NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Kind of hating this. I don't understand how these random street missions work. It asks you to set a way point, you get there and then...what? I got to one but the dude lulled out a gun and shot the victim in no time at all. There was another one with another potential victim. I shoot the guy this time, nothing happens except someone calls the police on me.

Honestly, have no idea.

Kind of hating this. I don't understand how these random street missions work. It asks you to set a way point, you get there and then...what? I got to one but the dude lulled out a gun and shot the victim in no time at all. There was another one with another potential victim. I shoot the guy this time, nothing happens except someone calls the police on me.

Honestly, have no idea.

You have to make sure you are profiling the people around you so you can find either the victim or the criminal. It'll then give you a percentage bar to keep track off, once that's in the red that's when you intervene by either killing or running after them and taking them to the ground.

You have to be careful though as the criminal can spot you and get spooked so use cover to try and get close enough to react quickly enough.

I'll give that a try. Thanks. Just a bit frustrating but I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it once I get used to it.

I'm the complete opposite, I absolutely love this game. Haven't got any of the glitches you've mentioned and I really liked the story missions. Also turning off invasions takes half the fun out of the game. I just love how alive the city feels. If you stand still you can see people sneezing, going down to tie their shoes, talk about their lives or ctOS, spit on the ground, get robbed. Everyone reacts when you're running with a gun, when they notice you're the vigilante, when you're chasing after someone, when you're driving maniacally. Might even buy it on the ps4 in the future to get a chance to see it in better quality and be able to do the decryption multiplayer.

oops, didn't notice there was another page.

I'm enjoying it much more now. Thanks @bryanee

Love the digital trips. Absolutely LOVE trying to escape the cops. It feels really dynamic, like a real next-gen gameplay experience (which it looks like they nailed without necessarily needing next-gen hardware).

Gang hideouts are the most amazing thing ever. It's incredibly fun scanning the area with cameras, planning your moves and then disable one enemy after another.

But what makes it special is: It is dynamic - like police chases as @Daft pointed out. So whenever you fuck up, you have to change your plan immediately and there are so many ways to do that. : peace:

I have a couple of hideouts ahead of me :yay:

Done some online tailings (got the trophy :) ) and a couple more hackings (need 4 more for the trophy). Soooo freaking intense. :awesome:

I still haven't started Act 2. The side missions/collectibles/online activities distract me too often. :)

Also...

WATCH_DOGS_20140609101640.jpg

Burn the witch!

Edit: Just completed the hunt for the 100 Hotspots. Thought it would be tedious (it's 100!!! freaking collectibles), but the city is so lively and dynamic that I spent 2 hours straight going after them. And by god, it was fun. I intervened in crimes, did a couple of Gang Hideouts, got invaded 5 times...awesome. :)

Ubisoft achieved something great. And I hope they can improve on the formula and bring forth an even better sequel.

Edited by drahkon

Sorry for the doublepost, but this game is just so amazing I enjoy talking/posting about it.

Got some trophies today (crimes, competing in 5 different activities; e.g. drinking game) and done a couple of story missions.

And...

WATCH_DOGS_20140613174551.jpg

It must be magic.

I've fallen in love with ShareFactory. I think I'll record every FIFA 14 match my mate and I play in the future.

I'm getting this when I get back from Spain. Really looking forward to it.

LOL at that video. ^ ^

Drahkon, you getting Fifa 15? We'll have to organise a few games when I get it.

Drahkon, you getting Fifa 15? We'll have to organise a few games when I get it.

Of course I will, and of course we'll have to : peace: I'll beat your ass. And then I'll defeat you in FIFA.

Come on, peeps.

Where is the love for this game? :p I don't want to be the only one posting here :(

My progression wheel shows a whooping 62.8% ! And I still haven't finished Act 2 :blank: Sooooo much to do.

Got all the online trophies (Decryption doesn't net you trophy, but I will try it out soon!), ctOS breaches, 9 out of 10 weapons trades, 15 out of 17 QR codes, 5 out of 8 burner phones, all Gang Hideouts, 10 out of 18 criminal convoys....maaan tooooo much :D

The difference between this game and others with lots of go here, go there quests/missions is that each and everyone is actually fun! I love hacking peoples houses and seeing what they are doing! Anyone else do the one with the gun and the prostitute yet?!

I´m getting this for my birthday. Is the DLC worth it? What should I get? I´m getting the standard version probably, so I won´t have any of the bonus missions.

Still loving this game, playing it every chance I get. Got nearly 100% on everything except for check ins. Got all the perks for online too with over 12,500 notoriety.

Was able to beat this guy in multiplayer who was apparently 17th in the world.

Finished it this morning, put it on late last night for an hour. Haha checked the time and it was light outside, really has a nack of sucking you in. I will play around with the multiplayer now and see if i fancy doing the full hundred percent.

Not surprising, I caved. Lasted two months. Already ordered and I'm picking it up in a couple of hours :D . The missing online modes don't bother me and I'm sure the game looks good anyway.:)

Finished the story mode two days ago. Ending was crap :blank: Story wasn't that good either.

I enjoyed it, tough. A lot!

Not much left to do for the platinum, but I doubt I'll get it anytime soon. Half of the fixer contracts, a couple of convoys, song sneak and worst of all: The fucking drinking game :shakehead

Maybe when I need another Watch Dogs fix :)

This game needs a spiritual successor.

Something akin to the movie Drive. A lot of gameplay elements fit perfectly (car chases, stealth - especially at night/in the dark).

Ditch hacking, make this a neo-noir setting with an interesting protagonist and improve the driving mechanics. : peace:

I'm looking at the deal on GraingerGames' website and think I'll go for it. 35 quid brand new for the PS4 version. Would you say it's worth it anyone if I'm quite new to sandbox style games. Haven't played any GTA since...the first ever one. Didn't own a PS2 or PS3.

No, jeez. It looks and sounds like a bag of shit. Pre-order GTA V.

Edit: I'm mostly just echoing Daft's/dwarf's recent sentiments in the PS4 thread, that it's really broken/overhyped. And then there was that video with all the awful glitches/environmental reactions (trains that instantly halt when you step in front of them, etc). Honestly it doesn't seem like this would be the perfect first foray into the sandbox game.

Edited by Shorty

Definitely going to +1 the GTA V remaster. Guaranteed great game vs one that sounds pretty average.

GTAV is aaaaages away though, isn't it? I could get Wolfenstein for 28 quid, I hear that's good.

You could also get AC4 which is simply awesome, and rather open world too. ;)

You could also get AC4 which is simply awesome, and rather open world too. ;)

Alright, I'm going for that. Second hand 25 quid worth it, yes? If it turns out to be ass, I'm comin' for you.

Alright, I'm going for that. Second hand 25 quid worth it, yes? If it turns out to be ass, I'm comin' for you.

Yup. Here's the cheapest listed buy it now.