NEurope

If anyone wants a good laugh you should see the comments over on the N4G page about the Gamespot review of this.

Earlier this week all journalists were lying scum that don't understand gaming when they riped Vita Black Ops apart. However based on this one single review of ZombiU everyone should cancel their pre-orders, the WiiU is dead and apparently Nintendo are conmen!

This stood out as pure comedy gold:

As I said before, Nintendo is ALL about perception. They have this ability to manipulate people into buying underpowered consoles over and over again even though all they do is underdeliver and overpromise.

As a kid, I bought a GBA Pocket, GBA Color, GBA Advance, and GBA SP. To this day, I have no idea why I did it.

As a kid, I bought a GBA Pocket, GBA Color, GBA Advance, and GBA SP. To this day, I have no idea why I did it.

.....................................................................................................................................:blank:............................................................................................................................

My Lord.

He's gotta be joking right?

He was secretly crying inside after saying this statement right?

Thanks man! This game sounds good, I never doubted to begin with, this game caught my interest when it was first revealed, and it's still my most anticipated WiiU launch title.

Really good impressions just on that page alone!

I'm still going to give this a chance - I enjoyed Red Steel and that got some really mixed reviews. I think me and my mates will get plenty of mileage from this. One of our fave 'multiplayer' sesh games is project zero - we pass the controller round everyone in the room and ZombiU looks like it'll accomodate our little horror nights quite nicely!

I'm still going to give this a chance - I enjoyed Red Steel and that got some really mixed reviews. I think me and my mates will get plenty of mileage from this. One of our fave 'multiplayer' sesh games is project zero - we pass the controller round everyone in the room and ZombiU looks like it'll accomodate our little horror nights quite nicely!

Sounds great! Where you at? I'm coming to the next one :D

That's actually a really good idea, with the "one life" thing the game would lend itself well to "pass the controller" play....assuming one person wasn't like really good and managed to stay alive for a few hours.

Actually reminds of a time years ago stayed over at a cousins house, there was I think 6 of us, a NES and Super Mario Bros 3.... we were gonna each take goes with rules being if you die 3 times you passed the controller on (even if you had more than 3 lives).... I think I was the 3rd one who got a go... I ended up going so long without a single death the rest said "right if you die once you pass it on".... Think I managed to make it a good 1 hour on my single life :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44522435&postcount=1836

I guess the development team have had their own did at reviews and other "survival" horror games

That is AWESOME:bowdown:

Also I thought they didn't let you spray paint with letters...thought it was just symbols?

MfgfE.jpg

I think that sums things up nicely. I think my purchasing decision is set :)

Edit: Aww bloody hell, been beaten with a red shell to the face.

MfgfE.jpg

I think that sums things up nicely. I think my purchasing decision is set :)

Edit: Aww bloody hell, been beaten with a red shell to the face.

Watching IGNs live stream http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive

They were just showing some pics people had sent into them and someone had sent in that screenshot, all they said was "someone playing ZombiU" I don't think they read it or got it :heh:

They are currently playing Mario, I think ZombiU will be next

I really can't wait for this game, it just looks fun, that hard challenging fun that is so rare now these days!

Gametrailers gave it a 6.5

They say that there are a few bugs and glitches still in the game unfortunately and that they feel that the game was rushed to make launch.

haha...

"In one early mission you're told to acquire a hammer... it just so happens there's one in the very safe room you start in, sitting on the work bench, agrivatingly unobtainable"

It would be nice to have been able to vault over fences and the like, and shame about the clipping, bugs and glitches.

I don't think it seems to look as bad visually as the reviews are making out, but then I'm only watching videos of it, and have been primarily playing the Wii for the last 5 years, where as now the standards are higher.

Still undecided on this one. Tbh I think the IGN and Gametrailers reviews are well explained and the scores seem fair.

I'm surprised at the mixed reviews this game has got. I was honestly expecting a tour de force and after reading Eurogamer and Polygon's reviews was like wow I need this now....However so many negative reviews it's Red Steel all over again (a game I enjoyed moderately despite it's flaws, oddly enjoyed the 1st more than the 2nd). Very strange how over here it's had a bad review in the mainstream as well:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/gaming/game-reviews/zombiu-barely-makes-the-grade/article5416680/

I'm surprised at the mixed reviews this game has got. I was honestly expecting a tour de force and after reading Eurogamer and Polygon's reviews was like wow I need this now....However so many negative reviews it's Red Steel all over again (a game I enjoyed moderately despite it's flaws, oddly enjoyed the 1st more than the 2nd). Very strange how over here it's had a bad review in the mainstream as well:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/gaming/game-reviews/zombiu-barely-makes-the-grade/article5416680/

General feeling I get from these negative reviews, as said before, is that they were expecting a massive action game

The wonderful thing about the gaming press is their paradoxical view points on gaming. Take this for example:

Resident Evil is influenced by COD/Gears and thus becomes more about action than survival or horror - tears are shed and there is wide spread anger over the death of survival horror.

ZombiU releases, a genuine survival horror experience where you are actually punished for dying (something so rare in modern games), journalists cry because you don't get an assault rifle with a near infinite amount of ammo to mow through Zombie hordes.

I tend to trust Gametrailers, and their review has lowered my desire for this significantly.

Following in the footsteps of Nintendo itself, Ubisoft has released a ZombiU app for iOS devices to coincide with the launch of the game on the shiny new Wii U.

The free application allows you to take a picture of yourself and will automatically generate an infected image.

You can see the difference between the level of infection - whether it be day 1 or day 7 - depending on how you want your image to look. You can even record a 10 second 'emergency message' before a Zombie attacks the screen, and share the personal video on Facebook or Twitter.

We've had some fun with the app this morning, so keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter feeds to see what the Nintendo Life team look like after the HQ has become infected!

I haven't been able to find it on the store yet but I will definitely be downloading it once I find it! :D

EDIT: Found it! I typed in Ubisoft and it popped up.

no matter what the reviews say, its only their opinion.. i love what they have done with the game, so yes i will buy it at day one.

i am not really fund of nintendo land, i love the games and stuff but not for a full priced game.

but zombiU is a must have for me.

Wasn't this supposed to be build in the game? Is that in it anymore? The zombiefier?

Yeah, Reggie was turned into a Zombie. No idea if it's in the final build of the game. though. I can't see why they would remove it.

I pre-ordered mine today. Just watched long videos of people playing on youtube. Much more insightful than a lot of those reviews I'd wager.

Just thought about something a bit weird. Do you think that people in the US don't understand that there a lot of guns kicking around in the UK. Certainly not as much as in the land of "Guns don't kill people"...