NEurope

Absolutely sure I've never heard about this before, but take a look at this picture. The reverse side of the ZombiU box-art clearly shows 1 Wii Remote and Nunchuk compatibility (obviously for local multi-player). Has this been confirmed???

Wii-U-Box-Art-Back-9-500x375.jpg

If its for multiplayer why would they just have 1 controller? Isn't multiplayer more than 2 player? Maybe not. Maybe it is just 2 player and they second player can either use this or the pro controller.

If its for multiplayer why would they just have 1 controller? Isn't multiplayer more than 2 player? Maybe not. Maybe it is just 2 player and they second player can either use this or the pro controller.

I'm sure it's only a 2-player multi-player affair. But, if they do allow you to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuck for the Multi-player, why wouldn't this also be used in the single player? If it's not in the single player it's probably because of the functionality of the Gamepad and Ubisoft thought it strange to have the GamePad sitting on your lap whilst using the remote.

I'd imagine they would have wanted 2 Gamepad multiplayer, but seeing as it won't be available at launch and they don't want to delay ZombiU they probably just chucked in Wii Mote and numchuck support for multiplayer. They probably don't want to offer it in singleplayer because they want people to experience it using the gamepad.

My take on it anyway.

I'd imagine they would have wanted 2 Gamepad multiplayer, but seeing as it won't be available at launch and they don't want to delay ZombiU they probably just chucked in Wii Mote and numchuck support for multiplayer. They probably don't want to offer it in singleplayer because they want people to experience it using the gamepad.

My take on it anyway.

Agreed. Let's wait and see.

Content Design Director Bogdan Bridinel:

"Asymmetric multiplayer hasn't been explored very much by developers, so it enables us to create experiences that you've never had before. For ZombiU, specifically, it has enabled us to create an experience that can be shared between a serious, hardcore gamer and a more casual friend, without the latter being completely outmatched.

Unlike the survivor gameplay, which is a traditional first-person experience, the 'King Of Zombies' gameplay has a more relaxed pace and is more about overall strategy than gamer reflexes honed over years, so it's more immediately accessible. It creates a gateway for new players to get into the game before they acquire the courage to face the infected hordes face to face."

Just seen the Wii U Zombi U advert, absolutely terrible advert!

Might aswell be Zombie themed Sudoku for all anyone uninformed knows! Hope Ubisoft have got their own advert for it.

Just seen the Wii U Zombi U advert, absolutely terrible advert!

Might aswell be Zombie themed Sudoku for all anyone uninformed knows! Hope Ubisoft have got their own advert for it.

You have a link?

You have a link?
I saw it last night on Ch4 during The Inbetweeners Movie.

The only one I could find on Youtube was the Spanish dub, but it's exactly the same otherwise.

I think that was part of the Hungarian vids that released last week too.

Hopefully they have other ads that show off more of that the game is about/you can do.

Just showing the door hacking gives little idea of what to expect from the game

I can see what they are trying to do, but I think the adverts hav been pretty terrible at conveying fully what the wii u is.

I saw it last night on Ch4 during The Inbetweeners Movie.

The only one I could find on Youtube was the Spanish dub, but it's exactly the same otherwise.

Cheers Retro Link.

Your right it doesn't even tell what type of game it is though I guess it does convey the tension and that the Gamepad is a key component of the game

If I was purely guessing from that advert, I would probably say it's some type of Zombie puzzle game i.e. solve the puzzles before the zombies get you.

They could have atleast made the advert 30secs long and had 5secs of someone shooting zombies in the corridor that leads to that puzzle before putting the bag down and pulling out the gamepad.

I think Ubisoft should put out a 60sec version of the 'God Save Our Queen' trailer. Yes it might not be wholely representative either, but like the new Black Ops II advert it's cool as fuck, and has a great song to it, and is inline with the audience they are trying to reach out to, to give the Wii U a look.

Edited by Retro_Link

that advert needed to be longer and show more screen footage of gameplay.....

hell why notshell out for the voice over of an actor from a popular zombie tv show or film?!

ZombiU - Wii U TV Trailer

Same as before but in English. Shame the trailer is so shit for what should be the stand out title on Wii U.

Same as before but in English. Shame the trailer is so shit for what should be the stand out title on Wii U.

It does a really poor job of showing off the game. Yes, you need to show off how the GamePad is used, but it really doesn't get across the actual theme of the game. They'd have been better off showing the GamePad being used as a real time inventory during a gunfight with zombies. Half the advert is spent up with "What is Wii U?" and "Here's the box!"

Wow. Every single one of your posts has to have something negative in it. In fact, I don't think you even bother posting unless there's something snide to say.

Yawn.

I CAN PLAY IN REAL-TIME...

FOR REAL

No longer will you have to pretend to play in real-time!

I CAN PLAY IN REAL-TIME...

FOR REAL

No longer will you have to pretend to play in real-time!

Fuck, really? Dammit... I was counting on that for release. Wii U can officially go ram it now :nono:

Wow. Every single one of your posts has to have something negative in it. In fact, I don't think you even bother posting unless there's something snide to say.

Yawn.

You're right there, you don't think. I think this is a good looking game. Read my comments on this game. I praise Ubisoft because they're the only company really pushing the Wii U with this game and Rayman. Everything else is either ports or lazy efforts. This console is Nintendo's baby, they should the one to the forefront pushing the console but they're not and I'm not going to blindly defend them regarding their mistakes.

Regarding the video. I want to see a great ad reflecting the quality of the game. Instead it looks more like an ad ad for a calculator. Please, if anybody out there thinks this is a great ad please let me know.

Edited by Wii

You're right there, you don't think. I think this is a good looking game. Read my comments on this game. I praise Ubisoft because they're the only company really pushing the Wii U with this game and Rayman. Everything else is either ports or lazy efforts. This console is Nintendo's baby, they should the one to the forefront pushing the console but they're not and I'm not going to blindly defend them regarding their mistakes.

Nah. I have no interest in what you have to say on anything related to the Wii U - or its games. We've all got the message now. :indeed:

Nah. I have no interest in what you have to say on anything related to the Wii U - or its games. We've all got the message now. :indeed:

You've no interest in reading what I've said yet you can make a sweeping statement that every single one of my posts has something negative in it. Well done!

applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif

Dude, relax. If someone else's opinion bothers you that much and you're convinced that every post of theirs is going to annoy you then either:

1) Don't read what they post, no one is holding a gun to your head

2) If you really feel that offended by what they post even being on your screen then add them to your ignore list.

Dude, relax. If someone else's opinion bothers you that much and you're convinced that every post of theirs is going to annoy you then either:

1) Don't read what they post, no one is holding a gun to your head

2) If you really feel that offended by what they post even being on your screen then add them to your ignore list.

You're missing the point. It's his general attitude that's bothering me. Every post he has made that I have happened to read has had something negative in it. Not something that can be classed as a discussion point. I'm not jumping to the defence of what he's slagging off here like a fan boy - I'm simply saying that every one of his posts has to have some sort of derogatory comment that is pretty annoying. And I don't think it's just me that's annoyed by it.

Oh and I already know about the ignore function - and he has been ignored so I don't have to read his crap anymore. :grin:

You're missing the point. It's his general attitude that's bothering me. Every post he has made that I have happened to read has had something negative in it. Not something that can be classed as a discussion point. I'm not jumping to the defence of what he's slagging off here like a fan boy - I'm simply saying that every one of his posts has to have some sort of derogatory comment that is pretty annoying. And I don't think it's just me that's annoyed by it.

Oh and I already know about the ignore function - and he has been ignored so I don't have to read his crap anymore. :grin:

Get a grip, would you? There you go again with your every post line. That's a lie! I really like this game and if you took the time to read my posts you'd realise that but you won't so who's the annoying one? I simply stated that I wish the ad was better to show the great quality of the game and what it's all about. I think most people would agree it doesn't do a good job at that. But who knows maybe there'll be a series of ads to better promote the game and its ideas.