NEurope
Ashley

Site Redesign & Forum Issues

I used to have it left-aligned and now it looks weird any other way. I would love the n-europe scheme but instead of centred, have it leftinated :laughing:

That's like asking ReZ to stop being ReZdiculous or Cube to stop being square.

I would have switched to having the forum left-aligned like it's supposed to be if I'd been able to, but I'm already getting used to everything being centered, so it's all good.

The syncing of Forum and Main Website is brilliant, guys. The forum now feels like an extension of the site and vice versa, rather them feeling like two segregated sections. It looks wonderful. Being able to use the same account/profile to comment on news and forum posts is excellent. :)

Also, I'm using the full width option. It just feels so lovely and fresh. :D

I can't get on the site at all through Virgin Media. Have switched off my wifi and am posting this on my phone.

Have tried doing that DNS flushing thing with no luck :(

Can you ask Ellmeister to try resetting his password

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

I have to nip out til this evening but I'll make a general announcement re: resetting passwords when I get back, and maybe set up a form for anyone still having problems.

I think he may be having the same problem as me if he can't get on the site at all. Like I said, I can access it through Orange 3G, and I managed to get on it at my dad's house using Sky Broadband. But it's Virgin Media that are causing the problem and I don't know how to fix it :(

Great job on the redesign by the way. Looks superb :)

I think he may be having the same problem as me if he can't get on the site at all. Like I said, I can access it through Orange 3G, and I managed to get on it at my dad's house using Sky Broadband. But it's Virgin Media that are causing the problem and I don't know how to fix it :(

It was working fine for me on Virgin Media...

Try using the OpenDNS or Google DNS servers rather than the default?

Just an idea, but maybe it's time to get rid of that N-Europe News section in the forums. If people want to comment on the news, they can easily do it on the main site now. It doesn't really make sense to have this one as well, and only about four people ever post comments there...ever.

Really liking the new design. Well played everyone involved.

Yep, loving the feel of the main site and the forums being integrated, especially with the comments section! :D Always found it impractical to have two separate accounts. Though you probably should get rid of the news portion of the forums now.

I'm not experiencing any of the aforementioned problems, by the way. :)

I couldn't get on with Virgin Media yesterday and I came home from work at about midnight still unable to get on. I changed my DNS to Google's and that fixed it.

This page tells you how.

@Shorty I am still unable to login to the front page with my forum details. I get this error:

Notice joomla_int: User Update: Email Conflict. UserID: 123 JFusionPlugin: joomla_int

Finally onto the site! Not sure what happened, I followed the DNS flush advice to no avail and was reluctant to try the google DNS as I don't call myself advanced!

I instead preferred to moan to Ashley, Charlie (ergo indirectly to Shorty) and pretty much anyone else who would put up with my moaning!

Liking the new layout! Thanks for all the time and effort put in by you guys.

@Shorty I am still unable to login to the front page with my forum details. I get this error:

Will PM you about this.

Finally onto the site! Not sure what happened, I followed the DNS flush advice to no avail and was reluctant to try the google DNS as I don't call myself advanced!

Nobody calls you advanced.

Keep getting this while moving about the forum... and having to refresh.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yeah seems we hit a bit of a bump. Contacted Shorty but he's enjoying some much needed time off at the moment.

I'm stil having trouble with the dns thing on my pc. I've done the flushdns thing and changed my dns to the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 thing to get onto Googles thing but it still says it's down for maintenence. Even restarted as well and nothing (checked to se of the the new dns settings were there and they were.)

So dunno what to do now :(

EDIT: Managed to get on the forums on the PC on n-europeforums.com/http://www.n-europe.com/forum/, but the homepage still isn't giving me anything.

EDIT EDIT: Alright... weirds. I decided to change the DNS settings back to auto and then things got screwy. The main page would load up but anything clicked on would say the link isn't on the server and clicking on forum said Firefox is being directed to something that wouldn't complete. But given a minute or two and everything seems fine... for now.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I do love the integration between site and forums, again well done on all the hard work everyone.

Service Unavailable

User has reached the maximum amount of processes while being limited, Webmaster: please contact support. (9)

This pops up once in a while when trying to load a page.

Service Unavailable

User has reached the maximum amount of processes while being limited, Webmaster: please contact support. (9)

This pops up once in a while when trying to load a page.

I keep getting that too