NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2

E3 trailer. This is trailer is a big spoiler for those who never finished the first game.

That music! That ending!!!! Yup, it's E3! :D

Well, then I got spoiled, although I don't understand with what:laughing:

Was that Alucard?

HAS TO COME TO WIIU GOD DAMNIT!

I really enjoyed the first game, even though it had serious problems with collision and horrible attack telegraphing. It was still one of the better games I played in 2010 though. Really wouldn't mind more of the same, but with the problems I mentioned improved on, and for it to perhaps have more of a sense of its own identity rather than borrowing from classic games.

Well, then I got spoiled, although I don't understand with what:laughing:

Was that Alucard?

HAS TO COME TO WIIU GOD DAMNIT!

It does spoiler LoS but then with a direct sequel, it's hard to think how they could really go about doing something that didn't refer to events of the first game - especially given what it was. I don't own LoS but I read all about it long ago so I knew what I was looking at. Having read the Eurogamer blurb, you won't really be able to read much about the game without theat spolier being clarified.

And yes, that certainly does look as though it could be Alucard - long white hair and big sword normally means Alucard.

Quite surprised they still have you playing as Gabriel though - thought they would have had you as someone else in this one... for obvious reasons.

Certainly looks impressive but then the original always looked the part too.

Have they made it clear who you'll be playing? Gabriel is framed as the antagonist in that trailer, as far as Castlevania tradition goes.

If they're going to have you play as Alucard, I'd love if they included certain aspects that were synonymous with Symphony of The Night; a more continuous and contiguous world and leveling.

In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers - and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."

Reading that, from Eurogamer, it sure sounds as though that's how it plays. Perhaps the scene as depicted in the trailer is taken from the end of the game and the big finale because he seems awfully powerful there already. That last line hints at maybe getting to play as someone else too. The new and powerful threat could be Alucard who would now actually be part of the Belmont line.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Yeah, makes sense, but it's a bit of a departure for the series to allow you to play as Dracula. It's good though, the series needs a bit of a shake up. The settings from the first game were a little hit or miss, so I'm hoping they keep it more focused this time around; the original could have done with around 4 hours shaved off the play time.

You do get to play as Dracula in 2 of the CV games (Aria and Dawn of Sorrow) ... but he's a good Dracula with the potential for evil as shown in their cutscenes/bonus modes.

Doing it this way though is completely unheard of the series so it will be interesting to see how they handle it. As least it's in another universe so they can just forget it if the fans hate it without it twisting the "canon".

I did read a lot of reviews that stated the game would have been far better with a few hours knocked off of the clock. Not because it was bad, but because those extra bits weren't adding another constructive in a gameplay sense - it was just more of the same instead of something unique to that segment.

Thanks for the spoiler heads up @Hero\-of\-Time!

Guess this is just an epic E3 trailer/game I'll have to stay away from for now!

Just watched the trailer over at GT as it seems CoolFunk's link doen't work anymore.

Hmm... not too sure what to say really. Maybe I'm just a bit confused at trying to work out when this game takes place, especially given the earlier trailer. It would seem that is point at which he was put to sleep, which begs the question of how strong Alucard must be, and now the game takes place in the modern day - something that won't mean much really unless we get to explore outside his castle.

It's definitely interesting, whatever direction they're heading in.

Looks excellent. Really enjoyed the first game and this sequel is also available on PC so 60 fps constantly if ported well. Cannot wait.

I feel like I've been waiting a 1000 years for this game, the first is one of my favourite games of the generation and dat ending.

Yes, the original one was a good game, even tough it really did not feel like a true Castlevania game, and the combat became a bit repetitive after a while, not to mention grinding bosses, with repetitive one-liners. It seems like some sort of improvements have been done, but we'll see if they are any good.

The only thing that annoys me right now, is... I don't know, did they use an early build on that trailer, or what? Cause some of the scenes outside of FMV's look like something out of PS2.

The first felt exactly like a true Castlevania game and by that I mean the none Metroidvania ones. The ones on the Nes and Snes.

Anyway new gameplay trailer

Sign in to follow this