NEurope

I'm a bit confused as to the layout of this game. So each time you start in the same location, a safe house and then what do you do? Walk/run all the way to the place you last were? Because that way it seems there is just one linear story?

From what I saw in the video you spawn in a hub, this hub can then transport you to the location you want to go. So you don't need to run all the way to visit the locations. ( unless you haven't finished the quests in the previous location )

Would've nice if each character had there own specific mission too? Try and find their zombie wife and kill her? Get a wedding ring from their house eric etc. will add a really simple, emotional tie to the story and the disparate characters. Hope they have different stats and abilities. Could be great. NE character could just be a kid, really fast, but rubbish with weapons and such. The scope for this game is unreal, but I feel it will be a more simple FPS than that. Will still e great though.

Also, that torch is doing my head in, it has the same rings of light. Cheap. The rings would grow and shrink depending in how close it was to the object it was pointing at.

Would've nice if each character had there own specific mission too?

Then it would be like any other game. I'm glad they are doing something something new.

Then it would be like any other game. I'm glad they are doing something something new.

Huh, why would it?! I don't mean change anything about the game or its structure or its idea. I just mean there being a personal mission too, completely optional. Almost like a side quest I suppose.

Huh, why would it?! I don't mean change anything about the game or its structure or its idea. I just mean there being a personal mission too, completely optional. Almost like a side quest I suppose.

Ahh. I misunderstood you. That is a fantastic idea :) that's something I would like to see in the game.

I thought you ment that you failed/respawned if you didn't complete your goals.

This game is looking better and better! that last video sold me on it

Wonder if there is a Zombie Royal Family? Or Children in that Nursery?

Excellent video, I seriously doubt this started as a Wii game.

You're right to doubt that. It started as a 360/PS3 game.

Not if there are enough zombies. It'd be frantic having to go to cover team mates whilst they have to work on getting a door open or something, especially when you have limited ammo/weapons.

Yeah it could make the atmosphere way more scary, shocking and unpredictable. Not saying that this will be in the game but allow me to share an idea: You are playing through the story as per usual, then a buddy or two decides to pop in via Miiverse. Both of you walk round the corner with your flash lights and see eachother and scream like bitches flashing the light on eachothers faces, almost blasting eachothers brains out! :laughing:

You guys part during some point of the level to kill two zombi'z with one shell, then when you guys meet back up.... one has been Zombified :eek:

The current survivor would have to keep motions aside, which would be challenging as you see your friends real face that's been Zombified and you both have endured through so much :weep: , and wedge an axe half way in his/her skull. Epic.

I'm not really a zombie nut either but this has indeed demonstrated how I, or one, can become interested in something that they're not usually interested in - using mere creativity.

Lastly, is it just me or is the ZOMBI U font reminiscent of YouTube's?.. I wonder if there'll be some sort of connection between the two, even if it's just that the main character is watching YouTube vids of Zombi's looting buckingham palace :laughing:

Regardless of online, I'll keep an eye on this game. I currently feel like I most likely will make it a get judging by the story alone. If somehow it is 'timetrial' (which I don't understand how?) then I'll probably pass, sadly.

It would likely be a Resident Evil 4 scenario.

It would oly be like Resi Evil 4 if they announced it was coming to other platforms before they released the thing on the Wii U and thus robbing people of a reason to go buy it since they already own hardware they can play it on when it eventually turns up. Still, I guess that would be more favourable than buying hardware for an exclusive game only for it to turn up else where 6 months down the line. No escaping it hurting the original platform's sales figures though.

That developer vid from IGN did look a lot better though than some of the other videos floating about. A lot of wandering around in the dark, mind, for some cheap scares but I guess it's fair game given the scenario. Still not blown away graphically or anything, perhaps it looks a little nicer than I initially gave it credit for, but seeing the game played in a more structured manner and hearing the woman talk about it made it sound more involved than perhaps it has been coming across.

I thought the Resi Evil 4 situation was the game's producer saying something like "I'll chop my own head off if it gets ported the PS2." and then getting ported to PS2 when the GameCube sales weren't as good as expected.

I thought the Resi Evil 4 situation was the game's producer saying something like "I'll chop my own head off if it gets ported the PS2." and then getting ported to PS2 when the GameCube sales weren't as good as expected.

Shinji Mikami did say something along those lines, yes, and then as soon as the game was done, he left Capcom.

The decision to port it to the PS2 was taken before the game even released on the GC and wasn't made by him. They said about 3 months before it's GC release that it was coming to the PS2 with potential extras and there was no way that would have aided sales of the GC version when PS2 owners knew they'd get it eventually.

Didn't the game sell loads better on the GC than PS2?!

1.6 million on the GC versus 2 million on the PS2. The Wii version stands at just under 2 million.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Automerged Doublepost

Shane makes a good point about the talk of this going multiplatform in the new Invisiable Walls:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-special-invisible-walls/732043

He basically says it's bollocks, because to play it on the Playstation, you'll need people who own both a PS3 AND a Vita, and to play it on the 360 you people who also own an iPad, bothe of which are very expensive options, where as the Wii U is one system, so he doesn't think the market is there to do that.

Plus he also says it's very much built around the controls and functions of the Game Pad and would be surprised if you could get the same experience (especially the multiplayer modes) out of the Vita let alone an iPad.

He basically says it's bollocks, because to play it on the Playstation, you'll need people who own both a PS3 AND a Vita, and to play it on the 360 you people who also own an iPad, bothe of which are very expensive options, where as the Wii U is one system, so he doesn't think the market is there to do that.

OK I didn't see the MS conference (or paid much attention to 360 stuff in a while) so when did it happen that the 360 (a Microsoft product) can get interconectivity with an iPad (an Apple product)?

Is this madness or Sparta?:blank:

They're developing something called Smart Glass which is basically them trying to prepare for/copy the Wii U.

OK I didn't see the MS conference (or paid much attention to 360 stuff in a while) so when did it happen that the 360 (a Microsoft product) can get interconectivity with an iPad (an Apple product)?

With smartglass the xbox will connect to most tablets [Android/ios/win8]

The lack of an IR pointer on both of those methods (which I can actually do, but I'm not interested in either at all) means that it still doesn't provide the same functionality (for example, the scanning).

The lack of an IR pointer on both of those methods (which I can actually do, but I'm not interested in either at all) means that it still doesn't provide the same functionality (for example, the scanning).

Does the Wii U Game Pad actually have an IR pointer? I thought it was using just it's motion sensors like the Wii Remote Plus in Skyward Sword.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Does the Wii U Game Pad actually have an IR pointer? I thought it was using just it's motion sensors like the Wii Remote Plus in Skyward Sword.

Unless they've improved it tenfold over Skyward Sword, I don't see why they would throw away the most accurate way of pointing at the screen.

Unless they've improved it tenfold over Skyward Sword, I don't see why they would throw away the most accurate way of pointing at the screen.

I agree but I don't believe it's stated that the Game Pad actually has this functionality. It has an IR transmitter/receiver but that's different to what the Wii Remote has.

IGN developer demo. @Cube, nice rain effects. Includes some nice U Pad footage. The sound effects in the break down videos are really clearly captured. Just hope they send that Lucy Cox to the orthodontist before release.

Above footage broken down , no commentary, includes in game sound effects:

Edited by madeinbeats

I wonder if the survivors all starting in the same place is just because it's a demo or if that's how it'll be in the end game. I was sort of hoping it'd change up where you started from too, just to add to the disorientation.

The more I see of this, the more I want it.

Although, I'm not looking forward to using dual analogue, again. Wish there was a way in which you could incorporate Wiimote controls along with the Gamepad screen.

Anyone seen the video with the guy from ubisoft? Very interesting. No online co op (unsurpringly common and worrying theme on the wii u) but detailed the social stuff. Sounds great. Your dead zombies can show in random peoples games and you get a message saying your zombie we so and so or so and so killed you!! Etc. the more this is done the more airdrops with supplies enter your game.

You can write graffiti (in invisible paint) on walls which turns up in random peoples games. This can be LIKED, the more popular something is, the more it will get distributed.

He also mentioned that team are really working on the multiplayer. I really hope it's online but we all know it won't be. But his excuse of it doesn't work is bull. Imagine 2 v 2, one on each team being the pulletmaster, doing the strategy, and one being the grunt on the floor doing what they need to do. Could be incredible... But alas...