Haha. Well I have every other game on the list bar those two and Winter Olympics!

I really want to download Pikmin 3 as my free game, but, ....but,... is it wrong of me not to do so because I want a physical copy of it?

I sort of, kind of, regret not having a physical copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening either.

It's really stupid, because out of all the free games, Pikmin 3 is the one I'd been waiting for for ever, but I know it will likely stay expensive whereas Nintendoland won't....hmmmmm

I really want to download Pikmin 3 as my free game, but, ....but,... is it wrong of me not to do so because I want a physical copy of it?

I sort of, kind of, regret not having a physical copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening either.

It's really stupid, because out of all the free games, Pikmin 3 is the one I'd been waiting for for ever, but I know it will likely stay expensive whereas Nintendoland won't....hmmmmm

Download it, then one day pikmin 3 will be cheap and buy it retail. Nintendoland is so cheap it'd be pointless downloading that.

The more I think of it, the more I realise I'm the same. A possible solution may be to sell your download code and try to find a retail copy of Pikmin 3 for roughly the same price. I might do that myself.

Doesn't this game just show Nintendo has still got it?! just reminiscing, and I think all boss battles were of epic proportions - I really believe the development team were more than satisfied with what the hardware offers to deliver the sheer scale of these battles.

Still can't believe it's a Wii/Wii U title, visuals are that good.