NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War: Judgement

Overrun does look pretty cool indeed!

This is making me want to play some Gears 3... (I feel a post in that thread may be on it's way soon!)

Gears set for Feb?

Microsoft is planning a February 2013 release for Gears of War: Judgment, according to the latest rumours.

Apparently, although an exact European and North American release date has yet to be set in stone, the target month is Feb.

The news, from CVG "sources,” has been sidestepped in a statement from Microsoft. The official response was, "We have not made any announcements updating launch timing for Gears of War: Judgment beyond early 2013.

“Stay tuned for new details about Gears of War: Judgment to be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con, July 12-15."

Think this thread needs a title change...

Not looked into this at all really apart from what was initially shown but it's gears so yeah! :p

Tsk, I ask 3 times for a thread title change and @Mike1988uk asks once and it's done within the hour...

Who are you really sleeping with, Mike?

Tsk, I ask 3 times for a thread title change and @Mike1988uk asks once and it's done within the hour...

Who are you really sleeping with, Mike?

We all have our secrets Mr Amoto... :p

So can someone explain to me why they are looking forward to this? I'm not trolling, information and opinions would be uber helpful for something I'm working on. Wish I'd kept up with GOW after the first one. Looked like the series improved vastly.

So can someone explain to me why they are looking forward to this?

Because...erm....it's written by some dude who writes columns for some magazine called "The New Yorker" and his friend.

Don't get too excited now.
Yeah they were talking about this on one of GT's Invisible Walls Episodes... that excitement and hype for both this and the new God of War at extremely low!

The views the videos for the games have been getting on their site are apparently non existent. They speculated maybe the fact they aren't numbered sequels might be playing a part... that they're being seen more as spin-offs than direct sequels.

But yeah apparently no one is really excited for these games. And God of War isn't helping by pretty much being promoted as a multiplayer game (which no one asked for) with a single player.

I think it might be a bit of console generation fatigue, too. It's good they focused on God's multiplayer to start with but now the beta is out they really need to show the single player or it will be sent out to die. Which definitely would not be a first for Sony.

BUT, say if I needed to generate excitement for Judgement, what would be the important points?

I know there are peeps here who enjoy playing the series, I need the experties.

I suppose many were led to believe that Gears 3 was to be the last Gears in the trilogy, then this new one appears. I'm not overly fussed about it but i will look into it as i always do.

Love the first 3 games but this isn't hyping me at all. I will still get it but at the end of the day I know, as does everyone else, that this is a cheap cash in, hence the low interest.

Having Baird as the main character is a plus though. :D

When a story hits the end of a trilogy and its creator leaves the company, you can't help but automatically see another release as a money grabbing spin-off.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/fk1zm2/invisible-walls-episode-237--mayan-doomsday-2012

You can skip through this Invisible Walls to the Gears bit if you want to hear about it Daft. They had a hands on with it. From what I remember.

1) No hype 2) Story told through a courtroom/they are on trial and game is told through flashbacks 3) Don't outright dismiss it though as there are new weapons/gameplay 4) At various points there are decisions to make, I think you choose your 'path' at these points by how 'forthcoming with the truth' you are in court or something and it effects how the difficulty of that section then goes i.e. how many/which enemies you face in that part of the story.

Yeah, was planning to do that and check out what IGN had to say, just wanted to hear what real people who play games thought. The vibe I'm picking up...is not good. BUT it is good that I know that (Also, didn't mentally connect Cliffy B leaving EPIC and GOW). Thanks y'all for the help.

Now to spin a spell of words to enthuse.

...I wonder if I can get the words 'massive damage' in there...

Yeah, was planning to do that and check out what IGN had to say, just wanted to hear what real people who play games thought. The vibe I'm picking up...is not good. BUT it is good that I know that (Also, didn't mentally connect Cliffy B leaving EPIC and GOW). Thanks y'all for the help.

Now to spin a spell of words to enthuse.

...I wonder if I can get the words 'massive damage' in there...

What are you writing exactly, and why?

I don't know if I should say exactly (not that it's exciting or anything it's just THIS IS THE INTERNET) and it's my job and they pay me enough.