NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Most criticisms are about it being buggy.

Nothing some patches can't fix : peace:

Will pick up my copy tomorrow and then I'll have a nice 4 day weekend ahead of me. :awesome:

Mines sitting at home on the table. How i know this, my Dad signed for it earlier. It's going to be a long afternoon in work.

Reading the reviews has me deciding to waiting until it hits the bargain bin. AI seems to really poor and haven’t really read anything that screams ‘must buy’.

Nothing some patches can't fix : peace:

The problem with that is that there shouldn't be any bugs in a brand new game. They should be fixed before launch without the need for a bug.

The problem with that is that there shouldn't be any bugs in a brand new game. They should be fixed before launch without the need for a bug.

Well, that's the ideal. I'd be mesmerised if a game ever actually achieved such.

Well, that's the ideal. I'd be mesmerised if a game ever actually achieved such.

Up until 10 years ago games only had 1 chance to get it right because there was no such thing as DLC or patches for consoles.

It's only the last few years where the quality of newly launched games has gone dramatically downhill. EA in particularly are bad for this.

As I've said before when that argument has been raised, a lot of games back then had problems that needed to be patched...but alas, couldn't be. It's rare either now or in the past that a game has a bug that totally wrecks the game, rather other annoying issues that at least now can be patched.

You've also got to factor that games now are far more complex than they ever were. Games like Skyrim can go wrong in a seemingly infinite number of ways. They would literally never be able to release that game if they were to release it bug free, testing it using their own limited number of staff/testers as opposed to the public.

Reading the reviews has me deciding to waiting until it hits the bargain bin. AI seems to really poor and haven’t really read anything that screams ‘must buy’.

There's nothing poor about the AI. For a game of this type its perfectly fine.

Apart from the specious problems people have brought up about dynamic lighting and other marginal shit, how are people finding the experience of playing the game?

I'm lobbing it, its easily my current fave game of the year. The NPC's really help to make the world feel alive. the random shit you see is great.

With Assassin's Creed Black Flag AND Rayman Legends still sitting unopened I cannot justify getting this may as well wait till it's bargain bucket!

With Assassin's Creed Black Flag AND Rayman Legends still sitting unopened I cannot justify getting this may as well wait till it's bargain bucket!

Spoiler: Black Flag is a much, much better game.

I for one am enjoying this. Spent a good hour before doing the next mission just driving around and learning what the people of Chicago are hiding from the world.

Agreed, and to be fair Ubisoft games seem to fall into the bargain bin quicker than most, it'll be £20/£25 before long.

Runs better than expected on my rig. Intel i5 4670, Radeon R9 270X OC'd and 8G of RAM.

Getting mostly 60fps on high settings with drops to around 45fps whilst driving. A little screen tearing without vsync. I could enable vsync and perhaps squeeze some more IQ from Ultra settings. Although 30fps looks dreadful on my monitor for some reason, but I understand how people would prefer the consistency.

I've played it for a good ten hours and I can't figure out why it's an open world game.

I've played it for a good ten hours and I can't figure out why it's an open world game.

I've played it for longer and I'm glad it is open world. I've done barely any of the story, I've just been exploring and taking on side quests. I love doing gang hideouts.

Its quickly becoming my favourite open world game of the last two or three years.

Online Hacking is freaking amazing. My heart races whenever I'm in the process of hacking.

The only hacking I've 'won' so far was awesome. I approached with a Taxi, tailed him a bit and then I turned around the corner, exited the car and began intruding his smartphone.

The progression bar fills soooo slowly :D The guy searched and as the area became smaller and smaller my heart beat faster and faster. I managed to hide behind a larger stone pillar and when he got close I simply stayed out of his sight.

Fucking intense.

They should make a full game out of this mode. It's that good.

I've played it for longer and I'm glad it is open world. I've done barely any of the story, I've just been exploring and taking on side quests. I love doing gang hideouts.

Its quickly becoming my favourite open world game of the last two or three years.

I've only done 1 story mission myself, i've been driving around exploring and hacking various people.

Done some side-stuff, and been on that zombie rampage side-quest via the season pass. That's addictive.

Not played much of this, but I'm really enjoying it so far! It's not perfect by any means, but still a solid experience, and really enjoyable.

Online Hacking is freaking amazing. My heart races whenever I'm in the process of hacking.

The only hacking I've 'won' so far was awesome. I approached with a Taxi, tailed him a bit and then I turned around the corner, exited the car and began intruding his smartphone.

The progression bar fills soooo slowly :D The guy searched and as the area became smaller and smaller my heart beat faster and faster. I managed to hide behind a larger stone pillar and when he got close I simply stayed out of his sight.

Fucking intense.

They should make a full game out of this mode. It's that good.

I had my first experience with this just. Someone started a hack on me, but I kept my cool, and made sure to survey my surroundings carefully. Suddenly, I noticed an 'npc' in the crowd moving oddly. A quick check with my Profiler app confirmed he was my target, so I rushed over to him, and swiftly KOed him with my nightstick. A very satisfying moment. :grin:

I couldn't agree more though, it's absolutely intense, and winning is extremely satisfying. When I first heard about this, I thought it'd be nothing more but a Dark Souls rip-off, but I'm glad I was proven wrong. I'll definitely be doing plenty of these!

I've only done 1 story mission myself, i've been driving around exploring and hacking various people.

Done some side-stuff, and been on that zombie rampage side-quest via the season pass. That's addictive.

I haven't done much of the story either, probably only on the third mission now. There's just so much to do, and it's very easy to get distracted!

I've seen pics of the zombie rampage mission, it looks quite fun. Season pass only though? I was wondering how to get to it. Looks like I need to buy one next time I get paid.

I haven't done much of the story either, probably only on the third mission now. There's just so much to do, and it's very easy to get distracted!

I've seen pics of the zombie rampage mission, it looks quite fun. Season pass only though? I was wondering how to get to it. Looks like I need to buy one next time I get paid.

It's a week exclusive early access before it's available for everyone else whom didn't get the pass, probably have to pay for it still. Will be cheaper to get the pass still.

And i've found 1 of the billboards

10431304_536139986495093_2302970330205168751_o.jpg

One of the billboards I hacked said:

One does not simply hack a billboard

Ohhh the memes :D

Have been invaded for the first time just now. The hacker chose a poor hiding spot (a rail station above a junction). It was too easy :p

There's so much to do in this game. I wanted to do a story mission but on my way to it I got distracted quite often. Criminal activities, intrusions, QR codes, my first gang hideout.

As a lot of people have said: The game isn't perfect, but it's still great and most importantly: Fun! : peace:

Thinking about getting the season pass. Is there any information on how much it will contain?

Absolutely in love with this game. The online modes are great, the world feels so alive and the hacking gameplay is really fun. So satisfying to get away by hacking an train.