NEurope

Wii U Exclusive Trailer

Awesome trailer!

Questionable name (could change/be a placeholder).

Although that was a cutscene style trailer, this is the first time we're seeing trailers like this with HD visuals on the Wii U! :D

Let's just hope we can upgrade our scanners.

Edited by Dog-amoto

The name is such a tortured way to put a U in the title. Love a good zombie game though, hopefully this will be as good as it looks.

I hope it's more like original RE or RE4/Revelations than RE5 or just a shooter with zombies. Really liked the trailer, something cool about seeing where you live with zombies and a soundtrack of "God Save the Queen" on the Jubilee weekend!

Well, judging by the rough arsed graphics, it makes you wonder if we will see game play of this tomorrow (today.)

What rough arsed graphics? Additionally, I much prefer this over Killer Freaks From Outer Space and will probably buy it.

Killer Freaks from Outer Space = Awesome

Zombies = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not sure if it was what was in the Nintendo Direct, but actually, does kinda make sense with the zombie palace guard.

Killer Freaks from Outer Space = Awesome

Zombies = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tbf we haven't seen gameplay from this yet. It could have humour to it, given the music was kind of a funny choice, and the look of the beefeater in that image.

Looking forward to seeing gameplay.

To be honest though, this might be a repeat of Red Steel. Super hyped prior to the Wii's launch, then slammed and forgotten, probably damaging the Wii's potential reputation as an FPS platform.

This is hugely disappointing news. After the positive start last night, today has seriously dampened things. Worried the games industry doesn't take Nintendo seriously, ea ignored them completely, we though Nintendo forced a blackout, but no. And barring AC3 the only ubi offerings are family games and the worlds most generic FPS, with three of their biggest franchises not coming at all...

You can argue that zombi u is them taking it seriously, but I see it as the usual half arsed ubisoft gamble like red steel was.

Hope I'm proven disastrously wrong, but we've been here before and the signs are not promising!

Betting we will see gameplay of this during the Nintendo conference (fuck knows why).

I suppose they could go from a different angle, namely 'this is how the controller is used'. For example that interview reveals that you'll be able to scan your face and map it on a zombie. That kind of thing will probably be a big thing Nintendo wants to sell to show off the GamePad's features.

Info:

ZombiU headlines a group of eight titles from Ubisoft that will be available for the Nintendo Wii UTM.

Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio behind critically acclaimed titles like From DustTM, Beyond Good & Evil® and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter®, ZombiU puts players in the middle of London circa 2012, where an outbreak has infected the population, destroying their humanity and turning them into mindless monsters preying on the flesh of the few remaining survivors. This fear-fueled first-person shooter takes all the terror, chaos and tension found in the best of the horror genre and adds original interactive elements, including a unique death mechanic that puts players in the body of a different survivor each time they die, allowing them to track and take down their old, infected characters, recover their equipment and see if they can stay alive just a little bit longer this time.

ZombiU showcases the innovative features of the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad and creates new game experiences not possible on other consoles. The Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad serves as the player’s ultimate survival kit, called the “Bug Out Bag.” The Bug Out Bag is a backpack containing all the maps, tools, weapons and supplies that players can scavenge from the limited resources available in the devastated cityscape. ZombiU also uses the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad’s touch screen, gyroscope and camera to create a tactile connection between gamers and the in-game world. Finally, ZombiU features a distinctive multiplayer adversarial mode that allows one player to take on the role of “Zombie Master,” spawning and controlling enemies from a top-down view on the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad while the second player fights for survival on the big screen in first-person shooter view with the Nintendo Wii UTM Pro controller.

“ZombiU is a dark and daunting game that gamers will love to play again and again,” said Guilaume Brunier, producer at Ubisoft. “ZombiU takes advantage of the Nintendo Wii U’s one-of-a-kind capabilities and will be a launch title that every gamer will want to sink their teeth into.”

For more information on ZombiU, please visit the official ZombiU website (http://www.zombiu.com) and facebook.com/zombiugame

Ubisoft 1986 game was;

eLTTI.jpg

Edited by Dante

That multiplayer mode is exactly what killer freaks had so that's good, sounded great.

I really hope this is awesome. Can't wait to see it in action!!

Going to bed late, means getting up late, which means nintendos conference is sooner. Blow us away Nintendo!!

including a unique death mechanic that puts players in the body of a different survivor each time they die, allowing them to track and take down their old, infected characters, recover their equipment and see if they can stay alive just a little bit longer this time

I just LOVE this idea! Genius!

Trailer looks brilliant and the info sounds good. All we need is some actual footage to back it all up.

One thing worries me. In that info section where it mentions the multiplayer, it specifically states that the other players will be using the Pro Pad. I hope Wiimote support is included. As great as this sounds, I don't really want to use dual analogue again for a shooter.

Amazing trailer. I always thought that Killer Freaks had commercial flop written all over it. Chuck Zombies in though and you could see some cash coming in, after all, everyone loves Zombies at the moment.

Personally, I like this change!

Hope this plays as well as it reads.

A bit of a shame that killer freaks is now this. Both coming out would of been nice. But can't have it all :-/

Well thats certainly mature for Nintendo

I like it! (wheres that Thor gif of him smashing a cup when i need it)

Its a shame about killer freaks, but if they keep similar elements within this it should be alright, besides i've been waiting since those terrible Getaway games for a decent London done in a game

Might be quite good this