NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

If everyone who knew and cared about the resolution and framerate cancelled, the stores would barely notice.

A fair point admittedly, but it's still not addressing the point about why publishers are allowed to get away with this.

Mine's locked in, pre-ordered it at the same time i bought my headset.

I do agree with comments, this should not have been "watered down" for the next-gen. Maybe have developed both versions separate at 2 different Ubisoft studios, one doing the now-current gen version making it look great. The other making the 360/PS3 versions.

I do agree with that. If they had separate teams devoted to different generations of hardware, then we wouldn't have had this issue in the first place. Still, this all seems somewhat trivial to me.

I honestly can't tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps.

For the most part, same here. However, when I do notice, (and this is not an excuse for Watch Dogs) I feel that 60fps is too much. I don't know if it's just me, but games running in 60fps look too smooth and it feels a bit unrealistic, whereas 30fps looks a lot more convincing.

Actually, here's a great comparison website: http://30vs60.com/

Edited by CoolFunkMan

I find that there's a difference if they're side-by-side, but show me one and I can't tell.

I find that there's a difference if they're side-by-side, but show me one and I can't tell.

Side-by-side is definitely more obvious, but I can still tell even without it (most the time.) I heard a good point the other day actually. Someone pointed out that it's extremely noticeable if the frame rate fluctuates between 30-60fps. As long as the frame rate in Watch Dogs is locked, which I'm sure it will be, then all will be fine.

Well, my PS4 copy of the DedSec Edition is being processed by Game. Alhough for some reason they're charging me £110, when it's listed as £90 on their site. Wtf?! O.o

Well, my PS4 copy of the DedSec Edition is being processed by Game. Alhough for some reason they're charging me £110, when it's listed as £90 on their site. Wtf?! O.o

Get in touch.

Get in touch.

I indeed have done, there's definitely a mistake there. On the bright side, I should at least get the game on time!

I've just checked mine, it's still reading as £90 being charged.

Ok, so I just checked my bank statement, and they appear to have charged me £90, as it should be. Looks like it was just a mistake with the e-mail they sent. Panic averted.

Bring on next Tuesday!! :grin:

Had an email through, they've dispatched my order today. Probably arrive either Saturday (if the mailman is nice) or Tuesday. Not sure if Ubisoft are doing a Rockstar with this and not releasing the orders until Sunday/Monday.

Just not feeling it. Graphics dont look that good and just looks like a poor GTA clone.

The city looks dead.

My copy was sent out 4 hours ago. Doubt it'll turn up tomorrow though. Monday for sure.

My copy was sent out 4 hours ago. Doubt it'll turn up tomorrow though. Monday for sure.

Is not a Bank Holiday up there in Scotland?

Is not a Bank Holiday up there in Scotland?

...Fuck, well Tuesday it is then.

Awwww yeah

CbFiFq6.jpg

Taken some images using the PS4's share function and then slapped em on a usb and uploaded to minus. Compressed to hell and back. Games looks great in motion.

i9DVBHFz40KiI.jpg

ibyHs3P52PjfZ2.jpg

izhfYTFzxAxbr.jpg

ib1uS3BRA1uZ8j.jpg

ibnE3p8szfuLQ5.jpg

iygQwQffKjf8F.jpg

i9RLoOgT8USRa.jpg

imVHqG3UTZWJE.jpg

inGum0RJBpxVy.jpg

i6mltUcp2L0Gs.jpg

ih59WIazYIcw4.jpg

i3jd2Fzgf3wRd.jpg

iFJJsQhpQVzyO.jpg

iIFPegwC7O8pY.jpg

iue90Vr6SIkHP.jpg

iFhs44kRjM3O5.jpg

isGoe8eMq8Rhr.jpg

iyulW75jKX5m8.jpg

ibsOXRyVJwDJSa.jpg

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not that far into it really, I've just been dicking about profiling people and stopping random crimes and causing mayhem with the hacking. I was being chased by cops so I hacked the bollards and the sent a cop car flying. Pissed myself laughing.

The combat is good, the game is better when you take a more tactical approach to combat and missions. Using stealth and hacking together is a lot of fun and the was the game feels like it should be played. Thankfully though for the more trigger happy you can just do the old kills everything. Cars are also good but obviously as with most open world game it really depends on the car and the persons preference to this typeof stuff. I have no issue with the driving.

Visually the game is great and at times beautiful, especially at night and with some bad weather. Like Far Cry you can collect material to craft bombs etc There is also a good sized skill tree for you to unlock new hacking moves amongst other stuff like driving/combat perks.

And its not at all like Assassins Creed.

Edited by bryanee
Automerged Doublepost

Those images look great, man. How does it compare with that original video where the game got revealed? What about the mechanics of the game, the animations, etc? Does it "feel" like a PS4/next gen game or is it a PS3-esque title but prettier?

Although I shouldn´t spend the money.. I´m strongly considering just getting this on launch (or soon after). This is one of the games I was most looking forward to for a long time.

I was contemplating waiting until I got the PS4 so I could get a more optimal experience but that won't happen for a few months and I can't wait so I'm getting it as soon as possible.

Very interested in the game, but I didn't know/did know but forgot that's it released for the old generation as well. Kinda wish I didn't know though :p Will be hard to wait until I buy a PS4. Safe bet that I cave and buy it for PS3 instead.

Had the confirmation through earlier, should have my copy tomorrow.

Watching some gameplay vids and opinions has got me interested. Still waiting to see some reviews though.

I'm disappointed that Ubisoft couldnt of done more with the better hardware they have at there disposal.

Looking at a comparison vid between GTA IV and Watch Dogs I gotta say Ubisoft got owned. Dynamic shadows and car damage shouldnt look more impressive on a title released years ago.

Bought this off cdkeys.com for £25.99 last night and it's installing now. Soups excited.