NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Yup. Here's the cheapest listed buy it now.

Ok, cheers brah. Can any other Watch Dogs brahs give their input? The concept of it still seems pretty cool to me, but if it is unpolished and quite messy, I'll probably just wait for it to be reduced or skip it entirely/wait for the inevitable sequel.

You got Infamous @Fierce_LiNk?

Not yet, it's one for the list. I'm looking for something that's quite expansive and has a big scope to it as it'll be my summer game. InFamous will probably be something I get a bit later in the year that I can play for a couple of hours a night/on weekends. I want something that I can be glued to during a period of time where I can afford to do so. I was hoping Watch Dogs would be that game. A bit annoyed that it isn't as polished as it could be.

Very eager to hear something that may convince me to go for it. If not, looks like Assassin's Creed will be it. If anything, to shut @Sheikah up, ahaaa. :heh:

Haven't played enough to say anything about Watch Dog, but I think you should go for AC anyway. ACIV was so good I can't imagine Watch Dog matching it.

Its the first game in years i pulled an all nighter on to finish it. Cant recommend it enough, just try and get all the collectables before you finish the game to keep things fresh!

Its the first game in years i pulled an all nighter on to finish it. Cant recommend it enough, just try and get all the collectables before you finish the game to keep things fresh!

Is this Asses of Creed or Doge Watch?

I'm nearing the end of this now and have enjoyed it for the most part. High point, gang hideouts, really good fun and loads of ways to approach them. Online, interesting concept, hacking, tailing and being invaded by another hacker all get pretty intense. Low point, driving mechanics (no drive and shoot?), not a patch on GTA V's driving.

It's not bad in my eyes but not the game it could of been. From the game we first saw to the game we ended up with I think this may of suffered by being cross gen and they ended up unable to fully realise the game they wanted to make.

Edited by Map

I'm nearing the end of this now and have enjoyed it for the most part. High point, gang hideouts, really good fun and loads of ways to approach them. Online, interesting concept, hacking, tailing and being invaded by another hacker all get pretty intense. Low point, driving mechanics (no drive and shoot?), not a patch on GTA V's driving.

It's not bad in my eyes but not the game it could of been. From the game we first saw to the game we ended up with I think this may of suffered by being cross gen and they ended up unable to fully realise the game they wanted to make.

As someone who is new to these open world/sandbox games, would this be a decent entry point for me. I'm tempted to go ahead and get both, although...money. Is it worth putting down 35 quid on it or should I just look at AssCreed instead?

Watch dogs :)

Worth the money? The only retail PS4 game I've got so far is Tomb Raider which fucking ruuuuuled. I'm looking for something to sink my teeth into. Is this as glitchy as people say it is? How polished is it? In terms of graphics, coming from a Wii/Wii U to this, will it wow me?

When it rains and is stormy it's a fucking beautiful looking game.

But it's dull as fuck to play, if you ask me.

Thinking back on it AC4 was such an amazing game. Absolutely gorgeous too.

As someone who is new to these open world/sandbox games, would this be a decent entry point for me. I'm tempted to go ahead and get both, although...money. Is it worth putting down 35 quid on it or should I just look at AssCreed

I'm picking up Assassins Creed once I wrap up Watchdogs, I think it's pretty cheap now and have only heard good things. Why not go for the cheaper Ass Creed and by the time you finish it if you still have an itch to play Watchdogs It should of had a price drop.

Plus the Destiny beta is only a couple of weeks away if you plan on taking part.

As someone who is new to these open world/sandbox games, would this be a decent entry point for me. I'm tempted to go ahead and get both, although...money. Is it worth putting down 35 quid on it or should I just look at AssCreed instead?

Worth the money? The only retail PS4 game I've got so far is Tomb Raider which fucking ruuuuuled. I'm looking for something to sink my teeth into. Is this as glitchy as people say it is? How polished is it? In terms of graphics, coming from a Wii/Wii U to this, will it wow me?

I wasn't a massive fan of Tomb Raider if im honest. I found watch dogs immersive and addictive. I played because i felt for the characters and wanted to see how it played out. I didn't get many glitches, the only one i had was getting a car stuck when i tried to drive it out the showroom lol. I thought the side quests were great and really added to the real world feel of it, the streets seemed alive and it felt as real as any game iv played. Walking along and having some guy steal a ladies purse, then chasing him down and beating his ass :)

Graphically, didn't think it was anything too special, except the storms as people have already said.

Well I finished Watch_dogs last night, the campaign anyways.

Have to say given how much negativity and stick I gave it in previous posts. It does pick up. About half way through Act 2 things changed.

Found act 2 picked up when the missions involved breaking into Iraq's secret facility room. Enjoyed the end battle with him too.

I really enjoyed Act3, going to Pawnee, Really loved the setting and environment. And the missions were a blast, especially breaking into Blume. Loved that.

Act 4 slowed down a little bit, and got a bit back to the emotional side of the campaign. still enjoyed it though. Clara :(

All in all, guess I was too quick to judge this game, after grinding through Act1 and a few missions of Act 2 the game changed for the better (for me anyways)

Now i'll go back to try clear up the other things to do.

bit off topic, but seen a few of you discuss Assassins Creed. I've just bought 1, 2 and 3 for PS3 in order to get a feel for the story in preparation of buying AC4.

Liking the game a lot so far.

Been trying of few levels of the drinking game. I love trophies, but I'm simply not going to spend time on that. I know I won't succeed at mini-games like that anyway, so no point in trying :p I'll get every other trophy though.

bit off topic, but seen a few of you discuss Assassins Creed. I've just bought 1, 2 and 3 for PS3 in order to get a feel for the story in preparation of buying AC4.

That's good, ACIV is awesome, but they are all great games. Have fun.

After thinking on this, I was still very stuck about which game to go for.

So I did what any respectable gamer should do and ordered both, so I can make up my own mind. :yay:

One of my lovely children gave me a £15 Amazon voucher, so that paid for Watch Dogs. The PS4 version only cost me £24 in the end. :)

I also bought Assassin's Creed (PS4) preowned for £19.99.

So, both games have only cost me around £44. Can't say that I mind that too much. Just hope that I enjoy both.

The Last of Us is also pre-ordered, as is the next Fifa when that hits in September. Games, games, gaaaames.

The Last of Us is also pre-ordered, as is the next Fifa when that hits in September. Games, games, gaaaames.

I'm really looking forward to reading what you think about The Last of Us. :yay:

Soon, my friend. Soon..........

Liking the game a lot so far.

Been trying of few levels of the drinking game. I love trophies, but I'm simply not going to spend time on that. I know I won't succeed at mini-games like that anyway, so no point in trying :p I'll get every other trophy though.

My nephew has been trying to get this achievement on the One. He says it's a right bitch. What makes it so hard? Is it random or something?

Got this a few days ago, played this almost literally all day yesterday. Barely touched the main campaign, haven´t finished act 1 even. Have been playing online mostly..

Anyway, I´m really liking the game, although I wasn´t feeling it right at the start. I think it was part not being used to open world games (I did´t realise at first, but this is actually my first proper sandbox game, I never properly played a GTA), part still learning the controls, part the controls not being optimal, and part not being good at 3rd person shooting. Oh and part being a game that doesn´t cater much to my play style (non-lethal sneak). It´s possible, but not really optimised.. Oh, and part me not having a controller. At first I was thinking controls were just shit, but then I learned every option I wanted was actually there. But it´s stil not as fluid as Deus ex for example, which is a shame because it would make things easier. Sneak controls are contextual, so I can´t properly re-map the keys, not if I want to have the climb button stay where it is. Maybe after playing some more I´ll find the perfect mapping.

Anyway, I love walking through Chicago, the city is wonderfully built. The civilians are great too, although I wish they recorded even more lines, because some I hear way too often. Every other civilian´s house was broken into, etc. Hearing "Run Forest, run!" when I was running away made me smile though. I like most of the side missions, but I´m not really in to those fixer missions. But the QR missions for example are fun.

multiplayer

Since I´ve been playing it all day yesterday, you can conclude I love multiplayer. I´m not particularly great at it though. But I´ve been playing the tailing and hacking almost exclusively. Have not tried the racing, and played only a little decryption. Decryption is fun, but I can´t see it hold my attention for long. Especially if I can be hacking or tailing other people. I´m not good at hacking (or being hacked), but I seem to be better at tailing (or being tailed). Do the players here have any tips? When I first started out, I copied things I´ve seen from being invaded, but these appeared to be beginner´s strategies that only work against new players.. Hiding in cars does not work (in general). Also, at first I thought it was good if you invaded a person with police on his tail, but I´ve learned it´s quite the opposite. Players with police on their tail are not afraid to blow stuff up. Hiding behind police cars is not a good idea.

My tips from what I´ve seen so far (some are obvious, but still):

- strive always to to hide at a place which has multiple levels. An elevation difference works wonders, and this is actually an in-game tip. But I´ve seen that most of the time, where I was sucesfully hacked, or I succesfully hacked someone else, it was because of this.

- If no multiple levels are available in the area, look for objects taller than you, but not too wide. You can simply walk around those to stay out of the line of sight. A small truck can work.

- Can be considered unsporting, but I don´t want new players to get better :p. When hacking, I always leave my hiding spot at 99 %, so it doesn´t show where I am actually hiding ;).

- I forgot all about those cameras when playing online, but they´re actually incredibly useful when tailing somebody. I successfully tailed someone who was holed up in some high building, which would be a pain if there were no cameras available, but there were, and I didn´t even have to leave my hiding spot.

- Although it pains me as a non-lethal player who doesn´t bother civilians, the more mayhem, the better (more hiding opportunities or distractions). So hack anything in sight.

- Some people just drive away when being invaded. Incredibly annoying. If you still want to pursuit them, move in the other direction, after a 1000 m difference, you get the option to fast travel to near your target. You can also quit the mission without any penalties, to discourage them from doing this in the future.

Last thing I´ll mention: I was incredibly disappointed with the lack of a dedicated house genre in your music player, but it seems there actually is one, so those tracks must be incredibly rare or something. Annoying, because although I always want house music, in Chicago you have to have house music.

It's here, as is Assassin's Creed IV. I've not touched AC yet. Started playing this around 1 yesterday, had a small break for a shower and food and went right back onto this afterwards. Spent houuuuurs playing it.

So far, I really, really like it. Glad I went for it in the end. Graphically, the game looks best when it's raining, as others have been stating. I'm loving all of the little bits of dialogue from the randomers on the street, as well as listening to people's conversations, etc. :D

Also, I haven't really seen this mentioned anywhere, but the water looks great in this game. I look for any opportunity I can to get into the water, usually when I'm being chased by cops. Had a hilarious moment earlier where they were after me and I drove my car to the edge of the road. I was fairly high up, but I was certain that there was water on the other side as I jumped off. So, I did it. Drove my car at full speed, jumped out, then jumped again to get over the wall and...splaaaat, crash landed on a walkway on the otherside. Killed instantly, almost took out a pedestrian with me. Was hilarious. Thought I'd made it. :p

The chases in this game are pretty epic.

I've been enjoying it a lot too. And funnily enough just a few seconds ago I was swimming and thought the water looked really good.

At the moment I'm mostly doing side-quests. I really want to solve the serial killer investigation but bloody hell are those hard to find. I've got 4 out of the 7 so far.

I've been enjoying it a lot too. And funnily enough just a few seconds ago I was swimming and thought the water looked really good.

At the moment I'm mostly doing side-quests. I really want to solve the serial killer investigation but bloody hell are those hard to find. I've got 4 out of the 7 so far.

What do you think of the driving in the game? I've heard a lot of different people in different places moan about it, but it seems alright to me. I'm shit at it, but I blame myself and not the mechanics.

Don't think I've done any story stuff today and been playing for around 3 hours. It's just such a time sucker...

I think the driving is great. Handbrake turn a lot. I think they've tried to make it feel like chase scenes in films look and I think they've nailed that.

I think the driving is great. Handbrake turn a lot. I think they've tried to make it feel like chase scenes in films look and I think they've nailed that.

That's what I do, I use the handbrake a lot. I didn't use it for the first hour or so and really struggle to turn through tight corners. Can't really see what the criticism is about with that one and there's a noticeable difference between the heavy vehicles and sports cars, for example. I love the driving. It's pretty hard though to escape the police, I find. But, I kinda like that. Makes it very dramatic.