NEurope

Yeah the women from Ubisoft does mention the writing on walls. She says you get a blacklight later in the game and can reveal hidden messages that are around including those left by your friends. Sound cool.

But if it doesn't then how the hell does it act as a TV remote?

It's an IR transmitter (remote control) and receiver (what we saw with the pedometer during the Wii Fit U trailer). The Wii Remote works completely different with the black strip above/below the TV emitting the infra-red and the Wii Remote calculating it's position based on the location of those using an IR camera.

It's an IR transmitter (remote control) and receiver (what we saw with the pedometer during the Wii Fit U trailer). The Wii Remote works completely different with the black strip above/below the TV emitting the infra-red and the Wii Remote calculating it's position based on the location of those using an IR camera.

Well surely including both an IR transmitter and reciever wouldn't come at too high a cost and solve this positional problem...

Well surely including both an IR transmitter and reciever wouldn't come at too high a cost and solve this positional problem...

It's the IR camera which is missing from the Wii U GamePad. I'm guessing that it's one of the more expensive parts in the Wii Remote too which is why they've dropped it. There's a bit more info about it here.

Really wish they'd kept it though.

Video at the bottom looks like it's showing a new build, graphics look much improved especially on the zombies.

zu_comiccon_conceptart_nurse.jpg

zu_comiccon_conceptart_nursery_laundry.jpg

zu_comiccon_nursery_kitchen_zombies.jpg

zu_comiccon_screenshot_-nursery_nurse_date.jpg

zu_comiccon_screenshot_safehouse_rebirth.jpg

Edited by madeinbeats

Sexy as fook. The videos are great and the visuals seem improved over the e3 version.

zombiunurserytrailer0b7zz8.gif

Edited by bryanee

I still have major problems with the torch. It's the same however close you are to stuff, but it would expand and contract depending... Irritates me so much!

More screenshots:

e3-red-steel-screens-20060501034051480.jpg

red_steel_2.jpg

red-steel-20060509074909942_640w.jpg

Looks amazing!

Getting a really huge Red Steel 1 vibe from this. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Getting a really huge Red Steel 1 vibe from this. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I'd say it's a good thing.

Means your eyes are working.

Sexy as fook. The videos are great and the visuals seem improved over the e3 version.

zombiunurserytrailer0b7zz8.gif

No kidding! Here's a vid from the E3 build to compare

It's almost like it's coming from two completely different consoles :o

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. The concept sounds fantastic and looks to be well executed... on the other hand it's coming from these guys...

ubisoft.jpg

Please let this game be good!

I feel exactly the same.

I'd take more survival-horror over all this shootin' any day.

The concept sounds promising, but it could end up quite generic.

I certainly do hope not though.

Is there any word on if it'll work online and in what way?

Any idea if this will have Wii remote support?

I wish it would but given how heavily they are using the GamePad's screen I unfortunately doubt it :(

Ooh, this thread is getting embracing. People are taking those screenshots as serious...

Ooh, this thread is getting embracing.

Yeah, I've been embracing these screens for the past hour and I only have a semi.

Ooh, this thread is getting embracing. People are taking those screenshots as serious...

Which screen shots? Not sure why the Red Steel ones were posted, doesn't apply to Zombie U IF you watch the videos.

Please let this game be good!

If they pull it off it could easily be a continued revival for the horror franchise on WiiU. It's got A LOT of interest, they just need back it up with a good game.

Well played, mate. Well played! :D

The first two are concept, not much difference between the real thing (bar the zombie woman)

bullshot-comparison.jpg

Edited by madeinbeats
Automerged Doublepost

I still have major problems with the torch. It's the same however close you are to stuff, but it would expand and contract depending... Irritates me so much!
Although it could seem like lazy design, not having real time lighting and shadows from the torch itself... maybe it's a concious decision. Perhaps they tried it and found having the torch for example brightly concentrating a lot of it's light on a table in front of you, and then the rest of the beam very dim on the far wall; and the light source constantly changing with the environment in a very real way, made it too difficult for you to see your enemies properly as they weren't illuminated enough and could too easily stay out of your light source; as well as constantly changing light being a bit distracting.

How's it handled in Silent Hill and Alan Wake?

How's it handled in Silent Hill and Alan Wake?

In Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, the torch is a thing of wonder. It works exactly as it should, and everything casts its own real-time shadow.

My god, I want to play that game again right now.

Anyway, ZombiU looks really really neat - it might be my first must-have launch title. On paper, the concept sounds really really good - like how a zombie horror game should be. Pretty much embarrasses the shit out of Resident Evil 6, to be honest, although that isn't terribly difficult. The game itself is looking strong too, so I just hope it all comes together like it should.

I'm going on the footage not the screens.