NEurope

Really enjoying this game, think the atmosphere is thrilling and gameplay is very solid, however not been particularly scared as of yet, considering my jittery disposition, however little nursery tip if anyone is interested:

So the invisible zombie was a slight let down, if only because I had seen people talk about it on here and built myself up to essentially shit myself when it appeared. However when I walked into the room in the basement where she is, I took a door to the right that lead into a mini corridor. Whilst here she appeared in the door way I had just walked through, and I hit her with two shots from my double barrell shot gun (the first one you find) did that once more and she died...4 bullets! bit of an anticlimax if I'm honest, and whether it was a slight glitch I don't know, but if you can, get in the corridor, let her appear at the door then blow her bloody head off!

But did you...

Try to scan or loot her aftewards?

You seem to be doing pretty well...how mny characters have you been through so far?

But did you...

Try to scan or loot her aftewards?

You seem to be doing pretty well...how mny characters have you been through so far?

I did, and didn't get any loot or anything for scanning her, did I miss something by shooting her up? Although I did get the code for the door in that room, and picked up the new gun etc before hightailing it out of there!

Cheers, have been playing it more like MGS or splinter cell, sneaking round every corner, trying to be tactical!... Saying that my first go went brilliantly until I thought I was billy big time and tried to take on all comers when they storm the safe house...and died 3 times (think you reaped the rewards by bashing my head in ;) ) so started again as knew I could do better, on 8 characters this time and just

given dee's letters to the doc, been told to go save a girl in the church or something next

, 10 overall from both games.

Playing it through, survivor mode seems very possible, where as before I played would have been happy just to complete normal mode! Does it get any more difficult in survivor mode, weapons move about etc, or is it just the same game but with one life?

I did, and didn't get any loot or anything for scanning her, did I miss something by shooting her up? Although I did get the code for the door in that room, and picked up the new gun etc before hightailing it out of there!

but On scanning or looting her didn't anything "happen"?

Cheers, have been playing it more like MGS or splinter cell, sneaking round every corner, trying to be tactical!... Saying that my first go went brilliantly until I thought I was billy big time and tried to take on all comers when they storm the safe house...and died 3 times (think you reaped the rewards by bashing my head in ;) ) so started again as knew I could do better, on 8 characters this time and just

given dee's letters to the doc, been told to go save a girl in the church or something next

Oh yeah think I do remember finding you at the safe house while I was near the end of my last Survivor Mode game....can't remember if you had anything useful to give me though :heh:

As for survivor mode. Weapons and upgrades are in same places but ammo, flares and other stuff are in shorter supply.

Also Zombies do more damage than in normal mode...for example the "Red-Flame" types can 1-hit kill you with a single scratch.

I think they might be a bit more vicious on survivor mode too. I remember on my Normal mode play I could take on 2 or 3 zombies at once with just the cricket bat in some places. On Suvivor mode I learned after my first 2 failed games that taking on anymore than 1 at a time (with just the bat) was a massively bad idea.

, 10 overall from both games.

Playing it through, survivor mode seems very possible, where as before I played would have been happy just to complete normal mode! Does it get any more difficult in survivor mode, weapons move about etc, or is it just the same game but with one life?

but On scanning or looting her didn't anything "happen"?

Oh yeah think I do remember finding you at the safe house while I was near the end of my last Survivor Mode game....can't remember if you had anything useful to give me though :heh:

As for survivor mode. Weapons and upgrades are in same places but ammo, flares and other stuff are in shorter supply.

Also Zombies do more damage than in normal mode...for example the "Red-Flame" types can 1-hit kill you with a single scratch.

I think they might be a bit more vicious on survivor mode too. I remember on my Normal mode play I could take on 2 or 3 zombies at once with just the cricket bat in some places. On Suvivor mode I learned after my first 2 failed games that taking on anymore than 1 at a time (with just the bat) was a massively bad idea.

hmm so I got in there, shot her 4 times, was over in about 20 secs top, my prepper pad came back online, thought I heard the prepper say something about scanning her or something, so I did...but can't remember anything specific or, more importantly, scary happening when I did, maybe a shriek?! What was supposed to happen? Don't make me go back in there!!

haha yeah you would have been lucky to get an energy drink out of me at that point, that was desperate times!

Ah ok that sounds like a good challenge to me, makes sense to make things even more tricky, as the times I have died have been really stupid on my part rather than getting into serious trouble, so hope to feel some serious pressure in survivor, and also checked out your mammoth score, setting that as a target to try and get near :)

Also if you are still playing it, I have a survivor at tower of london pier somewhere that hasn't been looted yet, had some upgraded weapons and a few bits that may be useful if looking to pick some bits up, lots of shotgun ammo I think ( I carry all 3 with me all the time, just in case...!)

I have no Wii U games to trade but maybe something on Wii, DS or 3DS? Either that or I could be tempted to buy it for a low, low price ;)

Hmm there is one game I never got around to playing on the Wii, Kirby Adventure: Return to Dreamland.

If you have this I'd consider a temp trade. Maybe we could each hold on to each other games for a month then trade back- that way we could both experience the games we want too. Assuming you have the Kirby game I'm looking for.

Hmm there is one game I never got around to playing on the Wii, Kirby Adventure: Return to Dreamland.

If you have this I'd consider a temp trade. Maybe we could each hold on to each other games for a month then trade back- that way we could both experience the games we want too. Assuming you have the Kirby game I'm looking for.

I don't have Kirby's Adventure, sadly.. though I would also like to play it at some point :heh:

I'm not really sure what else I could offer in any potential trade..

I don't have Kirby's Adventure, sadly.. though I would also like to play it at some point :heh:

I'm not really sure what else I could offer in any potential trade..

Yeah it's one of those games that doesn't seem to drop in value. :(

Can anyone provide a splash of help for me on one bit please:

On the zombie arena bit, in St George's church, does the ammo automatically respawn, or once it's gone, you're screwed? Doing this bit last night, I got to the 2nd or 3rd stage I think, where a suicide zombie appears with 3 armoured, however I shot the suicide without killing the others, then spent 20 mins running around trying to find more ammo, and I couldn't. It got to the point where I had to go to bed so I just switched off (Hope there is no Zombie Mr Resetti), but does anyone know if it does just respawn, or do you have to be much more tactical than that?

On the zombie arena bit, in St George's church, does the ammo automatically respawn, or once it's gone, you're screwed? Doing this bit last night, I got to the 2nd or 3rd stage I think, where a suicide zombie appears with 3 armoured, however I shot the suicide without killing the others, then spent 20 mins running around trying to find more ammo, and I couldn't. It got to the point where I had to go to bed so I just switched off (Hope there is no Zombie Mr Resetti), but does anyone know if it does just respawn, or do you have to be much more tactical than that?

No it doesn't respawn. Once it's gone it's gone. There's more than you think, it's quite hard to see how much there is when you're running for your life. But use the exploding zombies as best you can.

Ammo does not respawn, if you had gotten past the ones in that bit you discribed a gate would open making the map a bit bigger and there a few other other bits of ammo to find and some other stuff.

You prolly figured it out but in the first part there are 3 red gas tanks you can use to blow stuff up. In the first 3 waves I'd only use 1 gas tank then use the others later after the gate opens....when shooting a gas tank becareful not to get a 2nd one caught in the explosion :wink:

You really need to take your time and just keep moving as much as possible. Lead zombies around and group tham together, especially the riot ones, and pick your shot right on the gas tanks or exploding zombies.

Use those (tanks and exploders) to your advantage. Best case scenario would of course be you take out all riots with an explosion. But if you don't get all the best scenario then would be to have just one riot left.

Don't panic and shoot off the helmet then the head. Very easy to panic and waste a ton of bullets.

In case you haven't found all the ammo in the first part of the map....

Next to where you get the gun (doubtful you missed this)

Inside the doorway, on the door inside on right is ammo, on the left a med pack. (don't try get both in one go. Run in get one run out or you will get pinned inside)

The dumpster on the right as you started has some ammo on top.

The jeep has ammo both on top and inside the back (very easy to miss the one in the back)

And inside that little wire cage "hallway" bit with the two doors, there's some ammo near the door on the jeep side AND a flare. (I only found those AFTER I killed all the zombies on my last Survival mode play :heh:)

Won't give any tips on what happens after the 3rd wave though as you not been there yet....best you try it yourself :wink:

Though if you really want to get through it without dying and losing a character you could also "quit" before dying. If you think you're in trouble and and low on health quit and reload and try again :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Cheers @Mokong X\-C and @somme, will have another bash at it later see if I can't get through it whilst being a bit more conservative with my ammo and a bit cleverer too! thanks again :)

Would love a sequel but not sure about Co-Op.

They'd have to do a great job to ensure there is still the same amount of tension and fear when playing with a friend and that it doesn't become a run and gun type thing ala L4D.

Ideally I'd like a seperation of Solo and Co-Op stories.

One story mode for Solo and another purely for co-op which is designed around having 2 players. But that's like asking them to give us 2 games for teh price of 1 :heh:

Yeah same for me. Keep the single player single, that's what makes it amazing - AND LOSE THE AUTO SENSOR, IT DESOTRYS THE TENSION!!!

But a seperate co op mode like left for dead all bombing around London or likely somwehere else, Berlin would be good :) That would be amazing!

Yeah that's true, I hope they don't take some frankly atrocious reviews of the game too seriously if they make a sequel, I don't want a L4D type game, I want ZombieU2! (trademarked?) still I guess making it slightly competitve would be ace, imagine if you had a prepper each, with your one telling you if you kill/betray your mate it will open up secrets/bonus's etc, goading you on, would be ace!

ps thanks for the tips on the arena Mokong, battled through it last night (not without taking my life down to a millimetere by placing a mine next to my own feet when a hoard was running towards me!) helped no end, cheers!

I don't want a ZombiU2. Imagine the soundtrack. My ears will be bleeding more than any zombie will!

Yeah same for me. Keep the single player single, that's what makes it amazing - AND LOSE THE AUTO SENSOR, IT DESOTRYS THE TENSION!!!

You mean when you get the upgrade for the pad and it auto pings for movement?

That just added extra tension. You'd be walking along nothing pinging back then suddenly that initial ping sound starts ringing from the pad.

You look down and see a bunch of red dots. Are they zombies? Are they crows or rats? A mixture of all 3?

Nothing makes you stop and double check what equipment you have in your "pockets" more.

But a seperate co op mode like left for dead all bombing around London or likely somwehere else, Berlin would be good :) That would be amazing!

No I wouldn't want a L4D style Co-Op. Would still want it similar to the single player experience. But for it to be done right the atmosphere and tension must be tuned right to put BOTH players on edge.

If they just allowed you to tackle the single player mode in a co-op style you could lose a lot of the tension as you'd know your mate has your back.

The idea that you could kill your friend is interesting but I wouldn't see that going well online, especially for anyone who jumped into a co-op game with a random. People would just start offing people and looting their items without a 2nd thought.

ps thanks for the tips on the arena Mokong, battled through it last night (not without taking my life down to a millimetere by placing a mine next to my own feet when a hoard was running towards me!) helped no end, cheers!

Helped no end?

I assume there's a mistype there and you did survive yeah?Yeah you gotta be careful placing mines when zombies are running for you. If they are too close when you put them down it will explode instantly. I'd do several laps round the map checking I got all or most of the group following me and making sure I got enough distance between us too.

Sorry yeah, I may have got my old sayings mixed up, but by "helped no end" I meant it helped me a lot, did it first time! :) so it was a genuine thanks for your tips and advice, not some sarcastic remark :) but almost killing myself with a mine was squarely my fault, nothing anyone could have helped me with, sheer stupidity!

Also I think a fully licensed U2 endorsement of the sequel would be cracking: "give dee's letters to Bono so him and the edge can write a score about your survival" and when you go back to see him without them you are serenaded with "and you still haven't found what you're looking for"...apart from that I have nothing...

My half price ZombiU (yep, I couldn't resist the temptation :heh:) has finally arrived! :yay:

Time to cricket bat some zombies. :D

*EDIT*

I thought playing through the demo would prepare me for this, but I'm already on my 3rd survivor! :blush:

Got killed once when an alarm was triggered, and again when my character got stuck on a piece of terrain that I couldn't see (it was dark

::shrug:) so I couldn't run away. :indeed:

There was a funny moment when I scanned a crow that was on top of a lamppost. I saw that it had an item, so I shot it, expecting the item to fall down. But instead it remained on the lamppost so I couldn't get it!

I then started hitting the lamppost with my cricket bat, hoping that it would cause the item to fall... but it didn't. I wasted a bullet for nothing. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

Awesome Red, looking forward to hearing how you progress... I might start up a new file to try and find your zombies, haha.

And an FYI... a crow or rat with an "item" just means you can kill said animal and eat its remains which can restore health...unless you eat a bad one...then you loss health...but I think you got more chance of restoring health...only once have I lost health eating rat meat :heh:

Oh and loving the updated sig :D

My half price ZombiU (yep, I couldn't resist the temptation :heh:) has finally arrived! :yay:

Where'd you get the game half price? As far as I'm aware it's full price everywhere.

Awesome Red, looking forward to hearing how you progress... I might start up a new file to try and find your zombies, haha.

And an FYI... a crow or rat with an "item" just means you can kill said animal and eat its remains which can restore health...unless you eat a bad one...then you loss health...but I think you got more chance of restoring health...only once have I lost health eating rat meat :heh:

Oh and loving the updated sig :D

Cheers Mokong. :)

Just finished the part inside Buckingham Palace, am now heading back to get the second book for the doc.

I would still be on my 3rd survivor too, but unfortunately he got killed in the palace.

What was highly annoying/amusing about his death, is that it was caused by one of @Strange Cookie's survivors. :hehe: I was already busy dealing with a few zombies (including one that liked to spit acid at me, and a riot gear one) when suddenly I was attacked by Strange Cookie's psychotic zombie! :heh:

When I arrived back at that area I was hoping it would still be there for me to get revenge, but it wasn't. My 3rd character was there though in zombie form, but he had some kind of red aura going on and was tough as nails! :o

Much stronger than the previous 2. Is that because I had loads of decent gear on me as that character, or just because I was further in the game?

BTW Mokong, (and everyone else that played ZombiU) did your Wii U ever freeze while playing this game? Mine has already, twice! And my Wii U has been fine since launch.

I've been reading a lot of comments on Miiverse about problems with the game too, including game breaking glitches (something to do with missing fuel ::shrug:) anything I can do to avoid that glitch?

Where'd you get the game half price? As far as I'm aware it's full price everywhere.
Posted it on the previous page of this thread.

It was from Base.com, but the offer is not available any more.

Edited by RedShell

My 3rd character was there though in zombie form, but he had some kind of red aura going on and was tough as nails! :o

Much stronger than the previous 2. Is that because I had loads of decent gear on me as that character, or just because I was further in the game?

Not sure what makes a "survivor" red flame, I think it might be random though?

watch out for red flames though, they do extra damage and can be more aggressive. If you play survivor mode, red flames are 1 hit kill with a scratch!!!

BTW Mokong, (and everyone else that played ZombiU) did your Wii U ever freeze while playing this game? Mine has already, twice! And my Wii U has been fine since launch.

I've been reading a lot of comments on Miiverse about problems with the game too, including game breaking glitches (something to do with missing fuel ::shrug:) anything I can do to avoid that glitch

In my 60+ hours with the game I only had 1 freeze.

as for glitches I've read bout them on Miiverse too, but in my 60+ hours 1 complete normal mode and 2 completes on survivor mode I experienced no glitches. No idea what is happening to those bitchin on Miiverse

Restarted the campaign mode, and was doing well, until...

Got back from the supermarket, and started to get a bit cocky, and got completely and utterly trounced on the first Safe House Zombie raid. Now, I have little ammo and stuff to get past this.

Damn good game.