NEurope
Beast

Do You Believe?

yes I do, still waiting to go back to my home planet, bastards left me behind :(

I agree with all of the above (apart from the pyramid bit, i mean rolf-rolf right?).

There almost certainly are aliens. They almost probably are intelligent to some degree. If they ever do get here, they will probably be as intelligent compared to us as we are to a snail, and therefore we won't be able to comprehend them. Or something.

First off, I'm not interested in ordinary people. But, if any of you are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come see me. That is all.

Plus I'm haunted by a ghost and a demon.

I only believe in the cool aliens, like asari and turians.

I don't believe in volus. :blank:

Volus are real! :D Sorry to break the news to you and they are the most awesome.

I don't want to say intelligent here really but I think the 'intelligent' opinion is that, given the scale of the universe, it's near impossible for there not to be other forms of life out there.

Oh crap you said it. :X What have you done......the portal it's opening....I AM BEING SUCKED INTO THE ALIEN...

V

O

R

T

E

X

My eyes, they are bleeeeeding. I can see the truth, I can see ReZ's true identity I can see...

*gets the bottom half of his body mutilated by the rip in time, the other makes it safely across to the other side*

The idea of the pyramids lining up with Orion's Belt is like one of the theories that was put forward saying that 3 lines in a specific Nazca line drawing matched the positions of the stars in Orion's Belt. It neglects the fact that there are hundreds/thousands more lines, just as the pyramids lining up neglects that there are/were hundreds of pyramids in Egypt. Doesn't hold much weight to it, especially when you consider that star positions change as the year goes on and so it seems that someone has just drawn a line from a pyramid that matches a star in the Belt and come to this frankly nonsensical idea.

Do like listening to/reading about all the theories surrounding ancient civilisations and either their constructions or artwork and possible extraterrestrial connections, even if they are all unfounded. I mentioned the Nazca lines there and there's a theory that they were runways for alien space craft :laughing:

Anyway, yeah like everyone else, I do believe there is life out there. Impossible for there not to be, be it in a single cell form or an intelligent form. Will we ever meet any of it out there? Possibly but there are so many things to overcome that it'll be centuries before it's even possible to consider.

*gets the bottom half of his body mutilated by the rip in time, the other makes it safely across to the other side*

By other side, do you mean......

It's a statistic impossibility that life hasn't developed elsewhere. People keep saying that conditions have to be just right for life, but they're wrong. They keep considering that life can only be just like us, when that is incredibly unlikely. Any sort of life can appear in enviornments, and they adapt to it. Carbon-based life-forms would need conditions similar to us, yes, but what about Silicon-based? Argon-based? etc.

Whether extra-terrestial life has come to this planet? It remains to be seen, but people keep using excuses based on our level of knowledge saying why it's not possible. I don't like that people can be so narrow minded to believe our scientific knowledge is absolute.

So yeah, I believe there is alien life out there

I know it's technically incorrect to think of evolution as having a "direction", but I'd find it interesting to see if perhaps some mutations are generally more common and effective, meaning even alien species will share some basic characteristics with us. Take eyes, for instance.

There was something about that on BBC2's Stargazing Live (a very good show this year). There was a physicist or astrophysicist (I've done a quick search and can't find the exact details, sorry) who said that we might expect to see two front-facing eyes, as that feature has developed about 11 times independently on Earth. An interesting way to approach the subject, I think.

Edited by Grazza