NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs

Wasn't the E3 demo of Battlefield 3 playing on a PC and it still came out fine on the other consoles? I didn't see any sort of graphic overhaul that is completely out of the reach of the PS3.

Oh it'll come out fine, I very much doubt people believe otherwise except in the graphics department.

Though the hinted drop in drop out aspect of the game has me cautious regarding the belief it will come out on current gen systems. Battlefield had to cut down some of its multiplayer features for consoles due to performance issues, but we have no idea on what sort of numbers they're aiming for with Watch Dogs.

First interview

•The city itself will be used as a weapon - tap into any computers or infrastructure. Or the ''darkest secrets of the people living in Chicago.''

• The demo shown was just one example of what the players can do to achieve their objective.

• Aiden Pierce isn't good or bad, but neutral.

• The example given is that by causing collateral damage with civilians getting killed, giving a bad image towards the player.

- The other way in killing the person that was shown in the trailer could have been by tracking the guy down in the parking lot, and take him down there.

- This gives the player the choice in how he approaches his missions

• ''Online is in the DNA of Watch Dogs''

- The motto - ''Everything is connected, and connection is power''

• Two people were playing during the demo, one was playing as Aiden Pierce, and another person was playing as another character, which had his own objectives, and ''crossed paths''. Basically, both players had their own objectives and crossed paths.

• Their wanting to blend in multiplayer, online and singleplayer, in ways that haven't been done before.

• Their game was inspired by other games, such as Assassins Creed, in reference to open world. Day to day news from Chicago was also an inspiration.

• Powers will grow as the game progresses, and you get more and more powerful as you progress.

• Left questions raised as to whether Aiden Pierce is the only person in the world of Watch Dog that has the powers that Aiden himself has.

• New IP, with three ingredients involved,

- Talented team

- Time, with it being developed for two years, but definitely not being shipped this year, so a lot more time is available.

- Awesome technology such as a new engine to give the designers new tools to allow new things and a lot of detail.

• City is based on Chicago - heavily inspired by Chicago. Very similar.

• Poor districts or more wealthy districts will influence how you play and approach missions.

• You choose what to do with the information you gather on the civilians around the city, so not all civilians have ''dark secrets'', but those that do, you'll be given the option to act on it, for side-missions.

- These ''dark secrets'' may include prior criminal convictions, etc.

- The city and the media will have an impact on how you take action.

• Definitely not being shipped this year.

• Will support ''multiple platforms''

It wasn't actually PS4 footage, but it was running on an estimation of its capabilities on PC hardware. Still, it looks spectacular.

It will be interesting to see how different the PS3/360, Wii U and PS4/720 versions will look.

Graphically I thought it didn't look as good as the other games shown.

The nature of sandbox games, they can look good but no where near as impressive as more restricted titles.

I do like how they mentioned that the next gen version won't be just improved graphics, but more NPCs, more cars, better AI and stuff like that.

Too early to say for me.

Most likely PS4, but possibly Wii U given how it looks in comparison and any difference in features.

Edited by Retro_Link

PSFWAAAAR, definitely. Why would I get the PS3 one?

Also, watched the gameplay footage again and I take back my graphics comment.

Not sure what version to get... might end up being Wii U if they do something interesting with it... otherwise it'll be xbox or playstation. I'm not sure if I'll get a ps4 or the new xbox... the only thing putting me off the playstation at the moment in the controller.

Apparently in the 720 version of Watch Dogs you can hack into and disable your Kinect hardware so that you don't have to use it during the game, or ever again.

"Holiday 2013" is that Christmas?

Also coming on next-gen consoles... so they'll probably be out by then?

Its a cross generation title. I would temper my expectations for games like this one.

Looks sweet! I'm undecided on next gen consoles, though this might make me get a 720! Or maybe just upgrade the balls out of my PC.