NEurope

Has anyone redeem any of they Uplay points yet?

I redeemed 40 points for the extra Multiplayer mode "Survivor", thought I'd have to download it... I guess it was already on the disc and redeeming the Uplay points just unlocks it.

Kinda annoying for anyone who doesn't know about the Uplay App, missing out on a multiplayer mode... but I guess it doesn't cost anything and if you have Uplay it the same as having to unlock the mode through achieving a goal in the game.

Ooo what's survivor then? I have the app but not sure how many points I've accumulated. Forgot to check.

I'm right near the end now. It's horrifying.

HOLY CRAP.

Just did the

nursery area

And had the biggest fright EVER game or film... I frakking jumpped, nearly dropped the gamepad and let out a girly yelp of a scream

What the frak was with that invisible zombie. As if the atmosphere of teh location wasn't bad enough, when you first get a "glimpse" of that thing it just ups the blood preasure. Was on edge the whole time.

Also surprised I survived and killed the thing without losing Ms. 10 (this bitch rocks)

Also very happy to make it out of that "area" without losing Ms. 10 :D

That horde at the end almost had me, thank god I remembered to use my flares, combined with a gernade, really helps.

Though I was cursing I only had one flare set to a quick select and couldn't get enough distance to open the BOB and get a 2nd.

Still survived, and the run to the manhole I was going "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck".....man I love this game

THIS IS SURVIVAL HORROR.... TAKE THAT RESIDENT EVIL :D

Man i am loving this game! its so tense and atmospheric, loving the billboards advertising the killer freaks!

My first guy died

supermarket, or rather when the door burst open and the prepper told me to run and get inside, which i thought (since they were coming out of the supermarket) mean back to the manhole area, but you can't jump the barrier, so i get munched on.

Then i got some stupid woman who frankly i was glad to see die after those high pitched grunts as she swings the bat died

the safe house raid, some how with the last zombie, i had 25% health and he managed to push me to the ground with no warning

after that i came up against some of you guys, or rather your corpses, so i did the only decent thing and smashed your skulls in and looted your corpses!

(that is such a fun feature in a morbid way)

My first guy died in the exact same spot... I couldn't see an 'inside' to get to... :(

Turns out that the uplay app synced with my existing pc/360 account eventually so was able to buy everything for ZombiU already, 100 points which i can only assume i got playing Assassins Creed or Splintercell...

U Play is exactly what i thought NIntendo would do with an OS level achievement system. You get coins for achieving accomplishments which you can spend on items in games like the 3DS would be a perfect system as it gives a reason for having one, and also gives certain gamers what they want. Nintendo are mental!

HOLY CRAP.

Just did the

nursery area

And had the biggest fright EVER game or film... I frakking jumpped, nearly dropped the gamepad and let out a girly yelp of a scream

What the frak was with that invisible zombie. As if the atmosphere of teh location wasn't bad enough, when you first get a "glimpse" of that thing it just ups the blood preasure. Was on edge the whole time.

Also surprised I survived and killed the thing without losing Ms. 10 (this bitch rocks)

Also very happy to make it out of that "area" without losing Ms. 10 :D

That horde at the end almost had me, thank god I remembered to use my flares, combined with a gernade, really helps.

Though I was cursing I only had one flare set to a quick select and couldn't get enough distance to open the BOB and get a 2nd.

Still survived, and the run to the manhole I was going "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck".....man I love this game

THIS IS SURVIVAL HORROR.... TAKE THAT RESIDENT EVIL :D

This whole section was terrifying. I don't think I have ever been more scared of anything than I was here. I struggled to make it through alive, but Anna (number 6 I think) was awesome.

I was lucky I had explored a bit so I knew where a fire exit was and I could run through the horde at the end.

Edited by not_so_tiny

Woo finally finished it! 15 hours, 11 survivors. Now onto survivor mode whilst I impatiently await a sequel.

Mokong mentioned you get an extra multiplayer mode on uPlay, so I downloaded the app today and tried setting it up but I'm having some problems.

I've never used uPlay before, so I'm assuming I have to set an account up (signing in with my NN details didn't work)? I tried to register, but not only did it take ages to find an username that was acceptable - which was difficult to comprehend because I somehow doubt there's a D_prOdigy on uPlay out there - when I did eventually find one, it said there was already a uPlay account linked with my email address.

Anyone else have such problems?

Mokong mentioned you get an extra multiplayer mode on uPlay, so I downloaded the app today and tried setting it up but I'm having some problems.

I've never used uPlay before, so I'm assuming I have to set an account up (signing in with my NN details didn't work)? I tried to register, but not only did it take ages to find an username that was acceptable - which was difficult to comprehend because I somehow doubt there's a D_prOdigy on uPlay out there - when I did eventually find one, it said there was already a uPlay account linked with my email address.

yes

It said i already had an account on my main email, after recovering paswords on a desktop it seems it was set up during the xbox/GC/ps2 era as it was the same user name as my original xboxlive id, (which was my name and date of birth), but it had no games linked or anything, no idea how or even when it was set up!

Set up a new one under a different email address to combat this

Feel like I'm way behind others in this game.

Just done the

That guy's apartment - where you had to open a wall safe and there was a really bizarre bit with dancing zombies who attacked when the music was turned off. Did anyone actually try to get close to them with music on to see what they would do?

Anyway, when the safe was opened, all hell broke loose. I'd barricaded the door, but still got dragged out of the vent. I was screaming at the TV - so tense!

What annoys me about this game though is that zombies seemingly spawn out of thin air. One appeared from a vent that I checked not 10 seconds before triggering a set piece. I checked it to make sure my escape route was clear, but then a zombie came from it. There was nowhere it could have come from!

I had no issues (other than taking a whle to work out why the touch screen didn't work :heh:)

When I downloaded the UPlay app to my Wii U and first opened it, it took me through the registration stuff, it pulled over my NNID and just asked me to enter my email address and I think set up a password and that was it.

Think I might have had to go my email and confirm it by clicking a link, can't fully remember?

Maybe the issue with the "email in use" maybe had you signed up to any official Ubisoft site or something before and that might have made you an Uplay account also?

Is there a "forgot password" thing, if so try that and get it to send the details to your email see what happens.

Also I just spotted on the back of the games box it says that there are 3 multiplayer modes, the "survivor" one from the Uplay unlock is one of those 3... the box mentions nothing bout needing Uplay to unlock all the modes :heh:

Feel like I'm way behind others in this game.

Just done the

That guy's apartment - where you had to open a wall safe and there was a really bizarre bit with dancing zombies who attacked when the music was turned off. Did anyone actually try to get close to them with music on to see what they would do?

Anyway, when the safe was opened, all hell broke loose. I'd barricaded the door, but still got dragged out of the vent. I was screaming at the TV - so tense!

I didn't know you could...

Turn off teh music?

The first zombie...who I guess was the DJ, I killed with my bat...he didn't fight back at all.

But I didn't want to risk the others on the dance floor so I took them all out with a molotov cocktail :heh:

What annoys me about this game though is that zombies seemingly spawn out of thin air. One appeared from a vent that I checked not 10 seconds before triggering a set piece. I checked it to make sure my escape route was clear, but then a zombie came from it. There was nowhere it could have come from!

Yeah the set piece spawns can be annoying as you get no warning when they could come from or from where. Guess you just gotta learn to expect the unexpected :heh:

yes

It said i already had an account on my main email, after recovering paswords on a desktop it seems it was set up during the xbox/GC/ps2 era as it was the same user name as my original xboxlive id, (which was my name and date of birth), but it had no games linked or anything, no idea how or even when it was set up!

Huh.

I tried to log-in using D_prOdigy and a few passwords I usually use, and managed to get in.

I honestly cannot think when I could have set one up. I have maybe 4 PC games and none of them are Ubisoft games.

I went past them and they ignored me!

Although when I returned to the area they were still there and took an instant dislike to my presence that time...

So just I just got the Fuel "from Vikrim"

Decided to ignore the girl from the church (who incidently I didn't hear "call" me? The objective just popped up....maybe cause I saved when I got to safe house and it tried to load that "transmission" at same time and it got lost?)

With the new pad upgrade I decided to go back for my remaining Letters of Dee, had 3 left, all behind "keycard" doors that I could now hack, YAY.

So I got all 7 letters got them back to the Doc...... and NOTHING? WTF expected him to at least give over some supplies :mad:

Saved after that then.... the girl at the church can wait :P

Least while doing the stuff in the spoiler I found some new weapons, including a Magnum :D

No extra bullets for it though so just left it in the metal box at safe house for now. Found a few new shotguns too, haven't used any of those yet, but I got no ammo left for my Carbine rifle so bringing a shotgun (think it M7) as my backup.

What weapons are people carrying with them? I always keep my Handgun, swaped the Carbine rifle for the Shotgun now and always have the Crossbow with me too.

Not used the sniper rifle I found as it only had 3 bullets and not found any extra ones :(

Got a few submachine guns and a AK47 but again...no ammo :mad:

Also can you only upgrade each stat of a gun once? Or do you get to upgrade more after a certain point?

Ms. 10 is still alive too, she's now just over 3 hours 30 mins and has passed the high score set by Mr.9 with an hour to spare. :D

Just completed it, 11 hours and 48 minutes gameplay time and 36 survivors! :p

Apart from me dying loads I really enjoyed this game, my last survivor ended up being my highest score (well technically second to last as I died right near the end) I had about 3 hours playtime with that one and got my score just over 4000 if I remember correctly.

What weapons are people carrying with them? I always keep my Handgun, swaped the Carbine rifle for the Shotgun now and always have the Crossbow with me too.

Not used the sniper rifle I found as it only had 3 bullets and not found any

I do believe that the sniper uses carbine ammo, I got lucky in terms of ammo for both the carbine and crossbow bolts as I killed a corpse of somebody who had 36 rounds for the carbine and 24 bolts for the crossbow:)

I do believe that the sniper uses carbine ammo, I got lucky in terms of ammo for both the carbine and crossbow bolts as I killed a corpse of somebody who had 36 rounds for the carbine and 24 bolts for the crossbow:)

Havent gotten all that far due to my crashing issues, with the crossbow bolts can you recover them from the Zombie corpses after killing them or are they gone after being used?

Havent gotten all that far due to my crashing issues, with the crossbow bolts can you recover them from the Zombie corpses after killing them or are they gone after being used?

If you hit them, (and they're not armoured) you can loot them back after they're dead.

I found a bug earlier. I started as a black guy and then after going through a few areas had noticed he had turned into a balding old white dude. Then he turned back! It's hard to get attached to shapeshifters.

Finally started this last night, had to update it first but then I was able to get around 15/20 minutes of gameplay.

The atmosphere is freakin' fantastic!

If you hit them, (and they're not armoured) you can loot them back after they're dead.

I found a bug earlier. I started as a black guy and then after going through a few areas had noticed he had turned into a balding old white dude. Then he turned back! It's hard to get attached to shapeshifters.

Thats a nice touch, ill be keeping my eye out for the crossbow then.

The crossbow is really good when you want to lure one away from the herd. I used it a lot. And it doesn't matter if you lose the odd one here or there. I think I managed to get about 15 before the end.

Really annoyed at the mo'.

Early, early game spoiler:

I died leaving the supermarket with a LOOOAD of equipment, mines, flares, 35 bullets, hammer plant medikits etc. Only to awaken as a new survivor with bugger all to face an ensuing zombie hoard on my safe house. with a cricket bat and 6 bullets and no keycard....

Now I understand that this is the gameand the whole point, but the bit I find unfair is the 'story' kind of continued as 'I' got back to the safe house i.e. woke up. I would have liked the chance to at least retrieve my back pack... i.e. get back to 'my' story/supermarket and make my way home to the safe house...

Now I've lost 6-7 survivors on the trot as I am very poorly equipped to face a zombie hoard.. :(

Really annoyed at the mo'.

Early, early game spoiler:

I died leaving the supermarket with a LOOOAD of equipment, mines, flares, 35 bullets, hammer plant medikits etc. Only to awaken as a new survivor with bugger all to face an ensuing zombie hoard on my safe house. with a cricket bat and 6 bullets and no keycard....

Now I understand that this is the gameand the whole point, but the bit I find unfair is the 'story' kind of continued as 'I' got back to the safe house i.e. woke up. I would have liked the chance to at least retrieve my back pack... i.e. get back to 'my' story/supermarket and make my way home to the safe house...

Now I've lost 6-7 survivors on the trot as I am very poorly equipped to face a zombie hoard.. :(

Yeah, that came up a lot on my feed that you got infected there a few times. The trick is to go into that room with two doors and a half lowered shutter. When they crawl under, you can instakill them with the bat.

Yeah, that came up a lot on my feed that you got infected there a few times. The trick is to go into that room with two doors and a half lowered shutter. When they crawl under, you can instakill them with the bat.

But they kick in the doors without barricades?

But they kick in the doors without barricades?

They mostly all funnelled through the shutters for me. The ones that didn't, I shoved them and closed the door again.