NEurope

I lost the suvivor who had my crossbow and shotgun last night...absolutely gutted. I didnt care about the shotgun but the crossbow was my go to weapon <sniff>

Were you not able to get back to your previous survivor to loot the crossbow from him?

If not then you can use the CCTV cameras at the safe house to see if the crossbow respawned in an area where you hacked the cameras

@shin_kagato It is possible to regain this weapon as when 'lost' they will respawn in the game somewhere. IIRC I think @Mokong X\-C once said that it will respawn in the area you originally got it from, but at a different location.

Off for another go.

And, just finished that go. Got quite a lot done in a short space of time.

Refuelled the generator after boshing Vicrim's dead head in, obtained the keycard decoder upgrade for the scanner, awesome. I am now on a mission to collect all 7 Dee letters, collected the Tower of London one today and have only 2 more to go. Did pick up hell of a lot of weaponry today.

My 8th survivor is going well so far, but The Church looms in the distance

Edited by londragon

Were you not able to get back to your previous survivor to loot the crossbow from him?

If not then you can use the CCTV cameras at the safe house to see if the crossbow respawned in an area where you hacked the cameras

@shin_kagato It is possible to regain this weapon as when 'lost' they will respawn in the game somewhere. IIRC I think @Mokong X\-C once said that it will respawn in the area you originally got it from, but at a different location.

Off for another go.

And, just finished that go. Got quite a lot done in a short space of time.

Refuelled the generator after boshing Vicrim's dead head in, obtained the keycard decoder upgrade for the scanner, awesome. I am now on a mission to collect all 7 Dee letters, collected the Tower of London one today and have only 2 more to go. Did pick up hell of a lot of weaponry today.

My 8th survivor is going well so far, but The Church looms in the distance

You guys are the best, no really! I thought id lost it for good when my new suvivor was killed by the last one, thought the game was taunting me by giving me more bolts too lol. First thing i do when i go back on is hunt that bad boy down, being able to silently one shot Zombies is my favourite thing right now ^_^

The one downside is it could also respawn in an area you've not been to yet (and not have hacked the CCTV yet)... I don't know though if maybe reloading the game might make it respawn to different areas? If you don't see it on any of the CCTV's you could try that and see if it changes?

Just found a game breaking glitch. Shit had got so far.

Got into the Palace again, cleared it out, killed the 2 pad disrupter zombies. Worked on and through to the previously flame ridden doorway. Hacked the door to the kitchen area. Now, the next room is telling me there are 4 zombies inside, with the Doc. Quickly work out he is a zombie now, so chuck in flare, they congregate and wham get them all in one go with a well placed grenade. So far so good. Clear the room and rip out the Doc's eye. Continue forth into the keycoded room, collect the spoils, clear the kitchen, and return to the safehouse, and save. Wow, good going me thinks.

Return to the game after a coffee break, and it's asking me to kill the Doc???? Anyway, I go to the Palace underground and to the bridge which is now down, walkthroughs tell me that there is a duct, can't find it, can find a grated over duct??? Try to go back to the safe house, and it won't let me select any location on the map. Quickly restart from save point and go to the Palace, to 'KILL THE DOC' except he is one happy corpse, in fact I can remove his eye again, but can't kill the bugger (even though he is lying very very still, so still you'd think he was dead), tried all weapons, and my foot, bat, etc. I grenaded his peaceful dead arse and he is just a torso, no head, arms nor legs, but apparently not dead. That's one tough zombie.

Anyone come across this problem?

Edit: Just read up on how to do this section and it does seem to be game breaking glitch. Damn

Edited by londragon

Just found a game breaking glitch. Shit had got so far.

Got into the Palace again, cleared it out, killed the 2 pad disrupter zombies. Worked on and through to the previously flame ridden doorway. Hacked the door to the kitchen area. Now, the next room is telling me there are 4 zombies inside, with the Doc. Quickly work out he is a zombie now, so chuck in flare, they congregate and wham get them all in one go with a well placed grenade. So far so good. Clear the room and rip out the Doc's eye. Continue forth into the keycoded room, collect the spoils, clear the kitchen, and return to the safehouse, and save. Wow, good going me thinks.

Return to the game after a coffee break, and it's asking me to kill the Doc???? Anyway, I go to the Palace underground and to the bridge which is now down, walkthroughs tell me that there is a duct, can't find it, can find a grated over duct??? Try to go back to the safe house, and it won't let me select any location on the map. Quickly restart from save point and go to the Palace, to 'KILL THE DOC' except he is one happy corpse, in fact I can remove his eye again, but can't kill the bugger (even though he is lying very very still, so still you'd think he was dead), tried all weapons, and my foot, bat, etc. I grenaded his peaceful dead arse and he is just a torso, no head, arms nor legs, but apparently not dead. That's one tough zombie.

Anyone come across this problem?

Edit: Just read up on how to do this section and it does seem to be game breaking glitch. Damn

Okay, I did EXACTLY the same thing. He is dead, you do have the eye... did you do all the ending (download the file onto the USB), anyways, what I did after ages ages was go back to the palace, but all over ground, so back to the safehouse, out on the streets and go there that way (I'm presuming you are locked in that little area and can't get out without C4)... when I went back to the palace that way the game caught back up with itself (because i could go where I was meant to) and everything ended up being okay. had an hours panic though!

@dazzybee Haven't got the USB yet because it won't let me move on. I got the C4 and blew up the wall letting me through to the kitchen and back to the safe house, where I saved. Now though, I can only choose to go to the kitchen in the Palace and the Underground Palace section, via the shortcut (those are the only 2 places available to visit), If I go to the Palace bunker I then can't leave that place, all doors bar one is locked, and it won't let me return via the sewer shortcut. The door that is open leads to the fallen bridge, and is supposed to have a duct open, but my duct is welded shut????

Are you saying to go back to the safe house and walk all the way to the Palace again (the long way)? I will try first thing tomorrow morning, during my Wednesday morning session.

Thanks Dazzybee.

@dazzybee Haven't got the USB yet because it won't let me move on. I got the C4 and blew up the wall letting me through to the kitchen and back to the safe house, where I saved. Now though, I can only choose to go to the kitchen in the Palace and the Underground Palace section, via the shortcut (those are the only 2 places available to visit), If I go to the Palace bunker I then can't leave that place, all doors bar one is locked, and it won't let me return via the sewer shortcut. The door that is open leads to the fallen bridge, and is supposed to have a duct open, but my duct is welded shut????

Are you saying to go back to the safe house and walk all the way to the Palace again (the long way)? I will try first thing tomorrow morning, during my Wednesday morning session.

Thanks Dazzybee.

Yep that is exactly what I'm saying :) Took me ages to figure it was about to give up. Thought it was glitch-city with all of them boarded up :)

I read somewhere (late last night) that there was a patch that would arrive within 24 hours, meaning at the latest it should be with us by the end of the day.

I read somewhere (late last night) that there was a patch that would arrive within 24 hours, meaning at the latest it should be with us by the end of the day.

I got it already, about 12 hours ago. Go get it, don't know what it does yet though.

Thanks @dazzybee it worked a treat, just arrived in the Queen's bunker bit, after using the eye.

Great to hear! Awesome game, annoying it has a couple of quirks!

Aaah, I spoke too soon.

So, I did all the bits in the Queen's quarter, including getting the USB with the download on it, all fine. Escaped the underground Palace section. Worked my way onto topside, just outside the Palace gates, where a audio cut scene, and then some fire bombing takes place. Made my way back to the safe house, saved and then opened the metal container to grab my loot and tried to carry on. Didn't know where the hell I was going, and after an hour decided to look at a guide which stated that upon opening the storage chest in the safe house it should have triggered a cutscene with the Prepper, and then onto a Zombie shoot-out just outside the safe house area. This did not happen, and the game is still telling me my mission objective is to 'Kill the Doc', even though I have completed all the mission objectives after that (it's not green ticked whilst all the others are). So, I decided to make my way to the Tower of London anyway, to the evacuation point, and yep, no helicopter, no nothing.

So, after all that it does seem like it's buggered and I'll have to do it all again from scratch, I just don't know what went wrong though???

Edited by londragon

ZombiU is now £23.00 on Amazon for those interested :hehe:

I would certainly bite at that price if I wasn't playing other things at the minute so I'm more than prepared to wait for it to drop even further :heh:

ZombiU patch live guys...

* Optimisations of the framerate

* Zombies animations transitions.

* Online messages spawned in the first section of the MAPs.

* Scanner's start volume.

* Uplay cricket bat Cast Shadow has been removed.

* * On Mission 12, in the Nursery MAP, the interaction with the door in the basement of nursery was missing at rebirth if specific steps were followed.

* * On Mission 13, in the Gas Station MAP, a Mission object that is mandatory to complete the objective was missing if specific steps were followed.

* * On Mission 14, in the Circus MAP, if the player died right after recovering his Backpack, and rebooted the Wii U console, the objective was not updated.

* * On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, the Panacea disappeared after the Player died while downloading it. However the objective remained the same (download Panacea).

* * On Mission 10, in the Tower MAP, the Objective "Secure landing site" was not validated if specific steps were followed.

* * On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, if specific steps were followed, the Player might get stuck in the Bunker after he took Doctor's eye / Panacea because a Ladder disappeared.

* * On Mission 16, in the MAP Safe House, the iron curtain in the Safe House lacked of collision during Mission 16. This Bug could lead to a scoring exploit on leaderboards.

* * In the Safe House MAP, the Player saw a placeholder text when he dragged & dropped an item from the Blue Box to his holsters following certain steps.

* * On Mission 12 or 15, in the Nursery MAP, the game crashed if the Player burned the Zombi Nurse while she died.

Edited by madeinbeats

No mention of my specific glitch, I've installed the patch and nothing has changed, still stuck. So, I'll start again, but only after finishing Batman, NFS and MH3. Bye bye for a while ZombiU.

I was LOVING this game until last night!

Managed to survive the nursery and subsequent ambush and the catacombs (although both scared me half to death!). Got all my provisions sorted ready for the next challenge when...

The f*****g 'circus' bit... I mean come on!!! My quality, levelled up survivor died within 2 mins, and have now gone through 3 others and still only got to level 4!

I was such a jarring change in gameplay (especially losing the one weapon that could be of use here!), its seriously annoyed me...

Anyone else feel the same, and did anyone do this first time on their first go? If so hats off!

It took me about four attempts. I was petrified throughout.

Circus took me about 15 attempts, I think! Yeah... I was pretty rubbish at the game - 50 survivors in all!

Good bye ZombiU... you've gone to the great games heaven in the sky... Well ASDA... £22 trade-in!! Bargain..

Still one of the scariest, tensest (not sure if word!?) most atmospheric games I have ever played!

I picked this up for £25 in Tesco the other day. Haven't touched it yet as I've been busy with LEGO City Undercover. But I couldn't miss it at that price.

Ubisoft Montpellier is hard at work on a prototype for a ZombiU sequel, creative director Jean-Philippe Caro has told fans on Twitter.

Asked if we can expect a sequel, Caro replied: "Thank you for your interest in ZombiU. The team is working hard on a prototype."

However, he added "it's too soon to tell you more".

This isn't the first time the studio has spoken of a sequel. Earlier this year producer Guillaume Brunier hinted at cooperative play in a future game.

"How to bring a cooperative experience and still keep fear and tension is a question we would love to address," said Brunier.

"In our most exciting dreams, we would like to create an online experience where players never quite know where they stand between coop and player vs. player.

"Doubt is a great nest for tension and fear."

But given Wii U's struggle to penetrate the market and Ubisoft's prior decision to delay Rayman Origins to ensure a multi-format release, could a ZombiU sequel also see a release on other consoles?

http://videogames.virginmedia.com/news/ubisoft_working_on_zombiu_sequel_prototype.html

Hello! Let's hope Ubisoft may divulge a bit more at e3. Wouldn't be suprised to see mulitplatform, as long as we get it! :)

Im still playing through it. Still at Bucks Palace. Fuck me its tense!

I feel like today is the day my passion for Nintendo and, in particular, Wii U may reignite :yay:

I received Zombi U for my birthday yesterday and have finally had a chance to play for half an hour and I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot more :hehe: With this and the inevitably superior second half of the year on the horizon, hopefully brought to light by revelations around E3, things will be on the up for the console.. along with my satisfaction :heh:

I'm sure @Mokong X\-C will be particularly happy that I'm now ready to take care of those undead in London..

Bout time Nando.... I expect to see a diary here of your progess.... and when you die let me know, I might be tempted to start a new file again and go looking for you :D