NEurope

This game grabbed me ever since I saw its first trailer. Now I'm really hyped! I've been trying to stay away from as much new info as possible, but I'm happy that I read H-o-T's post, this game sounds terrific.

Hardcore difficulty, little supplies & (possibly) large waves of ZOMBIES!

I am so looking forward to soaking in the atmosphere that the game creates, and how the WiiU's power is used to further enhance this atmosphere. Framerate, lighting, sound etc.

Something simple like a real-time backpack system was an excellent idea, especially the way the TV is used to check your surroundings while you search your backpack on the Upad.

Looks like it's back to epic midnight gaming again.

I'm not sure when to play this though!

Middle of the day doesn't seem right... but at night time, with my back to the door and a window nearby (what's behind it!!) :shakehead

Indeed, it's making me want to buy it since my initial launch pre-orders are down on two games (Lego City and Pikmin)...I need more!

Why Lego city? Has that been confirmed to miss launch?

Nntendo have really ballsed p the launch games info. No one knows what the fuck is going on in any territory. Wonderful 101 looks like its missing this year too, which I think is borderline suicide. Needs to eas far away from pikmin as possible

Reading H-o-T's post just upped my hype level for this game.

I'm gonna try my best to not play this as "a game" and try play it as a "if the zombie apocalypse was real this is how I'd survive".... if I get eaten by the first zombie I'll be so pissed off, haha.... would love to manage to do it all on the first character but that might be too optimistic.

Though I wish the standard weapon was a samurai sword which is what I have in my house just in case zombies start to rise, haha

EDIT:

Oh and on the bit when it says if you had a super awesome weapon an die you can tell your friends where you died so if you spawn in their game they could get the weapon.... do you think this could only be done once? Like if one friend finds your zombie character in their game, kills it and loots it then will it still appear in your game and/or other friends games or will it now be gone? Could make for an interesting race to see who can get the loot first, haha.

Edited by Mokong

Reading H-o-T's post just upped my hype level for this game.

Oh and on the bit when it says if you had a super awesome weapon an die you can tell your friends where you died so if you spawn in their game they could get the weapon.... do you think this could only be done once? Like if one friend finds your zombie character in their game, kills it and loots it then will it still appear in your game and/or other friends games or will it now be gone? Could make for an interesting race to see who can get the loot first, haha.

If it's the case you can only kill your Zombi (now spelling like this and not Zombie) character once, then I'm not telling anyone where I died. I don't want people looting my awesome gun, and leaving me with diddly squat. I imagine it would be multiple spawns. Think about it 100s of Zombi Londragons everywhere.

If it's the case you can only kill your Zombi (now spelling like this and not Zombie) character once, then I'm not telling anyone where I died. I don't want people looting my awesome gun, and leaving me with diddly squat. I imagine it would be multiple spawns. Think about it 100s of Zombi Londragons everywhere.

OK, yeah put that way then maybe not effect the original players game, just realised would be really bad if you couldn't get back your gear in your game.

But what about one spawn per friends?

"Hey guys I died (enter location) with a super awesome gun...Go get it"

All your friends rush over, first one there gets the loot and the rest get greeted by a horde of zombies :D

Also I don't mind the message system is set to certain symbols, could make for some cryptic puzzle making. I suck at drawing anyway so it a plus for me...else I'd just be writing all the time.

Imagine though if in the middle of leaving a message to warn someone of danger and a zombie gets you before your character sprays the final part of it. Leaving only half a message that seems to say all is clear, haha....or would some be as evil as to do that intentionaly :mad:

Why Lego city? Has that been confirmed to miss launch?

Nntendo have really ballsed p the launch games info. No one knows what the fuck is going on in any territory. Wonderful 101 looks like its missing this year too, which I think is borderline suicide. Needs to eas far away from pikmin as possible

It's published by Nintendo and isn't on their list so I have my doubts

I actually quite like the idea of your corpse being looted, to see a handful of freinds backpacked zombies in your game would be incredible, especially if they were stronger in some way.

Has the size and make up of the game world been discussed? I'm hoping for one huge near-perfect recreation of the City of London (yes, setting myself up for disappointment there) and missions within that; I don't want levels.

I actually quite like the idea of your corpse being looted, to see a handful of freinds backpacked zombies in your game would be incredible, especially if they were stronger in some way.

Has the size and make up of the game world been discussed? I'm hoping for one huge near-perfect recreation of the City of London (yes, setting myself up for disappointment there) and missions within that; I don't want levels.

It looks like levels, with missions based in different 'areas'. From what I've seen the areas are not 'joined', but instead you jump into an opening (like a sewer drain) from your safe house and then choose where you want to go from the Gamepad by clicking on the location. You then spawn at that location. Will you be able to travel to any location within the game at any time, hopefully, but I assume only after you finish that particular area/level first. Who knows?

Disappointing, but expected.

Has anyone done an open world zombie apocalypse game?

Rockstar did with the Red Dead Redemption DLC. It was essentially a new game

Rockstar did with the Red Dead Redemption DLC. It was essentially a new game

And it sucked.

but at night time, with my back to the door and a window nearby (what's behind it!!) :shakehead

Trust me, it's the way to go!

WOuld be better if the longer you survived in the game the more powerful your zombi was... Someone needs to tell Ubisoft to do that :)

Also, bit worried if you die loads you'll have loads of zombis running around different games...

After hearing the Demon Souls comparison it has got me excited. I probably won't have the money to get this at launch though so I'll have to wait until Christmas if I even get it then.

So they've effectively robbed the thing from Resi Revelations where your friends end up as zombies/dogs/monsters in different levels then....when I first experienced it in that game I really wondered why other games weren't doing that as well but I'm happy that ZombiiU has it now though. Still not decided on this or Black Ops 2....hmmm...

So they've effectively robbed the thing from Resi Revelations where your friends end up as zombies/dogs/monsters in different levels then....when I first experienced it in that game I really wondered why other games weren't doing that as well but I'm happy that ZombiiU has it now though. Still not decided on this or Black Ops 2....hmmm...

Get both, I am.

I'm excited for this. But think it'll be the biggest disappointment of the year.

I'm excited for this. But think it'll be the biggest disappointment of the year.

It looks amazing. I think with every video I see it looks better and betters.

Plus, can it really get worse reviews than Resident Evil 6 - which surely is a more hyped game?

I dont think anyone is expecting ZombiU to win many awards, but i am expecting a pretty good game with a fresh take on the survival horror genre; i am sure it'll be well received. While some of the usual suspects may take exception to it because its on a Nintendo console, and consider some of the gameplay "gimicky", i am confident it'll have good, if not outstanding, reviews.

It looks amazing. I think with every video I see it looks better and betters.

Plus, can it really get worse reviews than Resident Evil 6 - which surely is a more hyped game?

I don't doubt it will be better than that. Thing is, this game and it's ideas have the potential to be a truly truly incredible game. And I don't think it will love up to that. I think it will be very good, some amazing ideas, but with many issues.

I worry about the difficulty; I worry about the one life idea slipping away and giving you now genuine sense of connection, I worry about the character, weapons and obectives not being implemented to give the genuine sense of surivival.

So my issue is more about my expectations and what I feel the games potential is. Rather than the game itself. I'm sure it'll be very good.

I really hope the game does well though, because the potential for a series is vast!

Nintendo is due a series like Left 4 Dead and the like... and in a sequel Ubisoft could maybe think about implementing things such as Online Co-Op, and creating more of an Open World setting etc.. etc...

Sure the first game in the series starts in London, but a sequel could open with you emerging out of a deserted Channel Tunnel into Europe, and a Threequel could go anywhere!

I agree that some gameplay mechanics will give the Surivial-Horror genre a bit of a boost, because they sound like they'll strengthen the immersion in the game, which makes for bigger shock effects.

However, Zombies just don't really do it for me when it comes to genuinely being scared or freaked out.

Silent Hill and Slender, now those games genuinely had me grabbing for my Kirby doll for protection.

Still unsure, whether I'll ever get this or not.