NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Can't help but think that companion app is yet another example of how redundant the Wii U pad is.

Can't help but think that companion app is yet another example of how redundant the Wii U pad is.

Is it a separate app? That's the only slightly annoying thing about some of these...Microsoft (and Sony?) offer that wrapper to put your app in via Smartglass rather than a stand alone app I don't want a whole ton of companion apps on my phone. Dead Rising 3 worked fantastically through smartglass.

It probably is.

The reason they use seperate apps is because the apps usually provide content outside of when you're just playing so they need to be independent of the official apps.

I don't really have a problem. It's easy to download an app before a game arrives and it's just like downloading a patch.

When you're done with the game you can just uninstall it anyway. Or just bunch together these sorts of apps in a folder.

I cant say shit about this game.

Edited by bryanee

Wise choice, the Dogs have probably tapped your computer.

Why do I even post?

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-next-...tion-dynamism/

The game also looks great on both generations of consoles. On new-gen systems the game will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles. While some new-gen games now offer native 1080p, Morin says it’s much more important to deliver an amazing next-gen experience than it is to push a few more pixels onto a screen. “Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number. All those numbers are valid aspects of making games,” he says. “But you make choices about the experience you want to deliver. In our case, dynamism is everything. Exploration and expression are everything. You want to have a steady framerate, but you want to have dynamism at the core of the experience. The same goes with resolution. People tend to look at corridor shooters, for example, where there’s a corridor and all the effects are on and it’s unbelievable, and they forget that if you apply those same global effects to an open city with people around and potential car crashes and guys in multiplayer showing up without warning, the same effect is applied to a lot of dynamic elements that are happening in every frame. So it becomes magnified in cost.”

This game continues to be a mess. That downgrade. The gift that just keeps on giving.

ZdkIoQf.png

Oh dear Sony.:shakehead

WTF is with this 792p resolution for XB1? Fcuk that BS.

Ahhhh, typical video game industry bullshit. Publishers lie their tits off about the performance and features of a game and come soon before launch, once all the preorders are in, admit you lied without really admit to lying.

But of course, there's no agency the chases up this kind of bullshit and even if they did, the swift change before launch and any sales are officially processed would work around our current false advertising guidelines if they were every applied to the industry.

Will there ever be a day where companies show what the game is genuinely looking like on each platform at that point of time, and try their hardest to up the performance so we sit back and think "Wow, you can see the work being put into this". But nah, it gets delayed for half a year and some how performs worse than stated, good going Ubisoft.

The game engine sounds like a total joke. Does it run well on anything? The PC requirements are out of this world and its running at 900p on a PS4. What were they doing all this time? Its pathetic none of the gaming media have any spine to call Ubisoft out on this.

The game engine sounds like a total joke. Does it run well on anything? The PC requirements are out of this world and its running at 900p on a PS4. What were they doing all this time? Its pathetic none of the gaming media have any spine to call Ubisoft out on this.

Most journalists have most likely agreed to very nice packets of cash to completely lick every microscopic piece of dirt off the ass of the game, reviews due soon after all.

I think Ubisoft could come to regret making the game for 6 platforms. Should of just went with PC, XB1 and PS4.

But of course, there's no agency the chases up this kind of bullshit and even if they did, the swift change before launch and any sales are officially processed would work around our current false advertising guidelines if they were every applied to the industry.

If you're not happy at the resolution a game runs at you're more than welcome to cancel your pre-order for it. There's nothing to say you have to go through with the order.

@Charlie, there's something to be said for transparency though, and there is a degree of backhandedness to presenting your game one way and then equivocating for why it isn't the way you'd said it was going to be, a few weeks before launch, where for most people, just the inertia of having preordered it will be enough to keep them from reconsidering.

It's interesting to see your side of the argument sometimes because you often tend to advocate for the side of the businesses rather than the consumer, and I understand that PR wants to show no weaknesses, especially for a game that reportedly cost $500 million to make, but it's still fucking annoying.

I must be the only person whom still seems excited for this game.

I'm excited. I wasn't convinced last year but the more I see of it the more fun it actually looks. Just looks like it's pretty slick to play.

@Charlie, there's something to be said for transparency though, and there is a degree of backhandedness to presenting your game one way and then equivocating for why it isn't the way you'd said it was going to be, a few weeks before launch, where for most people, just the inertia of having preordered it will be enough to keep them from reconsidering.

It's interesting to see your side of the argument sometimes because you often tend to advocate for the side of the businesses rather than the consumer, and I understand that PR wants to show no weaknesses, especially for a game that reportedly cost $500 million to make, but it's still fucking annoying.

I don't think it's right that they say one thing then change it at the last minute to another thing but at the end of the day how much of a difference is it going to make? I've said this before and I'll say it again, everyone here and other gaming forums are the minority, we know about and read into games and the industry in general. Your average Joe won't care what resolution the game runs at as long as it looks good and is fun to play.

You're probably right there, a lot of the time it is devils advocate and I want to let people know why the business are doing what they do, why things get changed. Remember the whole debacle about Microsoft at E3 last year and all the 'u-turns'? Microsoft got ridiculued for making the announcements they made and then when they changed under pressure from consumers they got ridiculed again because they made u-turns.

Some of those calls last year were a bad idea but others were actually very good and would have helped progress the industry but because of the small percentage of consumers 'in the know' didn't like everything we're back to square one.

I must be the only person whom still seems excited for this game.

I'm still excited too, still got my DedSec Edition pre-order locked in for PS4, can't wait!

In a way, I can understand why so many people are pissed at Ubisoft. They did promise an incredible looking game, only to tone it down dramatically, and not tell anyone till the last minute.

However, I don't think it looks THAT bad, it still looks pretty decent. At the end of the day, aren't games about the gameplay? If the gameplay is anything like what's already been demonstrated, I'm sure it'll be great.

Still looks good to me. Looks like there's a lot to do outside of missions, the multiplayer looks like it could be interesting (although may get a little annoying but at least you can turn that off, right?) and whatever the story is it still looks interesting enough to hold my attention anyway.

Do wish I had a PS4 or gaming PC as I'm a little worried at how the 360 version is going to run (as that's what I'll be picking it up for as it's all I have currently) never mind how the game looks there. Presuming that frame rate will be the same, 30FPS, but I suspect it may be a little more variable than that and not necessarily locked at that. Want to be wrong there but we'll see.

I'm still excited too, still got my DedSec Edition pre-order locked in for PS4, can't wait!

In a way, I can understand why so many people are pissed at Ubisoft. They did promise an incredible looking game, only to tone it down dramatically, and not tell anyone till the last minute.

However, I don't think it looks THAT bad, it still looks pretty decent. At the end of the day, aren't games about the gameplay? If the gameplay is anything like what's already been demonstrated, I'm sure it'll be great.

Mine's locked in, pre-ordered it at the same time i bought my headset.

I do agree with comments, this should not have been "watered down" for the next-gen. Maybe have developed both versions separate at 2 different Ubisoft studios, one doing the now-current gen version making it look great. The other making the 360/PS3 versions.

Edited by Jimbob

If you're not happy at the resolution a game runs at you're more than welcome to cancel your pre-order for it. There's nothing to say you have to go through with the order.

And then this screws up gaming retailers who at this point in time, if enough people cancelled their preorders, would have more stock than needed. Plus, if I recall, most non-independent game retailers do not offer refunds on preorders, though this might have changed.

The game itself seems fine, but if I had preordered it on say, a PS4, and was told I would have a full HD experience at 60fps and they slyly remove mention of that, I'd be pretty pissed. If it had knocked down to 720p, I wouldn't be too fussed as that seems to be the industry standard lie, but 60 fps? Man, I bet that shifted focus from getting it for cheaper on an older platform to getting it on a next generation platform pretty quickly.

Ahh, probably my most hated aspect of the industry.

And then this screws up gaming retailers who at this point in time, if enough people cancelled their preorders, would have more stock than needed. Plus, if I recall, most non-independent game retailers do not offer refunds on preorders, though this might have changed.

If everyone who knew and cared about the resolution and framerate cancelled, the stores would barely notice.

I honestly can't tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps.