NEurope
darksnowman

NEW! Super Mario Bros. U

After watching the boost rush footage that @\-Dem0\- posted there looks to be some insane challenges in this game for seasoned players who want to push speed running to the limits!

After watching the boost rush footage that @\-Dem0\- posted there looks to be some insane challenges in this game for seasoned players who want to push speed running to the limits!

Watching that 9 min Japanese video, some of the challenges look brilliant.

I like the one that seems to be taken from Jetpack Joyride (well I assume it to be the case), where it seems you're only allowed to collect a limited amount of coins before you die... will make doing the runs quite tough!

New Super Mario Bros. U - Enter Soda Jungle, Exploring Ghost House with Yellow Baby Yoshi.

What kind of shit capture equipment do they have? NSMBwii wasnt that blurry on my TV at 480p.

New Super Mario Bros. U requires 14 MB for save data and displays in 1080i, 1080p? Probably upscaled.

OgfuZ.jpg

Edited by Wii

The exact same level music as previous NSMB games then, how f-ing lazy can they get.

A very fair sounding review. I agree that this does "just enough to reach an HD threshold", visually, while the reused music is the most disappointing aspect for me, but it's great to hear that the sheer strength of the gameplay, level design and challenge place it at the top of the pack for the series. Can't wait!!

Edit - oof, and the floodgates open!

IGN have lost all credibility. 9.1? No online co-op, reused music, reskinned graphics. Same gameplay, doesn't make any real use of the gamepad, the supposed innovation of this "next generation console". I called it over on the IGN boards that it deserved in the high 7's but would probably get 8.9. Seriously 9.1? I knew they'd never shoot down Nintendo's flagship title but seriously take off the fanboy goggles.

IGN have lost all credibility. 9.1? No online co-op, reused music, reskinned graphics. Same gameplay, doesn't make any real use of the gamepad, the supposed innovation of this "next generation console". I called it over on the IGN boards that it deserved in the high 7's but would probably get 8.9. Seriously 9.1? I knew they'd never shoot down Nintendo's flagship title but seriously take off the fanboy goggles.

It seems you need to take the goggles off. I've noticed a recurring bit of bias against the Wii U and games on it. Reused music I'll give you, everything else. No.

Online Co-Op for games which cannot extrapolate (Fighters/Platformers etc) are incredibly difficult due to latency. Better to not have it

I'm kind of getting fed up this attitude, not just from you Wii, but in general from gamers in relation to review scores. How can you say it deserves high sevens when you haven't even played it?

Why do games have to be judged to a tick list of features, and not just on how good the game is and how much the reviewer likes it?

Yes, you want to know what it contains, but surely the main thing is how much the reviewer likes it? Reviews are SUBJECTIVE, not just a list of features.

When you read a movie review, you don't see them giving it extra marks for having CGI over films that don't have CGI? You don't see them giving it a higher score if it has a particular actor in it, even if that particular actor is no good in it/doesn't suit the film. My point is, you don't have to have every possible feature for something to be GOOD!

9.1 is a bit higher than the rest, but not a lot higher. Which shows that the consensus is that NSMBU is a game worth playing.

@mr\-paul I'm going by all the videos and previews I've read.

Edited by Wii

@Wii your opinion on these boards lacks credibility. Hating because you just want to hate.

@mr\-paul I'm going by all the videos and previews I've read.

Off-TV play. That's innovative. Editing levels for the Coin Mode. That's level editing.

Thank you, come again.