NEurope

I don't get the negativity surrounding this game; I think it looks incredible. The 'retrieve the bag' thing seems a little unnecessary (I quite liked the idea of an endless game, but that's just my opinion), and I sit with @dazzybee on the torch - this is a HD console, and should have HD effects. Are either a dealbreaker, no. Its got the scares, what sounds like some great controls and inventive use of the GamePad - whats not to like about it?

I do hate the name though - why not just Zombie?!

I do hate the name though - why not just Zombie?!

It's a play on Ubisoft's first ever video game, Zombi. I think it's kind of neat, actually.

It's a play on Ubisoft's first ever video game, Zombi. I think it's kind of neat, actually.

I know where it comes from but it'll be lost on 95% of people. It just sounds incredibly silly. I also like real words in game titles (don't get me started on MGS Revengence).

Yeah, I've been embracing these screens for the past hour and I only have a semi.

Look at the your signature!!!

I ask this all the time, but how do you quote little bits of sometimes posts,. or lots of peoples posts?!

I ask this all the time, but how do you quote little bits of sometimes posts,. or lots of peoples posts?!

Little bits of sometimes posts? If you're asking how to quote part of someone's post, just quote them and erase whatever you want. Easy.

To quote several people at once, click the +Quote button on each post, then click Post Reply.

Instructions kindly provided by Magnus.

On a differing note:

I'm so gay I break the cock-in-mouth-o-meter

The only thing worrying me about this game at the moment is how they say there are no save points.

But surely there must be some kind of save function for if you just want to stop playing and pick up again later/the next day?

Like what happens if you are doing really well with the one character and surviving for like 4 hours but something comes up and you have to stop playing (need sleep, need food, time to go to work or something else) are you just meant to let your character die and take that time as it is and start again with a new character next time you play? Surely there must be some save function so you can save those 4 hours and then continue next time you play?

Ubisoft Are well known for "jazzing up" videos they show of "gameplay". I just don't have faith in them that those vids are actual gameplay vids, representative of the actual in game visuals.

As pointed out, quite brilliantly I must say, with the reference to Red Steel. They showed "gameplay videos" of that which wasn't like the actual gameplay itself at all.

If this game doesn't have online co-op it will be a travesty!

@ Mokong

I presume there is. I think it's just PR-speak for saying you can't retrieve a character once they die.

OR maybe Ubisoft has never even professed that there is no traditional save function, and it's been mis-communicated across the internet (and I've been a victim to that...)

One or the other, I guess.

Ubisoft Are well known for "jazzing up" videos they show of "gameplay". I just don't have faith in them that those vids are actual gameplay vids, representative of the actual in game visuals.

As pointed out, quite brilliantly I must say, with the reference to Red Steel. They showed "gameplay videos" of that which wasn't like the actual gameplay itself at all.

If this game doesn't have online co-op it will be a travesty!

Red Steel are bullshots mate, not from video footage. I don't know if Ubi have bulled videos up before, not heard or seen it if they have. This is a confirmed new lighting engine build of the game actually playable at Comic Con AFAIK.

@ Mokong

I presume there is. I think it's just PR-speak for saying you can't retrieve a character once they die.

OR maybe Ubisoft has never even professed that there is no traditional save function, and it's been mis-communicated across the internet (and I've been a victim to that...)

One or the other, I guess.

I think when you die, you star again as one of the other characters and you have to get back to where the other character died and get all the supplies out of their bag.

Red Steel are bullshots mate, not from video footage. I don't know if Ubi have bulled videos up before, not heard or seen it if they have...

They did it in their E3 announcement "gameplay" videos of both Red Steel and ZombiU.

Hell, in their ZombiU video the hands holding the controller weren't real and they touted that as a gameplay trailer!

They did it in their E3 announcement "gameplay" videos of both Red Steel and ZombiU.

Hell, in their ZombiU video the hands holding the controller weren't real and they touted that as a gameplay trailer!

Can you find me the video of the Red Steel bullshots? Had a look on YT and didn't find any. E3 2006? Any gameplay show on stage is the actual game footage of the finished game... them bullshots are on another level, like, almost look like Epics new UE4 game level.

Can you find me the video of the Red Steel bullshots? Had a look on YT and didn't find any. E3 2006? Any gameplay show on stage is the actual game footage of the finished game... them bullshots are on another level, like, almost look like Epics new UE4 game level.

Sorry 'Beats but it's far too much of a ball-ache to do on my phone (I don't have a PC or laptop, I'm always online on my mobile)

Sorry 'Beats but it's far too much of a ball-ache to do on my phone (I don't have a PC or laptop, I'm always online on my mobile)

Bastard, lol, I turned my my PC specially to look for it because my phone crashed and I thought I'm sure I've never seen them shots in motion before. Doesn't matter, was going to find a dodgy stream for the boxing anyway ;) Anyway, I can't find them, let us know if you do though mate.

No, nothing like them bullshots mate. That's how I remember the game looked to me.

Are you smoking? Maybe the graphics are the same but the animations and the gameplay is way off.

Regardless though. We have seen straight gameplay of ZombiU from E3. We know exactly how it will play and the screens show the exact same thing

Are you smoking? Maybe the graphics are the same but the animations and the gameplay is way off.

Yeah, because that's what we're talkin' about.

Regardless though. We have seen straight gameplay of ZombiU from E3. We know exactly how it will play and the screens show the exact same thing

This is a new post e3 build of the game. Come on... catch up...

That's the video I was thinking of, the game was nothing like that. It looked similar but played nothing like that. Especially te sword-fighting... which was unbelievably dog turd in the game.

Ubi are doing the same with ZombiU, they've "touched up" videos just like they did with Red Steel.

Whoa man, you're raggin' pretty hard on Red Steel lol. It was a bit of a mixed bag graphically, but I think these graphics look easily as good if not better. The guy has played the whole game and recorded it so check his channel out if you want to see any more.

These 'touch ups' you reckon are happening with ZU would have got found out pretty easily and we would have heard something by now because the build's been played at comic con. Sure there they'll be a few reports about it one way or the other next week, so I'd just hold back until then mate.

---

Yeah Ubisoft are alwats lazy/dissapointing at launch.

At least Rayman looks decent enough and is exclusive, and Assassins Creed III will be out on Wii U at the same time as the others, so that's a decent launch title.

But yeah, basically give us Watch Dogs! :p

---

I haven't played ME3, Batman, so there are those too, plus ACIII and Aliens etc... Wii Fit I wouldn't mind giving another go. And hey Nintendo World could be fun.

and Wario Ware.

This is one of the videos I'm talking about.

Not truly representative of actual gameplay.

Don't know what to make of that video tbh, graphics wise. Anyway, going off the Comic Con vids, would be nice to have a first hand account from someone who played it at e3 and then comic con, or some good off-screen footage. Not seen either knocking around but as far as the comcon vids go, they're getting my benefit of the doubt for now :)

There are plenty of possible reasons for the CGI hands, so I'm making no judgments based on that. The visuals - as far as I can tell - look great, certainly comparable to most (mid-budget) titles on the PS3 and 360. I also don't think Ubisoft are alone in touching up screens and video; personally I'm even suspicious of the "actual gameplay footage" tag put onto videos nowadays.

The scariest 'game' I've ever played was Slender.

Seriously, if you haven't played it, look it up.

I've never actually completed it, and every playthough ends with me pressing the ESC-button in order for the game to dissapear.

It's one of the creepiest experiences around.