NEurope

Gift card doesn't work online?

It doesn't, unfortunately :hmm: If I'm ever in Belfast, for whatever reason, I'll see if I can go make use of it but driving all the way there just to use it considerably decreases its value..

This is the one WiiU game right now that I want the most. Really craving Zombie action. PROPER Zombie action.
Yeah same, it's the only game that makes me remotely interested in the Wii U... along with Lego City maybe.

I just love the London setting; probably what I'd be looking forward to about this most.

Yeah same, it's the only game that makes me remotely interested in the Wii U... along with Lego City maybe.

I just love the London setting; probably what I'd be looking forward to about this most.

The sequel should feature an Open Plan London, where you get to visit anywhere you want. We can visit all of our favourite N-E Meet places. Dat Pub.

This is the one WiiU game right now that I want the most. Really craving Zombie action. PROPER Zombie action.

Other than Nintendo Land (and surprisingly, Batman. Which actually does some really cool GamePad stuff icon14.gif) this game definitely illustrates the brilliance of Wii U and the GamePad the best.

I challenge anyone not to experience a genuine feeling of anxiety and tension while playing it. The unpredictable and constant real-time nature of the game, in that you're always at risk and never actually safe, can seriously mess with your head. :awesome:

But for people that are into the survival horror genre anyway... Damn! ZombiU is beyond essential. :wink:

Edited by RedShell

But for people that are into the survival horror genre anyway... Damn! ZombiU is beyond essential. :wink:

Exactly, anyone who is a fan of survival horror and anyone who has said or thought "damn Resident Evil just isn't survival horror anymore, I wish it there was a game that was a true survival horror title"

Well ZombiU IS THAT GAME!!!!!!:wink:

Just finished another session, and apart from dying twice it went quite well. So, on my 3rd survivor now. First death was after sucessfully taking down @Zechs Merquise zombie, in Victoria, just finished looting, stood up to find another zombie right on top of me. Kind of half-paniced and died. Then, went to reclaim my goods thinking it was just one zombie, but of course there is the killer and my infected, couldn't handle 2 in such a close confined area (in the haulage container area). Died. Later got to the Raven safe house, whilst taking down @Phube along the way. Love the gun emplacement.

I'm quite surprised by this! I haven't played this game for over a month... yet my 'survivors' are still shuffling about!?

I challenge anyone not to experience a genuine feeling of anxiety and tension while playing it. The unpredictable and constant real-time nature of the game, in that you're always at risk and never actually safe, can seriously mess with your head.

I completely agree.

Me personally I can only play the game at about 20 minutes at a timr in broad daylight without shitting myself. I played it in the dark once and in the game some rats ran off. Due to the tension It made me jump and I ended ip throwing my gamepad in the air. I always seems to panic when against two or more zombies and have a mind block of what the buttons do on the gamepad.

Absolutely chuffing brilliant. Thats how id sum up Zombie U up in three words.

I lost another last night :(

My longest survivor so far perished in St George's Church. I was very disappointed. So I'm on number 6 now and I've completed all the missions and collected all the Letter of Dee.

I have also amassed an arsenal that would make any COD game blush! I think I've been far too sparing with ammo and simply haven't used most of the weapons.

I think the only guns I've actually fired are the pistol, the silenced pistol, the scoped rifle and the top end shotgun that you get when you finally access the boat docked at the Tower pier! So many guns untouched and so much ammo, I've actually filled my metal container back at the base.

I didn't like the St George's Church as much as I'd hoped. The end of it felt silly and was a real let down after the nursery - still I liked the lead up to that bit.

I can't wait to finish it, then hopefully I can get through the whole thing with one survivor!

I have also amassed an arsenal that would make any COD game blush! I think I've been far too sparing with ammo and simply haven't used most of the weapons.

I think the only guns I've actually fired are the pistol, the silenced pistol, the scoped rifle and the top end shotgun that you get when you finally access the boat docked at the Tower pier! So many guns untouched and so much ammo, I've actually filled my metal container back at the base.

What about the crossbow? You not use that... I used that more than my sniper rifle on my first play cause I didn't want to waste ammo.

Similar to you, on my first play I kept hording ammo as much as I could in case I needed it later. Not knowing what is coming obviously makes it harder to know when is a good time to use ammo and when is not.

That said that doesn't mean on your 2nd play it'll make it any easier. Yes you can fully plan ahead and think "yeah I can afford to use a bit of ammo on this next part".

But then you start to learn the game doesn't always spawn the same amount of ammo each time you play :mad: Plus on survivor mode (which all my after 1st play, plays have been on) I think you get les ammo anyway. Definately less flares and molotovs/gernades which I actually value more than a few bullets. And there were a few times where I would find myself wishing I had saved some extra ammo and flares and started revisiting old areas just to try find a few extra.

Finding other "survivors" is a godsend when they are carrying decent items on them...annoying when they have nothing though :mad:

Also remember what I said about you should never feel safe....that is actually more dangerous on 2nd plays as I learned. You'd be speeding through the game, remembering where zombies are and such from your 1st play. You get cocky thinking you've got things under control. But you then become prone to making even more mistakes, haha. Plus there are a few places where the game will change slighty where/when zombies come from or numbers of zombies which can catch ya off guard.

Or you'll do something stupid like toss a gernade round a corner, not realise it hit the wall and landed at your own feet :heh: *facepalm*

I didn't like the St George's Church as much as I'd hoped. The end of it felt silly and was a real let down after the nursery - still I liked the lead up to that bit.

Yeah Lost was "warning" me bout the church...bout the "bit at the end", when I was playing it I though it was the "underground" bit he was on about. That place scared the shit out me. But the "final bit" I actually enjoyed. Being forced to do some serious "on your feet thinking" set the heart racing....and still does on new play throughs cause it really is one section where anything can happen. One small mistake, one missed bullet could really mess you up there.

I can't wait to finish it, then hopefully I can get through the whole thing with one survivor!

Survivor mode DO EEETTTT

Took me 3 attempts to beat Survivor mode. 1st time died just before the Palace gates..... thought I could take on 3 zombies at once and thought I could "save" my flare for later....didn't end well.

2nd time, found out the hard way there is one type of zombie on survivor mode that doesn't need to grab and bite for a one hit kill...but even if it scratches you it is game over :mad:

I just finished the Tower last on my newest play. Just broke the 10,000 point mark so about halfway to my record score.

I've also decided to try to not use the short cuts as much when starting a new objective. Like on the way to Brick Lane Flats for Rons place, instead of using the manhole to get me right to the market area I did the full walk through the safe house and through the first part of Brick Lane like it was my first time there. Found a few new zombies I obviously never enountered before as I would have used the manholes and skipped them, so took them down :D

What about the crossbow? You not use that... I used that more than my sniper rifle on my first play cause I didn't want to waste ammo.

I never even tried the crossbow! I have so much ammo for my rifle it's unreal. Same with the shotgun, I just have tonnes of it. The only ammo I really used loads of is pistol ammo.

The sniper rifle controls are interesting, but it's annoying you can't angle the rifle downward to shoot beneath you, a bit of an oversight there.

Also remember what I said about you should never feel safe....that is actually more dangerous on 2nd plays as I learned. You'd be speeding through the game, remembering where zombies are and such from your 1st play. You get cocky thinking you've got things under control. But you then become prone to making even more mistakes, haha. Plus there are a few places where the game will change slighty where/when zombies come from or numbers of zombies which can catch ya off guard.

I think a second play through will be pretty easy :) I'll know where I've died before and where all the big ambushes are. I still intend to take my time though, I rarely ever run unless I'm totally sure of myself or am struggling to deal with a group of zombies.

Or you'll do something stupid like toss a gernade round a corner, not realise it hit the wall and landed at your own feet :heh: *facepalm*

Yeah, that happened to me. Although again I'm not sure whether that was one of the games glitches, as I threw it through an open door. I never heard anything hit the ground near me, then I blew up. I suppose I'll never know, but I've seen quite a number of glitches in the game so I would be surprised if there was an issue with grenades, I also had a similar issue with a flare disappearing through the floor and I bumped into a friend who had turned into a zombie but appeared to be under the map!

Yeah Lost was "warning" me bout the church...bout the "bit at the end", when I was playing it I though it was the "underground" bit he was on about. That place scared the shit out me. But the "final bit" I actually enjoyed. Being forced to do some serious "on your feet thinking" set the heart racing....and still does on new play throughs cause it really is one section where anything can happen. One small mistake, one missed bullet could really mess you up there.

It was OK, but I didn't really feel it was in keeping with the rest of the game, and I would have done it totally differently:

I would have had them lock you up and you had to get out and take revenge on your captors to get your stuff back. The idea of an arena filled with zombies being controlled by a gang of survivors who were using it like a circus seemed not to fit the rest of the game, it just seemed silly. Of course survivors would sometimes screw each other over, which would have been a great addition, but the idea of almost gladiatorial combat taking place is ridiculous and seemed shoe horned in to give a different challenge.

2nd time, found out the hard way there is one type of zombie on survivor mode that doesn't need to grab and bite for a one hit kill...but even if it scratches you it is game over :mad:

Please tell me what I'm looking for when this guy appears?

I might just do another run through on normal first lol

Just finished another hour with this beauty. Got up to the Bunker, but sadly lost another survivor on the way. I get too cocky and try it on with 2 zombies at a time, shoving and batting, and then they lunge with that 1 hit kill, and it's all over. Anyway, this game is ramping the tension up with those narrow corridors. Onto my 4th survivor. Best score so far 1790. I have been hording and looting like a monster and my metal container at the safe house is already full, so time to use my weapons a bit more, I think. I've been doing everything with the bat.

Got BigChief's zombie today in Victoria.

Just finished another hour with this beauty. Got up to the Bunker, but sadly lost another survivor on the way. I get too cocky and try it on with 2 zombies at a time, shoving and batting, and then they lunge with that 1 hit kill, and it's all over. Anyway, this game is ramping the tension up with those narrow corridors. Onto my 4th survivor. Best score so far 1790. I have been hording and looting like a monster and my metal container at the safe house is already full, so time to use my weapons a bit more, I think. I've been doing everything with the bat.

Got BigChief's zombie today in Victoria.

Yeah, I went a little too far with ammo conservation and now I'm at the very end I've got sooo many guns I've never used. On my second play through I'm actually going to live a little and enjoy the weapons!

I'm on my sixth survivor and I've never used planks and only used one flare and two grenades!

There's certain sections filled with zombies where I just managed to tempt one away at a time and deal with each one with the bat. Although I was quite liberal with the scoped sniper rifle later on in the game!

I'm on my sixth survivor
How many times did you delete your save and start over? ;)

So we know what survivor you're really on. :heh:

and I've never used planks and only used one flare and two grenades!
Come to think of it I never used planks either, did anyone use 'em?

On my second play through I'm actually going to live a little and enjoy the weapons!
You might want to consider using this then...

icon4.gifWARNING!! icon4.gif

...You can duplicate items in the safe house! :o

It's ridiculously easy to create infinite Health, Ammo, Explosives etc...

All you need to do, is have your metal container in the safe house full. It can be with anything, sticking in wooden planks and low health restoring items is a good way to quickly fill it up.

Then, have the items that you want to clone in the last 2 spaces on the far right.

Here I have a land mine and 20 handgun ammo:

MwVU9MC.jpg

Close the metal container (it's a good idea to move to the centre of the safe house at this point too) and open your backpack.

Then click to the right of the last item in the bag, where the extra ammo icon is in this pic (or slightly higher/lower for the other item that's at the end of your metal container):

GxpF3RC.jpg

Once you have the item on the end of your stylus/fingertip, drag it to the drop symbol (don't put it in an empty space in your bag), keep repeating this procedure, selecting the cloned item and dropping it.

These items will appear around your character on the TV, once you have the desired amount, close your bag and then pick up the items you created.

ZombiU now goes from being a survival horror game, to the easiest first person shooter ever! :heh:

I've been messing around with this on my Chicken Mode playthrough, it's absolutely hilarious. :laughing: So far I've maxed out my handgun skills:

P56EVQs.jpg

And taken out a load of zombies... overkill style! :D:

1F9ewca.jpg

Looking forward to trying it with a machine gun. :grin:

You can see how this massively destroys the game though. I also reckon that some of the high scores on Normal/Survival Mode probably used this glitch, which is a shame. icon13.gif

But yeah, I'm willing to bet that this will be fixed with the upcoming patch anyway. So if you want to have some fun with it, I suggest you do it sooner rather than later. ;)

Come to think of it I never used planks either, did anyone use 'em?

Not yet, maybe I'll try just for the fun of it. The zombies still get through the door albeit a bit slower.

What are the point of planks? Ive got a couple of them in my bag? Shall i just chuck em?

I never used planks either. I never equipped them to one of the quick selection boxes. So if I ever actually needed any they were in my bag and I didn't have the time to go rooting through that. So yeah on following playthroughs I just chucked 'em.

Well, I'm now at the final part, I've cleared one point of no return and I'm one the final one. It's time for my big escape, I hope I make it out in one piece.

I also burned through a lot of ammo in the final sections, mainly because I realised I was close to the end and didn't want to end the game not having tried a lot of the cooler weapons. The SA80 is pretty much awesome.

Once you have a large stockpile of ammo the game becomes VERY easy indeed!

Really need to go back to this, I believe i'm quite close to the end, done all the missions presented to me and just have to collect the letters. Not played it in about two months though :blank:

Slightly related to the game....

Probably only @Zechs will appreciate this (he's the only one that I 100% know enjoys some Irons) but it only just realised that the song "The Alchemist" on Iron Maidens last studio album "The Final Frontier" is about John Dee. (been a while since I listened to this album, had "From Fear to Eternity" in my car CD player the last year)

Ubisoft should have used it in the games sound track. :D

Edited by Mokong

I've only just found out that the US ZombiU Bundle that was just released there last month also had a free download code for NintendoLand.

WTF? Why didn't we get that :mad:

Does anyone know did that increase the cost of that bundle in comparision to the ZombiU bundle we got? Or was their bundle still the same price (comparitively) to what we paid and they actually got NintendoLand free?

I've only just found out that the US ZombiU Bundle that was just released there last month also had a free download code for NintendoLand.

Does anyone know did that increase the cost of that bundle in comparision to the ZombiU bundle we got? Or was their bundle still the same price (comparitively) to what we paid and they actually got NintendoLand free?

It also includes a limited edition booklet with ZombiU artwork, etc.

Its funny playing the game and suddenly having my friends suvivors appearing as Zombies, i killed a couple of you yesterday on the bunker approach, Londragons Zombie got a bit close for comfort though...

It's a good bundle.works out cheaper.

Got really angry with this game yesterday.

the bit with the helicopter? yeah... well one of the zombies didn't turn up so i couldn't get past that bit... and you're trapped in there... so... like... that was just the end of my game.

so I had to kill myself and when I became a new person it just skipped over that section... so can I even get my old stuff back?

urgh... it's made me not wanna bother... next time i play I might just start again