NEurope
Mokong

Nintendo Conference (5.00pm - 5th June)

The biggest fear is the disastrous 3rd party support. It's unbelievably crap. It's way worse than even the Wii was which is saying something. This is the biggest botch of a console launch I've ever seen.

I've just realised, there is no Ridge Racer down as a launch title.

Things really are bad.

For the Wii U to be successful at launch, it needs Fifa (Europe) / Madden (America) & COD available at launch.

We have had no confirmation that any of these will be available.

I hope it is not for the 3ds. Unless it is a dual game like smash bros.

IF this is a launch window thing and all of these games really will come out for launch then the quality of third party support remains to be seen I suppose.

Can't have too many games in the launch window.

Eh what!

Ubisoft's CEO: Wii U content can be ported to smartphones/tablets

In order to better manage costs of Wii U development, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has said that the publisher will be able to port projects for Nintendo's new console to tablets and smartphones.

Speaking to press last night at an invitation-only event ahead of the company's E3 showing, Guillemot said while Wii U content can't be shared with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles there's more opportunity to recoup costs if a title isn't successful on a single touch-screen platform.

"The new content you can't port on the other machines but what you can do is to port it to mobile phones and to tablets. So it's a way to create content that you will be able to port on the generations of tablets or phones that work well - if you don't monetise it there you can monetise it on many other platforms."

"You have to do specific content to be monetised by the Wii U itself but it's also an opening to all the tablets and phones because it's a same system in in a way, the touch screen."

Today the publisher revealed all eight titles it's preparing for the launch window of the Wii U, covering core, casual, sports and fitness audiences.

New IP ZombiU, from Ubisoft Montpellier, is designed for the hardcore gamer, and will join Assassin's Creed III as an 18-rated game for the Nintendo console.

Catering to the casual audience that the Wii so successfully attracted are Just Dance 4 and Your Shape Fitness Evolved, while Rayman Legends and Rabbids Land are geared towards the family - central to Nintendo's vision of playing together. Completing the portfolio are Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth and Sports

I've just realised, there is no Ridge Racer down as a launch title.

Things really are bad.

For the Wii U to be successful at launch, it needs Fifa (Europe) / Madden (America) & COD available at launch.

We have had no confirmation that any of these will be available.

Peter Moore of EA just been interviewed and it wasn't greta news, they asked where was all this support Richatilo promised last year. He said it's a bad time to launch sports games but sports teams are working on wii u. Then hesitated on Medal of Honour and Need for speed and such... It just gets worse. EA develop for fucking anything...

Again, this conference, though maybe misguided, focused on launch window stuff only

Yeah they learned from the 3DS where the announced games for the upcoming year and beyond, which then people complained about as the actual launch line up was pap.

So with the WiiU they've done only the launch and the month or so after and its been taken the other way

Just like when they had loads of first party games announced the other year and everyone said they had no third party support

Then this year they have loads of thirdparty support (admittedly its a little crap as its mainly casual) and people are complaining where are the AAA first party titles

I fully expect a Metroid, Zelda, F-zero, Mario Kart, are coming next year, along with COD's, Watch Dog etc and just haven't been announced as they aren't ready and/or are concentrating on the launch window

Nintendo need to learn the middle road

Speaking of launch games that should exist - no super monkey ball - surely they could have come up with something for the game pad.

Peter Moore of EA just been interviewed and it wasn't greta news, they asked where was all this support Richatilo promised last year. He said it's a bad time to launch sports games but sports teams are working on wii u. Then hesitated on Medal of Honour and Need for speed and such... It just gets worse. EA develop for fucking anything...

Remind me again, what happened to the last console EA didn't fully support.

I am seeing a LOT of similarities between that console and the Wii U.

Speaking of launch games that should exist - no super monkey ball - surely they could have come up with something for the game pad.

Haha.. Sega have been destroying that franchise for years and now that they finally have the perfect controller for Super Monkey Ball, we hear nothing :heh:

I don't personally care, though :indeed:

What time is the dev round table? Is it tonight? Assume this wont be streamed live, but after hopefully we'll get a few new game drops??

Shit...

Maybe EA got pissed off when Nintendo refused to make Origin the exclusive Wii U online store?

Still that doesn't explain the complete absence of Activision! Especially when we already know pretty much for certain that BLOPS2 is coming to Wii U... (and no Skylanders is utterly ridiculous - especially considering that the damn tablet has NFC built in - Hell, Activision were one of the few 3rd parties that gave the Wii almost full support!!!)

3rd party support is not looking good. A bunch of late ports with tacked on Wii U stuff and once again Ubisoft are the only ones giving the Wii U (mostly) full support? Why even bother with the Wii U Controller Pro at this point!? This is all sounding very familiar...

Edited by Dcubed

Maybe they just haven't announced it yet

Either way it doesn't matter. If the Wii U isn't getting Fifa 13 then it's gonna be very hard for Nintendo to encourage existing Fifa fans to move from 360 and PS3 to the Wii U instead of 720 & PS4 (which will feature better graphics)

It's all about laying the foundations of future support. If they can't hit the ground running, then they're gonna be in trouble (and no, a late release of Fifa 13 is no good. If it isn't at launch, then there's no point in bothering)

It's the same problem as what PES on Wii had. The games were fantastic, but the first game came way too late (about 6 months after the PS360 version) and the window of opportunity just passed over Playmaker (of course, the franchise fell apart after that, but that's a different matter - and one that could've been prevented if Playmaker was given 1st class treatment)

Shit...

Maybe EA got pissed off when Nintendo refused to make Origin the exclusive Wii U online store?

Still that doesn't explain the complete absence of Activision! Especially when we already know pretty much for certain that BLOPS2 is coming to Wii U... (and no Skylanders is utterly ridiculous - especially considering that the damn tablet has NFC built in - Hell, Activision were one of the few 3rd parties that gave the Wii almost full support!!!)

3rd party support is not looking good. A bunch of late ports with tacked on Wii U stuff and once again Ubisoft are the only ones giving the Wii U (mostly) full support? Why even bother with the Wii U Controller Pro at this point!? This is all sounding very familiar...

How do we know BLOPS 2 is on the wii U?! Doubt it.

And no mention of NFC at all... in fact, they haven't shown any genius tablet use, or miiverse use, or online or anything like that, truly bizarre!

What time is the dev round table? Is it tonight? Assume this wont be streamed live, but after hopefully we'll get a few new game drops??

I think it's 9am tomorrow our time mate.

Activision confirms new Skylanders on Wii U, when asked about Black Ops 2 the response was "That hasn't been announced.. yet" or along those lines.

Treyarch themselves as-close-to-confirmed-without-confirming-it a while back, but you'd expect it to at least get a mention. Very confusing. This is why it's best to take a very firm 'if it isn't announced, it doesn't exist' line with these things.

I thought it was today the round table and tomorrow for 3DS

all in all though Nintendo have been best when you weigh it up, as they had 1 reveal sunday, more today, a round table, and hour of hand held tomorrow..... its more than MS and Sony

It's on at 6pm US, 3am UK. Fuck that.

3DS conference 2am our time

I can't believe people are actually questioning whether we'll get Fifa!

On reflection it was VERY dissapointing that we didn't get one of Waverace/1080/Starfox/F-Zero/Metroid etc...

But then we all knew Nintendo's 3 games would be what they were (Pikmin 3, Mario and a Casual title), so that has to lead you to believe that Retro are working on one of Nintendo's key franchises. Although a new IP would be brilliant!

Out of interest what do the Waverace team... was it NST or something like that?... work on nowadays?

Initially I was very unhappy about the conference and now I'm just really confused. What is coming out or not and when is very unclear, 3rd parties are being very cryptic in an unhelpful way (most likely due to Nintendo) and I just don't understand how it's managed to get like this.

I can understand that the CoDs and Medal of Honours of this world might not be that original but it's important to know that they are going to be on Wii U. Nintendo seem to just be confusing people by spending 10s of minutes explaining features of the system that don't need to be, showing off games like Arkham City and generally missing the point.

Frankly, the whole thing sets alarm bells ringing for me, including Reggie not believing that people shouldn't pay the full amount for what will be a 1 year old game. I'm going to be leaving the system WELL alone til a good year after release and see how it's looking then.

The 3DS is tomorrow night. It's tomorrow for US and the following 2am for us

Right so, but the dev round table is 11/11:30pm'ish in LA, so that is 7/7:30am for us here... Can anyone clarify this?

EDIT*** Looking on Twitter, a few people are saying 7:30am tomorrow... Some big games have first been announced at round tables in the past... not to get anyone's hopes up here lol...

Edited by madeinbeats