NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Great, probably won't be able to play the online modes. "Unable to connect to public sessions. Please check your NAT type."

Did some troubleshooting (official from Ubisoft). Still getting the error. :indeed:

Sometimes I hate Ubisoft

Great, probably won't be able to play the online modes. "Unable to connect to public sessions. Please check your NAT type."

Did some troubleshooting (official from Ubisoft). Still getting the error. :indeed:

Sometimes I hate Ubisoft

I don't get that issue anymore since using the wired ethernet ports over wi-fi.

I've been using Ethernet as well and I think that's a ps3 issue. The ps3 is absolutely crap for me, regularly disconnects from psn, says the nat won't work, etc. I just pull out the Ethernet cable and put it back in and it seems to fix it for a while.

It was a problem at Ubisoft's end. A lot of people were having the issue, seems to be resolved now.

Snatched the "Complete 10 online races" trophy. Was fun, but racing isn't Watch Dogs' strong point.

Did 2 Online Tailings. It's as awesome as Hacking. So fucking intense and nerve wrecking. : peace:

Still haven't finished act 1. :D I'm at 22.7% completion and loved every bit of it.

online tailings don't notify the person that you're invading them unless they're doing specific activities that give it away, like missions or trying to join an online match. Funny to think that any NPC could be someone.

Ahh... been looking forward to seeing this... :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-ps3-vs-ps4

Considering that this is the big "next gen" game of the year, the one that was designed to showcase the raw power of the next gen consoles, I'm surprised at how well the PS3 version holds up in comparison.

Yeah, the lighting model is simplified on the PS3 compared to the PS4, yeah the screen tearing is pretty bad, but the framerate is not terrible (it never seems to drop below 20 at worst - usually hovering around 26-30) and most of the effects are there. The resolution also isn't bad on PS3 compared to its contemporaries (1152x648 - not that far below 720p really)

The article is scathing, but I don't see why. I was expecting much worse! (and don't forget that the gap between the 360 and the Xbone will be much smaller too!)

Not that I'm interested in the game itself, but for it being the big next gen showcase, I was expecting a much larger gap in visuals/performance. Am I the only one who is impressed by the PS3 version here?

I can barely tell the difference with cross gen titles this time round. Everyone mentions how much better ACIV looks on PS4, but I saw both versions (with Xbox 360) running side by side and, yes I could see a little difference, but nothing that was a massive gulf in quality.

Now here I can see a difference without having to strain my eyes.

Had my first online hacker earlier, they didn't exactly hide very well. By hide, i mean stand out in the road. A simple run them over and i won. Did one or two myself as well, won one and lost the other.

I can barely tell the difference with cross gen titles this time round. Everyone mentions how much better ACIV looks on PS4, but I saw both versions (with Xbox 360) running side by side and, yes I could see a little difference, but nothing that was a massive gulf in quality.

Now here I can see a difference without having to strain my eyes.

AC wasn't really made to push the limits of the new hardware, given how many systems it was put on (and how early in the system's life it was released). Saying that, the PS4 version was 1080p (the X1 was only 900p) vs last gen 720p, so you'd have a much easier time seeing how gorgeous the game was if you saw that version instead.

Found out today, after buying the game that Watch Dogs for last gen systems doesn't have online free roam and decryption multiplayer. Pissed off...

This game is just so joyless, charmless and humourless. I feel like I've been staring into space after playing it for any length of time. There isn't a single character that I don't hugely despise.

Found out today, after buying the game that Watch Dogs for last gen systems doesn't have online free roam and decryption multiplayer. Pissed off...

9ak93.jpg

Can't quite make my mind up about this yet after plugging a few hours into it.

Playing it on the 360 (as that's all I have currently) and while I haven't played GTA 5 so can't make a direct comparison, I've seen plenty of videos of people playing to know that this doesn't come close to matching that in many aspects visually which is rather strange (though not quite as strange as every tree blowing in the wind violently. Just looks odd). Maybe that's as a result of being cross generational or, more likely, a result of the troubled development. Still, even on the 360, it does look very nice at night when it's been raining and there are little touches, like Aiden's jacket fluttering in the wind when on a bike, that make it look decent but certainly doesn't come close to GTA 5 from what I've seen (and even Sleeping Dogs I'd say).

Gameplay wise, it seems to be a mixed bag. I do like managing to hack a ctOS base and connecting to an entire region without even touching a single guard or having the option to go in stealth with the silenced pistol (which is proving to be my favourite weapon so far) as well as the gang hideouts.

Haven't touched much of the story so far but as others have said, characters aren't particularly engaging thus far. Maybe that'll change but probably won't. Really not liking the Criminal Convoys or some of the Fixer Contracts, particular stealing a car and then having to hide from the police, with that ridiculous system they've put in place, before turning it in. For one FC, it took so many retries because every time I got clear, the yellow ctOS blobs would appear right on top of me on the map and I'd be right back trying to lose them again and then the drop off point kept changing each time I shook the police. WTF!

So yeah, I'll keep plugging away but I'm neither here nor there with it. Some bits I like, some which I don't. But by and large, it hasn't engaged me as much as I thought it would, or as much as I wanted. Perhaps through playing more of the story, getting to know the characters and the city, that'll change.

I'm still in the belief this game should have been XOne/PS4/WiiU/PC only.

Did some more online mode yesterday, managed to get 2 succesful "hacks" on players. One of them, i hid in an already stationary car in the area they were in. Watching them run around trying to find me is quite funny to see. Also did another 2 missions, i love scaring the enemy with my various "hacks"

Quick question, with the online hacking/tracking. Anyone else notice that you can get tracked/hacked from people whom hide in places where if you hid, couldn't get a track on someone. But somehow they can, and if you drive off then the track remains on, download continues. But if they drive off, it stops.

I'm still in the belief this game should have been XOne/PS4/WiiU/PC only.

Did some more online mode yesterday, managed to get 2 succesful "hacks" on players. One of them, i hid in an already stationary car in the area they were in. Watching them run around trying to find me is quite funny to see. Also did another 2 missions, i love scaring the enemy with my various "hacks"

Quick question, with the online hacking/tracking. Anyone else notice that you can get tracked/hacked from people whom hide in places where if you hid, couldn't get a track on someone. But somehow they can, and if you drive off then the track remains on, download continues. But if they drive off, it stops.

what are you trying to say in that last paragraph? The download stops if the person hacking goes out of zone, but not if the one being hacked does it. It would be ridiculous and unfair if it didn't work that way.

What you guys feel the graphics in watch dog cause i little disappointed with graphics cause nobody put comparison with the GTA 4 :indeed:

What you guys feel the graphics in watch dog cause i little disappointed with graphics cause nobody put comparison with the GTA 4 :indeed:

I little disappointed with you grammar. I not little disappointed with the graphics cos I compared with this:

adventure.gif

Seriously though it's a very pretty game.

what are you trying to say in that last paragraph? The download stops if the person hacking goes out of zone, but not if the one being hacked does it. It would be ridiculous and unfair if it didn't work that way.

Well, lets say for example i'm hacking someone online. I'm within the "zone" as it were where they are, i've locked on but the person hides behind a building outside the zone and the download stops. Whereas if i were to be the "hacked" person, if i leave the zone the download continues.

Of course it continues if the hacked person leaves the zone, or else they could just run away, pause the download and never lose. And if course it stops if the hackers leaves, or else they could run away and always win. I don't know what you'd expect.

I finished it yesterday and I loved it. My fave game of the year so far.

I don't know why but I'm finding this game incredibly dull and boring.

I've only finished Act1, so I can't give it too much of a hard time as I'm guessing the missions in Act2 must pick up a bit? (Do they)

But so far Act1 has been pretty crappy.

The police chases are really meh, I don't enjoy the losing the police, or losing gang members parts of this game even with the hacking mechanism to change the lights, or lift barriers etc.

I've hacked all of the cTos towers and again, I really didn't enjoy them, they weren't fun or challenging really.

The cTos Breaches where you have to hack one thing, then have 4 minutes to hack 4 more I cannot stand. I've done 3 so far and just hated every one of them, I've lost all enthusiasm to continue with them.

The QR codes I've done 2, and I guess I'm just not searching properly but other ones after that I've yet to find the camera anywhere near the QR area to line them up properly the scan it. I again lost interest in doing these.

I've yet to try any of the street games so perhaps here thing will be more fun? Who knows.

I've disabled the online part as it's incredibly frustrating when you are on course to go do a mission, or fancy trying going to one of the privacy invasion things and get some douche in your city hacking you, Really disliked it so switched that off.

Actually I have enjoyed the privacy invasion parts, they are rather hilarious some times, one of the saving graces of the game.

Graphically... I don't quite get all the praise for it, reading on NeoGaf and people are genuinely stunned with the way it looks on PS4 / Xbone. Okay it's not terrible by any means, but it's not mind blowing either, the draw distance isn't great, and again I'm not really seeing much of a difference graphically between it and GTAV.

Also it's pretty damn buggy...

10418290_10154256046685451_3361989397429376215_n.jpg

10348525_10154256046295451_8233498241960113420_n.jpg

All in all so far, don't quite get the hype. Again perhaps too early for me to be so negative as I've only finished Act1, but the side missions, and collectibles etc are just so frustrating and boring. Or at least for me.

I've tried every night since picking it up to play it for more than an hour, but I can't do it. I guess it doesn't help having Mario Kart 8 right next to me to.

Not a patch on Infamous: Second Son (Yes I know they are rather different games in terms of story and abilities to the character)