NEurope
Sarka

iRiver portable!

This just in, iriver will be unveiling its newest gadget at CES. We don't have a name for it or many specs but it looks kinda cool. Apparently will be run by Windows CE and have 4-8gigs of storage. A slideout button pad is also very apparent.

g1002.jpg

g1001.jpg

Photos and info courtesy of Aving.net

That's from http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=34585

I think it looks pretty ugly, it will probably just go down the same route as the Gizmondo.

Not only do i think it looks ugly... i couldnt have a screen like that with no protection... its like the PSP screen... you just dont know if your gonna break it if you drop it just the once.

Also it looks nasty to hold, bet you whold get hand pains very quickly!

hmm, iRiver aint stupid, i like their MP3 players quite a lot, and i think they might do this right. And hopefully more of a mini PC more than a Gaming machine, coz theyd have no chance at portable gaming.

That's the Kart Racer game the Koreans are crazy over isn't it. If it can run that i'm interested slightly. It looks terribly uncomfortable to hold and easily broken.

i dont think theyd get enough good software support and with no games no1 wud buy it

I have an iRiver mp3 player and its excellent, so I have faith in them when it comes to their products, but I really don't know what to make of this :hmm:

I don't think its that ugly, but it could look better, as like bluejay said it looks very uncomfortable.

Lets wait and see, but its quite exciting:wink:

Its iRiver though.

That means it'll be a quality built machine, support one thousand and one things and generally be awesome. Looks were never an iRiver's selling point.

just as blackfox clearly put it, its ugly, that means it is shit in everyway possible, nothing can compare to the quality that is the psp, because it looks sexy therefore it is an excellent product. same goes with an ipod, with its sexy shiny acrylic plastic. nothing can faulter it

just as blackfox clearly put it, its ugly, that means it is shit in everyway possible, nothing can compare to the quality that is the psp, because it looks sexy therefore it is an excellent product. same goes with an ipod, with its sexy shiny acrylic plastic. nothing can faulter it

You say that, but the DS isn't as sleek as the psp. Yet it still continues to outsell it prety much every week. In Japan anyway.

But I doubt this iRiver will be very popular. The controls look shit.