NEurope
BowserBasher

Lego Lord of the Rings

Haven't seen any mention of this on here yet.

Within the last month or so, it has been revealed that the next game is the Lego series is going to be Lego Lord of the Rings. Then just the other day, a trailer appeared showing Wii and 3DS along with the normal other formats.

Here is a link to the official Lego Lord of the Rings page with the trailer.

No word on weather this is how the game will be, with the voice acting, or if this is just done for the trailer. Either way, I can't wait for this game.

I think the voice acting will be in the game, however from the trailer it looks like Gandalf is about to say something after smelling the Balrog's breath (when it has an awkward cut to Frodo). I think that the actual game will have many "comedic" lines to fit in with the LEGO style. Which worked pretty well for the LEGO Star Wars short film.

Not having voice acting just seemed limiting for no real reason, anyway.

I was somewhat interested in this series when they released the very first Lego Star Wars, but I hit Lego game saturation before I had a chance to ever play any of the games.

I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for Traveller's Tales for being stuck making Lego game after Lego game until they stop being profitable or be happy for them because they've found their niche. Looking at Wikipedia, it doesn't seem like they've ever released anything else that was even remotely worthwhile, so maybe they lucked out with this franchise.

Nor me, interesting trivia!

I'm going to have to see some gameplay for this. I've got really tired of the same rinse and repeat mechanics. The gameplay is pretty repetitive for me unfortunately because I love the style and the cut scenes.

I think the voice acting will be in the game, however from the trailer it looks like Gandalf is about to say something after smelling the Balrog's breath.

Well they've obviously ripped the dialogue straight from the film, and if that's what they're doing for every cut-scene, there's not going to be many humours lines, just silent slap-stick comedy, unless Ian McKellen, Sean Bean & co. are currently recording some amusing dialogue for those special scenes in time for the games release.

Anywhoo, this is the first console LEGO game I'm intrested in since Indiana Jones, mainly due to the licence. I wonder if we'll see a LOTR & The Hobbit package released late 2013/14, and if this game does appear on Wii U, will City Stories, launch in the same period?

I had no idea they were responsible for

Sonic_R.jpg.

Plus Puggsy, Leander, Toy Story, Mickey Mania amongst others. I used to hang out with the cousins of the heads of the company (Jon & Dave Burton) when I was at school. I've still got the Puggsy t-shirt they gave me, and their 'review' of a homemade c64 game I tried to pitch to them. :)

Just found this video from E3 showing game footage and a discussion with one of the developers.

Voice acting is in, though it will be lines taken directly from the films and not additional dialogue.

They neither deny nor confirm that this will be on WiiU along with all other consoles.

I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for Traveller's Tales for being stuck making Lego game after Lego game until they stop being profitable or be happy for them because they've found their niche. Looking at Wikipedia, it doesn't seem like they've ever released anything else that was even remotely worthwhile, so maybe they lucked out with this franchise.

They are very much a one-trick pony.

Bored with the constant churning out of lego games.

Videogames about legos based on a movie based on a book?

The meta is blowing my mind!

I'm yet to buy a lego game, should I wait for this or get batman 2 if it is all going to be the same?

Sorry for the bump, I was wondering if anyone else picked this up? I managed to pick this up for the bargain price of £25 and am loving it. Quite possibly the best of the LEGO based film games. I've played through the first two films and will start on the final one when I have time to go through in one sitting. The voice acting in the cut scenes really does work well to this game.

Yeah, I played the 360 version the other week and think it's easily the best Lego game out of all the various versions there have been. Although I did enjoy the silent humour of the earlier Lego games, the proper voices from the LOTR films really bring the game to life on a whole new level.

Best moment for me? Riding around on a sheep with Sauron. If only that happened in the films :D

It's £20 in Asda at the moment on all formats if anyone is interested in picking it up.

Damn they need to make a Lego Nintendo game!

I'm sure something like Zelda or Mario could sustain it's own Lego game, but I'm sure the sales would be off the chart if they took a que from Smash Bros and combined all franchises into one adventure! :D

Lego Starfox could be amazing for one! Arwings etc... would look ace, and ships would explode into a shower of blocks!

Hopefully if Lego City Undercover sells well it could pave the way for it happening! (already some great Nintendo nods in that!)

It's £20 in Asda at the moment on all formats if anyone is interested in picking it up.

£20 for this game is an excellent buy. I've been playing it co-op and the entire package is fantastic. Best LEGO game yet for me.

They are very much a one-trick pony.

Bored with the constant churning out of lego games.

I found the Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Lego Batman games to be a lot of fun, i didnt really enjoy Harry Potter though and looking at Lord of the Rings i get the same vibe from that game. Some properties seem to be a better fit for the lego universe, i could totally see a lego x men or lego star trek working but for some reason fantasty stuff dosent seem to work as well.

Can I swing the Wii remote to use my sword? Seems odd just pressing B to be honest