NEurope
D_prOdigy

PRE-E3 NINTENDO DIRECT Conference

That was one hell of a cheesy promo for video chat/ Wii social etc, but it got the point across

Anyway the final Controller design is awesome and will certainly shut up quite a few detractors who complained about the sticks!

and WiiU pad Pro = WIN, that will please loads of people

roll on E3 and the main presentation

No achievements mentioned. Accounts was mentioned though. Everything looking hunky so far. Miiverse is a great concept and all the social stuff looks awesome!

Liked the look of that Wii U Pro Controller. And seems most of those rumours about a big step forward in terms of online were true. He didn't mention it (or did he and it went over my head) but definitely looks account based and looks to be exactly what they wanted Wii Connect 24 to be which shows that they're serious about making the Nintendo Network a proper online platform.

Strange to have an almost confirmation that the conference on Tuesday will focus almost solely on Wii U titles, with other opportunities being used for the 3DS. Not sure about that idea but must mean they've got a lot to show game-wise for the Wii U.

Tuesday is indeed going to be interesting.

Gearbox: "hey can you copy the xbox360 contoller?"

Nintendo: "Okay"

ii4CBCCEPVm5n.png

Edited by Dante

All in all I loved it. Nintendo takes the social network side of things and puts it's own spin on it.

The controller looks and sounds great, all the possibilities are running wild. I can see a game like Animal Crossing being suited beautifully to the Miiverse stuff.

Roll on Tuesday!

No 3DS at E3 pretty much then. All Wii U. 2 conferences of games games games - there must be fucking LOADS :)

Oh, and NSMB Mii looked so much better. LOVE the comments idea for all games.

That wii u demonstration video was hilariously terrible.

He DID mention accounts. Can't remember exactly, but basically said everyone in the house would have their own account.

The controller is great, basically an xbox controller - which in turn is very similar to a gamecube pad... I'm concerned about the right stick being above the buttons rather than below them though. Might be awkward.

Was a bit iffy about that player interaction part when that funny dude resorted to 'using his phone' to call someone from the Wiiu community thing, ..... but then Nintendo delivered!

Guys, Nintendo have a vision and they have finally shown it to us. Maybe it isn't 'IT' just yet but it's 'it'-enough!!!!!!!!!!! Such class and I got goosebumps when Iwata bigged up Shigeru. :D

Miiverse :bouncy:

Xbox Live is boring. This naturally injects 'fun' into that concept. Day one purchase becuase I have gained so much faith after watching that bible. Joy from the heavens that is Nintendo, indeed!

I love the way he ended it like E3 has already been 0wn3d :laughing: Luvim!! :heart::love::heart:

The controller looks great but the right stick needs to switch places with the buttons. It's not a problem as the CC Pro is comfortable enough, I just prefer the design to be more like the 360 pad.

The biggest disappointment for me was any mention of a cross game party chat feature. I'm still hoping that they will show this on Tuesday...

*Well thank you forums for only just letting me on*

Thoughts:

- Wii U Pro Controller = Xbox 360 controller = Decent enough Win!!

- What did he say would stop people posting spoilers/spoilers being posted in the Mii Universe pop-up notes at stages during a game?

- Mii U is a better name than Wii U

- No mention of the proper online 'Nintendo Network' system was a bit worrying.

Edited by Retro_Link

Am I the only one who pictured "gamerguy" and "non-descript-actionfigure" as ReZ and an Invincible figure?

I was? Oh...

Well, I called the dual UI thingy - but not exactly like this.

I'm really not sure of this whole Miiverse thing, it could be incredibly annoying. The one thing that caught my eye is that people were commenting on Mario dying - can we watch others' games?

The wide view on the TV just looks barren, and the chatter unnecessary. I guess the other view will be similar to the 3DS UI. Its great to see Nintendo finally delivering some mobile/browser apps.

I'm happy with the Miiverse concept. I think it's really going to bring some community to the games you like and the fact that it could actually be IN the game is awesome.

That acting was even worse than Microsofts Kinect demonstrations.

When they announced the web browser curtain, I just stripped down naked and started chanted wara wara

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Strange to have an almost confirmation that the conference on Tuesday will focus almost solely on Wii U titles, with other opportunities being used for the 3DS. Not sure about that idea but must mean they've got a lot to show game-wise for the Wii U.

I'd imagine that it's to show all of the new games and also demonstrate how these new cool features will be incorporated.

The controller looks great but the right stick needs to switch places with the buttons. It's not a problem as the CC Pro is comfortable enough, I just prefer the design to be more like the 360 pad.

Same here! Way more comfortable and practical - like the cube controller.

Lastly guys: Finally enough with this U-Tablet nonsense - it's the uPad :D

Edited by Beverage

Well, I called the dual UI thingy - but not exactly like this.

I'm really not sure of this whole Miiverse thing, it could be incredibly annoying. The one thing that caught my eye is that people were commenting on Mario dying - can we watch others' games?

I reckon it will just create some sort of checkpoint when you die and link it to where you died and see what they said.

So, what I took from it really:

Analogue sticks - great

Clickable analogue sticks - great!

No information on whether L + R are analogue.

Motion sensing and gyro controls - didn't realise it had both

Wii U Controller Pro - looks good, but will mainly be for multiformat, right? Nintendo titles will use the screen. In fact, this should be confirmation that using the screen is not mandatory at all. By the way, please tell me these controllers are all rechargeable and don't use AA batteries! Or, for that matter, it doesn't plug into the Wii U Gamepad...

But, overall, not bad. I'm glad that stuff's out of the way for Tuesday.

I just saw it as purposefully cheesy, not like the awful rayman video; but they knew how stupid they were being. Got the point across. makes it look amazing, but how seamless and instant will the messaging be? Also, when he tries to call someone can he do that whatever game they are playing? Does it even "call" them if they're not even on the wii?!

Looks great but so many questions...

Excellent stuff in that and a world map in the new Mario :D

Yeah I thought that. Super Mario World style. Nice.