NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War: Judgement

Thus it begins.

The economy is crumbling, and the game industry starts to play it safe.

I do hope the WiiU has a decent U-store so that I can dowload interesting indie-games :)

Thought Epic were not making more Gears.

I'll be guessing this will either be for the 360 this Christmas or for the next Xbox which will be announced this year (probably) and released next year.

Thought Epic were not making more Gears.

I'll be guessing this will either be for the 360 this Christmas or for the next Xbox which will be announced this year (probably) and released next year.

but we can confirm that our next cover is the new installment in the Gears of War series and is coming to Xbox 360.

It'll likely be coming out soon then.

It'll likely be coming out soon then.

So this year then, as a final-installment before the new Xbox comes next Christmas. One last blockbuster this Christmas for the 360.

Maybe. Didn't see this coming to be honest, especially considering the amount of hours you need to play Gears 3 to unlock everything.

Trend much?

Halo 1, 2, 3, urmmmmmmmmmm... Prequel!

God of War 1, 2, 3, urmmmmmm... Prequel!

Gears of War 1, 2, 3, urmmmmm... Prequel!

More like Tears of War.

But yeah, I'm not sure if I'm liking this pattern that Retro noticed. Vidya game crash incoming!

Fact: I bought Gears of War 3, still have it, still haven't played it.

Well, you're ahead of me. I still haven't bought Gears of War 3, despite playing the first two.

Alternate post:

You can afford to buy games you don't even play, but you can't afford Mass Effect?

Alternate alternate post:

Shut up, Sam. Nobody cares. :heh:

But I still feel like Gears 3 have loads of life left in it! For me anyway, still loads I want to do on that.

I really don't feel that they can make any substantial improvement over Gears 3, which was pretty much perfect for what it was trying to achieve. Still play the multiplayer from time to time, although I haven't bought all the additional map packs so I'm saddled with being unable to play on decent servers.

One area they could make a huge improvement over is the multiplayer. I hated it in Gears 3. It never felt like skill was involved, it was more luck in terms of two people using shotguns at the same time.

Also, it contained the worst version of Hoard mode I've played, although the one where you play as Locust was really good.

Is this Marcus in chains? More than likely a prequel.

Yeah, it looks like it could be set during the recently released book, The Slab, which is a great read.

Trend much?

Halo 1, 2, 3, urmmmmmmmmmm... Prequel!

God of War 1, 2, 3, urmmmmmm... Prequel!

Gears of War 1, 2, 3, urmmmmm... Prequel!

More like Halo 1, 2, 3, then 2 side stories ( Halo Wars and Halo ODST ) and then Reach.

God of War 1, 2, 3, with 2 sides stories set in between the other games and then the prequel.

The game may play very differently from other Gears games. I remember a while back when the Exile rumours were kicking about that People Can Fly (Bulletstorm)would be making the game. It would make sense given the quick turnaround of the games production, especially when Gears 3 was just released last year by Epic.

Could we be seeing a FPS Gears game? Who knows, but i'm expecting something a little different this time around. Either way, it's more Gears so i'll be all over it.

Bring It! :bouncy::yay:

EDIT: Yup, looks like it is PCF.

Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly is working on the new Gears of War title teased last night.

That's according to Epic Games president Mike Capps, who spilled the beans via his Twitter account.

"Do I detect People Can Fly involvement? YES YES YES!" Capps wrote, in response to a question aimed at Bulletstorm creative director Adrian Chmielarz.

"I detect Epic PR team's heart attack," Chmielarz quipped. That message was then deleted.

Gears Of War: Judgment

Info:

Yesterday, Gameinformer teased their June magazine cover confirming the development of another Gears of War title for the Xbox 360. The full title name is Gears of War: Judgment and will lead the team Kilo composed by Damon Baird, Augustus Cole, Garron Paduk and a red-haired girl named Sophia Hendricks.

It will be therefore to all intents of a spin-off, but from the few scan leaked and their poor quality you cannot include other specific details if not words that might give rise to speculation.

It speaks of "more freedom" in the narrative of events in the countryside, the possibility to play the song in co-op, a better management of the IA and a "Smart Spawn System" (also called "S3") that would increase the longevity of the game allowing you to create different situations whenever you will have to replay an act or a specific chapter.

Scans:

vPahX.jpg

dsIDg.jpg

Edited by Dante

Where is Fenix?

It could be set when he is in the Slab.

Loving this announcement, as Baird is by far my favourite character and has been since the start.

I love the sound of the new mode. It sounds like one team are the CoGs, building the bases, while the others are the Locust. Basically horde mixed with Beast. :D

My main concern is that they look to be bringing a class system to the multiplayer. I suppose it will shake things up if anything.

Those two never met Fenix before the first game, did they?

Those two never met Fenix before the first game, did they?

I don't think they did but I can't really be sure about Baird.

Thinking about Baird in chains it's really not a surprise. In one of the books it goes about how he hates taking orders from Fenix as he should be a higher rank than him. However, due to the amount of times he has broken the laws within the COG he never rose through the ranks. Although part of him wanted that, just to annoy his family.

More details about the new multiplayer mode.

Cog classes:

Quote:

Baird-engineer=Weapons: gnasher and blowtorch,Special abilities: sentry turret, tip: blowtorch repairs damaged fortifications

Cole-soldier= lancer and boomshot, deploy ammo crates, toss amo to engineer to give him infinite blowtorch ammo

Sofia-medic= lancer and snub pistol, stim gas gernade, toss gernade at downed allies to revive them

Garron-scout= longshot and snub, beacon gernade, climb perches for better sniping leverage

Characters bio:

Quote:

Damon Baird:

Before this sarcastic, genius mechanic went on to help Marcus Fenix save the world, Baird worked his way through the Gears ranks. He’s always quick to joke, but Judgment suggests there’s more to his character than being a comedian.

Augustus Cole:

A former Thrash Ball player turned soldier the "Cole Train" became famous in Sera for his on-feild performance and boisterous demeanour. Cole met Baird soon after enlisting, and the two quickly became best friends.

Garron Paduk:

A miltia refuge from the Union of Independent Republics. Garron comes from the other side of The Pendulum Wars. He brings a new perspective and brush personality to Kilo. Garron is the devil on Baird's shoulder that say's "Let's blow stuff up."

Sophia Hendricks:

A cadet from the onyx guard academy, she is more in line with colonel loomis by the book approach to combat. E-day halted her path to graduation from the academy, but she is still worth the soldier. She is the opposite of Garron, ready to suggest informing superior officers of every deviation from protocol.

Locusts in OverRun mode:

Quote:

Wretch

Role: Leap over hazards, clim perches.

Special Ability: Stunning scream.

Tip: Travel in packs and stagger screams for maximum stunnig power.

Ticker

Role: Eat fortifications, eat grenades, detonate.

Special Ability: Speed boost.

Tip: Can be kicked over barriers by grenadiers.

Kantus

Role: Hammerburst rifle, heal friendly units, ride bloodmounts.

Special Ability: Chain heal.

Tip: Support valuable units like Corpser and Mauler with healing.

Grenadier

Role: Lancer rifle, ride Bloodmounts.

Special Ability: Frag Grenade.

Tip: Throw grenade at COG turret to cause deadly explosion near enemies.

Bloodmount

Role: Melee enemies/fortifications, be ridden by Grenadier and Kantus.

Special Ability: Halve the cooldown time on rider's special ability (passive)

Tip: Carry a mounted Kantus behind cover while his heal recharges.

Mauler

Role: Devastate fortifications and COG soldiers with flail and shield.

Special Ability: Spinning spike shield.

Tip: Aim the reticle at enemies while shield spins to deflect bullets back at COGs.

Serapede

Role: Eat through barriers, destory COGs, ranged support.

Special Ability: Spit poison.

Tip: Have two Serapedes overlap to protect one another's vulnerable rears.

Corpser

Role: Demolish fortifications and COGs with heavy melee.

Special Ability: Burrow and move underground.

Tip: Armored legs reduce damage from the front.

Quote:

The setting of GOWJ is Halvo Bay, home to the Onyx Guard Academy. Apparently its like now a day San Diego or San Francisco of World War 2. The city has a strong military background feel apparently.

Looks good. Just hope they include normal multiplayer, Beast and Horde as well.