NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War: Judgement

After playing the single for about four hours, I have to say I really like what People Can Fly have done to the campaign.

It feels very "gamey" and arcade like. I love the declassify mods they have going on. I just HAVE to do them and get three stars. I've yet to give up on one, even after a few deaths. Gotta beat them all! :D

I put the demo through its paces last night, playing for around 3-4 hours straight and got to level 10. I have to say that I really enjoy the overrun mode but only if playing with friends.

Most online games are team based, but many can be played by yourself while still achieving victory. This isn't the case with overrun. True, I did win one or two games when I was on my own but it's so much harder to do so.

Later on my brother, my brother mate and my mate all came on and we hooked up. We played a ton of matches and never lost one, purely because we were working as a team and taking out/protecting different sections.

So, yeah, I have enjoyed what i've played and i'm glad I kept the preorder now.

I've enjoyed the demo. Will the game have a horde mode or is overrun the new horde mode?

There is no Horde mode, it's basically replaced with Survival, which isn't as good. >.<

Not liking the new control scheme. They've fixed something that wasn't broken. How do you select a pistol by the way?

Liking the declassified missions though. Gonna have a lot of fun with the campaign and a few mates.

You don't have a pistol. You basically carry two guns, which can be swapped to whatever is on the ground. Y switches weapons.

Picked it up earlier today, £20 with a season pass (a few trade-ins were made as well). Will give campaign a stab over the weekend. And without Horde, i can see Gears 3 still being used for my fix. Guarantee people will still be playing online.

Edit: They are, had a Horde match earlier.

First impressions of Judgement, it's good.

Just cleared the Museum, on Sofia's section now. Being able to mount sentries when available to do so is good and useful, especially with up to 4 Boomers. I like the in-mission challenges that are bought into each section, gives you something else to do during each mission. I have a feeling it adds to the entire story/court scenes and it will have some effect at the end of the game. Which is good i think. I've had to have a few restarts, but that's normal for me anyway. And i will say something, Hardcore seems easier this time around.

Edited by Jimbob

My Gears faithful... @Hero\-of\-Time @Dog\-amoto @Jimbob

What has this game been like to play then guys compared with the others? :)

I've barely touched it to be honest. Keep pressing the wrong buttons because I'm old and set in my ways, and change is not good and all.

Seriously though, I'll try to get back into it soon, but I don't think I've even done the first act of the campaign and haven't touched the other modes.

My Gears faithful... @Hero-of-Time @Dog-amoto @Jimbob

Multiplayer-wise, it's not as good as Gears 3. Not enough modes and people play like idiots.

Singleplayer wise, it's not bad. I like the additional missions and the controls are easy enough to get used to.

My Gears faithful... @Hero\-of\-Time @Dog\-amoto @Jimbob

It's tripe and really feels like a cheap knock off.

It's tripe and really feels like a cheap knock off.

That good ey? :(

Will wait till it is cheap then and pick up other titles I have missed out on in the meantime then.

It's not as good as the previous 3 titles that is certain. They shouldn't have really made it, but it is decent.