NEurope

I also like real words in game titles

Last time I checked, "Zombie" is just the preferred English spelling of an Haitian word, "Zombi" (though there was never an "official" version). Not to mention, the term really is "Zombi" in a few other languages, so it's not a "made up" word (not more than "Zombie", anyway).

Ragging on foreign loanwords/neologisms having slightly different spellings than usual is a bit petty, really, especially when it's pronounced exactly the same way. And at least they're not using "Zumbi", like the Brazillians.

The scariest 'game' I've ever played was Slender.

Seriously, if you haven't played it, look it up.

I've never actually completed it, and every playthough ends with me pressing the ESC-button in order for the game to dissapear.

It's one of the creepiest experiences around.

Released on June 26, that's recent. Free, huh..? I might give it a whirl after I'm done with Amnesia.

Released on June 26, that's recent. Free, huh..? I might give it a whirl after I'm done with Amnesia.

Watch out now.

You should've seen my friend during his first playthrough.

He nearly threw his Apple mouse + Keyboard up in the air before teleporting to his bed behind his pillow in half a millisecond :laughing:

Last time I checked, "Zombie" is just the preferred English spelling of an Haitian word, "Zombi" (though there was never an "official" version). Not to mention, the term really is "Zombi" in a few other languages, so it's not a "made up" word (not more than "Zombie", anyway).

Ragging on foreign loanwords/neologisms having slightly different spellings than usual is a bit petty, really, especially when it's pronounced exactly the same way. And at least they're not using "Zumbi", like the Brazillians.

What's wrong with using Zumbi?

What's wrong with using Zumbi?

The "u" turns it into a different pronunciation, which sounds awkward. That's it, really, I was just using something else as a comparison point.

The "u" turns it into a different pronunciation, which sounds awkward. That's it, really, I was just using something else as a comparison point.

I would disagree that it sounds awkward.

I like what I see. Better resolution, better lighting and more detail.

But it looks like the zombies respawned in this build. I thought they stayed dead when you respawned.

Edited by DiemetriX

The technical difference is quite negligible.

I would disagree that it sounds awkward.

Fair enough. Just mentioned it for being even more different from the English word, really.

I like what I see. Better resolution, better lighting and more detail.

But it looks like the zombies respawned in this build. I thought they stayed dead when you respawned.

Where did you see/spot a respawn?

Of the new vids I only saw the two posted here and both ended when the character died and didn't show a 2nd run with a new character?

Some more fake-ass screenshots ;)

376504_185102274954274_218664934_n.jpg

602650_185102238287611_964236198_n.jpg

pic3l.jpg

Think these are sourced from the official Facebook page. I'm not a Facefooker but anyone who is could ask them if they're blagg lol.

Just took a look at that, when she becomes a new character the "first" zombie she then encounters does seem similar to the one she killed first as the previous character.

But if you slow down and skip between each there is a difference...mainly from what I see as the first char the "1st" zombie has black shoulders on his shirt, as the 2nd char the "1st" zombie has an all white shirt. I think actually the "1st" zombie seen as the 2nd char you see at 3mins 2second just before she dies as teh 1st character (and she didn't kill it as the first character) so it could have just walked to that area between the players "respawns"

And then the 2nd Zombie which appears on fire, as her first character it is wearing red (like the uniform of those gaurds with the big hats that don't move) and as her 2nd character the zombie that is on fire is a policeman, which again can be seen attacking her first character just before he dies.

So could be that they don't respawn dead zombies but can place other zombies the player didn't kill into positions of "dead" zombies or it just happened that those two from her first character walked over and created a similar situation for her 2nd character as they did her first

But then when she gets to kill her first character zombie with her new character there are a few police zombies seen, so I could just be thinking too hard about it :heh:

So could be that they don't respawn dead zombies but can place other zombies the player didn't kill into positions of "dead" zombies or it just happened that those two from her first character walked over and created a similar situation for her 2nd character as they did her first

But then when she gets to kill her first character zombie with her new character there are a few police zombies seen, so I could just be thinking too hard about it :heh:

That make sence. It's probably to much to ask that the game simulates the movement of living zombies when you die, and putting them in "cinematic" places probably makes for an overall better experience. But all in all I realy hope we get a feeling of persistence and not respawning zombies.

update: I just watched it again and you also see ammo respawning. The zombies are in the same positions. "I am disappoint"

Some more fake-ass screenshots ;)

Think these are sourced from the official Facebook page. I'm not a Facefooker but anyone who is could ask them if they're blagg lol.

Does not look beyond ps3/360.

I think this is ingame shoots.

Edited by DiemetriX
Automerged Doublepost

I think Ubisoft has a special way of saying "We have a new franchise ready at launch exclusively for a NINTENDO system.'

Not really ragging, just, as you say, a preference.

Still, like WiiU itself ZombiU sounds awkward. Honestly, I'll be sick of the letter U in 5 years time.

The footage looks good but the voice over at the end is terrible. "They can smell normal people coming. Be quiet else they will find you. But that doesn't make them deaf or blind" Doesn't make any sense.

Really good trailer!

Looks like a good ammount of weapons/accessories, with Smoke canisters, Crossbow with scope etc...

The last video makes the touch screen controls looks a little awkward when the player had to reach across with his right hand to press it, given that his left hand was busy running away.

This game has so much potential, hope they nail it, but for some reason I'm so doubtful. I don't know if it was the video, but the graphics looked so much worse! I did blow it up on a 21" monitor though!

I thought both voice overs were pretty bad, they really need to get proper directors to work on games. They also stole the Starship Troopers line "The only good one (bug) is a dead one (bug)!"

I'm going to go on a media blackout of this. I don't want to see too much of it/know too much before playing it.

Is it wrong that I still expect something to be fundamentally wrong with the game?