NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

I paid for my pre-order, it made more sense for me to apply that credit to another launch title I wanted. I've now paid for Lego Marvel.

I'll order WD again close to its release, whenever that may be.

Good idea, most of my PS4 pre-order is paid for already. Watch Dogs was the last i had to pay for, so in a way it's saved me money for launch.

June 30th - New possible release date?

That's what's listed on the Sony Entertainment network store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/watch-dogs/cid=UP0001-NPUB31254_00-WATCHDOGSFULLGAM

It could be a placeholder, but we'll see. To be honest, I can see it releasing around that time, as they'll get a chance to rebuild the hype at E3, before unleashing it to the masses.

And it's in a perfect slot as well, especially with the traditional gaming droughts of the Summer. Could be the Summer for Ubisoft.

Release date update!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/watch-dogs-release-date-and-new-trailer-could-drop-today-rumour/

It appears GAME tweeted a May 27th release date, before promptly taking it down. Apparently the date has been confirmed by GAME, after being questioned by the site.

Ubisoft are also teasing a huge announcement for 18:00 CET.

Can't wait!! It may be released slightly earlier than originally anticipated too, niiice! :grin::yay:

EDIT: CET is Central European Time, isn't it? If so, then it'll all go down at 17:00 for us in the UK.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

The date is true, trailer was put up on the 360 dash by mistake. YES.

Release date update!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/watch-dogs-release-date-and-new-trailer-could-drop-today-rumour/

It appears GAME tweeted a May 27th release date, before promptly taking it down. Apparently the date has been confirmed by GAME, after being questioned by the site.

Ubisoft are also teasing a huge announcement for 18:00 CET.

Can't wait!! It may be released slightly earlier than originally anticipated too, niiice! :grin::yay:

EDIT: CET is Central European Time, isn't it? If so, then it'll all go down at 17:00 for us in the UK.

If that date is true then I can see why the Wii U version was put back as getting the game out 3 days before MK8 would make no sense at all.

If that date is true then I can see why the Wii U version was put back as getting the game out 3 days before MK8 would make no sense at all.

I think it'd make excellent sense to keep this released on Wii U alongside the others - a.) stops other console competition winning out due to delay b.)not everyone might want to buy/play mario kart but they might want this(me personally am not getting MK atm, this I would however) c.)well, i havent got a c but maybe folks'll go wii u crazy and get both after their impatience of the drought? bit of watchdogs between your mariokarting, yes?

I think it'd make excellent sense to keep this released on Wii U alongside the others - a.) stops other console competition winning out due to delay b.)not everyone might want to buy/play mario kart but they might want this(me personally am not getting MK atm, this I would however) c.)well, i havent got a c but maybe folks'll go wii u crazy and get both after their impatience of the drought? bit of watchdogs between your mariokarting, yes?

I think so as well but looking at how third party games have sold previously I can understand why ubisoft would be very reluctant to release the game so close to MK8.

As for the trailer if this is the graphics on next gen I dread to think how it will look and run on the 360/PS3/Wii U.

The graphics look disappointing.

Finally, a release date. It's going to be a busy weekend with both Mario Kart and this out.

Confirmation of the downgrade.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5474064/watch-dogs-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-release-date

"So it's the same storyline," he said. "It's done by the same team, so it's not a separate team in another continent that was (making one of the versions). So, same storyline, same gameplay, all the same mechanics, innovations. All the same missions, if you want, the same world.

"Obviously what's different, is that we're scaling the dynamism and the detail of the city and the gameplay. So it's stuff like the amount of civilians in the street, the amount of cars in the street, the detail in the animation, or how sophisticated some reactions are to some of your actions. So some of those things are scaled down. Obviously the graphics, but that one's obvious."

Guay said he's very happy with what the team has been able to do on the PS3 and Xbox 360, especially in the past six months.

"There were some of our features where it was a challenge to be sure that we had feature parity, especially some of the things that we're doing online," he said. "But at the end of the day we're able to hit that on all the core animations that we're doing in Watch Dogs."

In terms of PlayStation 4 versus Xbox One versions of the game, Guay says they're so similar that he sometimes has to check the controller or the UI to figure out which platform is running the game.

"It pretty much looks alike," he said. "You know, I get fooled. You can't really tell just from the image."

And the PC version scales based on the sort of computer you're running it on, though the team made the decision "not too scale down too much," Guay said.

"I mean you can always say we support a 10-year-old PC and then it's barely playable, but that's ugly," he said. "It's not really what people want to play. We didn't do that. We didn't go there. We said, ‘OK, we advertise that at the recommended setting it's going to be a good experience. It's going to look good, it's not going to look like a 10-year-old game.' So we're not going to support very old PCs. If you have very powerful PCs, then it'll scale up, and it scale up to even higher resolution, obviously, than you can have on PS4 or Xbox One. So you can have, in theory, a version that will look spectacular if you have that big screen, that high resolution capability. The game looks great on PC."

One of the reasons that's true is because development on Watch Dogs actually started for the PC first.

"When we started developing, the PS3 existed, the Xbox 360 existed, and we kind of suspected, maybe, there might be other platforms eventually," he said. "So, because we thought that would happen we chose the PC as our first target to have when we started developing Watch Dogs so that we have the flexibility to adapt to a different platform. So we were able to support 360 and PS3, but we could scale up with other platforms and to other video in the meantime, which we now know is the case. So PC has always been around for us. Sometimes it's a last-minute port of sorts. For us, it's been around since we started."

Development shifted to the next-gen consoles once the PS4 and Xbox One were announced, and then in the last eight months or so a dedicated team returned to the PC to hammer out the final details of that platform's version of the game, he said.

"So we end up having the best of both worlds basically," he said. "We're able to have good usability on PC and on console."

Everytime they show something new the game looks worse. Seems to me the last gen versions have made the PS4/XB1/PC worse.

They are talking about the 360/PS3 versions when talking about the downgrade. You think they'd come out and confirm the next gen and PC version have been downgraded?

They are talking about the 360/PS3 versions when talking about the downgrade. You think they'd come out and confirm the next gen and PC version have been downgraded?

Watch the latest footage which has been confirmed as PS4. The graphics have taken a major hit from what was initially shown.

Watch the latest footage which has been confirmed as PS4. The graphics have taken a major hit from what was initially shown.

Of course they have, anyone who believed that footage running on a beast PC would be done on any console was stupid. The games visuals are no different to what was shown last year running on PS4. There is actual new gameplay going around and it still looks as good as it did last year.

They are defo talking about the last gen consoles when talking about the downgraded elements in that article.

Anyway Ubisoft are the kings of bullshit videos. They did it with FC3 and ACIV at last years E3, just compare that level from the release of ACIV to the one they showed running on PS4 at E3, the difference is huge. The Division threads will be a fun read when that game gets closer to release.

Of course they have, anyone who believed that footage running on a beast PC would be done on any console was stupid. The games visuals are no different to what was shown last year running on PS4. There is actual new gameplay going around and it still looks as good as it did last year.

They are defo talking about the last gen consoles when talking about the downgraded elements in that article.

Anyway Ubisoft are the kings of bullshit videos. They did it with FC3 and ACIV at last years E3, just compare that level from the release of ACIV to the one they showed running on PS4 at E3, the difference is huge. The Division threads will be a fun read when that game gets closer to release.

Its not just a downgrade its the fact that this was supposed to be a showcase for next gen and the more you see of it the more that isnt going to be the case.

What happened to the lighting and in daylight the game looks pretty bad.

Ubisoft have done a great job in trying to kill a new IP before the game is even out.

If a GTA V next gen remake is released and looks better than this then that will just be humiliating.

The game doesn't look bad during the day.

mszsww.gif

iAHxbvGbhY0Mz.gif

aoinlg.gif

unmccn.gif

There is a lot of hyperbole right now especially on gaf. People taking gifs and screens of the worst possible moments and using them to bitch.

Ubisoft should release a video similar to the ones you got for RDR. Pure gameplay and different times of the day to show off the games features.

faclvx.gif

I think it looks pretty good for a cross generation game tbh.

I think it looks pretty good for a cross generation game tbh.

This is the thing it was always going to be limited by this. To be honest yes it's disappointing but considering it's perhaps troubled development and its cross gen status its not at all surprising.

Having said that look at this car model comparison:

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

This is the thing it was always going to be limited by this. To be honest yes it's disappointing but considering it's perhaps troubled development and its cross gen status its not at all surprising.

Having said that look at this car model comparison:

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

The exact same model just moments before.

faclvx.gif

The lighting just goes really fucking weird when it gets to the bridge part.

The exact same model just moments before.

faclvx.gif

The lighting just goes really fucking weird when it gets to the bridge part.

So fucking weird that it makes look like a ps2 era car!!!

The first video that's made think it looks like a lot of fun. I'll definitely pick this up.