NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Injustice: Gods Among Us

New game from the makers of Mortal Kombat

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16991

Due for release in 2013, Warner Bros are bringing us a new game from NeverRealm Studios, developers of Mortal Kombat called Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Described as a "bold new fighting game franchise", Injustice features a deep original story featuring a large cast of characters from the DC universe including Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and more.

The game will be heavily story-focused and will feature unique fast-paced fighting unlike any other fighting game. Expect a full reveal during E3, for now, there's some lovely concept art below. Injustice will be released on the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

1.jpg

Edit: Trailer

Edited by Cube

Oh my god. To say I'm happy right now is a fooking understatement.

Good timing what with all of the superhero/comic book love-ins going on at the moment. A nice break from the Mortal Kombat series as well.

Ed Boon's Twitter is going schizo with requests, hah.

Will be keeping an eye on this...

*because the above video was down*

Doesn't seem that new... Seems very much like a sequel to their Mortal Kombat vs DC game, without the Mortal Kombat.

But the expanded superhero moves, like Supermans 'Earth Smash' in the trailer is kinda cool.

Surprised they haven't got anything in the title to give the general public an idea of what this game is... I mean for the informed, it's a play on Justice League, but otherwise.

I want to see a Flash movie!

wow i loved the trailer, i hope there will be many dc characters in it, not like the MK vs DC, the character roster was too small, and i hope you can choose your outfit, like classic/new etc or as Downloadable content,

and also after seeing this video i would love a mix up with Marvel Vs DC, Hulk and Superman are my favorite characters

Destructiod preview, sounds good.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-injustice-gods-among-us-228407.phtml

Injustice: Gods Among Us is a fighting game that brings together the DC Universe characters for a beatdown festival that only world-class superheroes and villains could give us. Ed Boon himself showed it off to select press recently, and it was there where he said that he wanted to introduce new fighting game features that would move the genre forward.

He may have succeeded, and along with that created a virtual test ground to settle arguments that have been plaguing nerdkind for ages.

The first battle we saw had Superman going up against Solomon Grundy. Both looked to be a fair bit larger than your standard fighting game character, and the artwork for the characters and the stage leaned more toward photorealism than comics or animation. That's not to say that these guys took up too much screen space, but they definitely gave an impression of being bigger and badder, which actually works towards them being superheroes and villains.

Boon told us that one of the goals of Injustice was to make the stages as pivotal as the characters are. Superman and Grundy fought in the Batcave, where there were plenty of interactive points to change the balance of battle. Fighting actually causes damage to the backgrounds, and in this case some punches near containers for Batman's Batsuits caused them to break, releasing hand grenades that could be picked up by either fighter and used in battle. The far right side of the stage also featured a console with a large red button on it, and when a fighter is backed into this corner, the button gets pressed, sending missiles flying out to hit the other fighter. Consider yourself warned, corner trappers.

The stages in Injustice all have multiple tiers. In the Superman vs. Solomon Grundy battle, a punch from the Man of Steel sends Grundy down into the floor, through it and into a lower level of the Batcave. There were even more background objects to use in this section. For example, Grundy used a floating power generator to attack Superman, bashing it over his head. The assault continues with a super move: Grundy grabs Superman, smashes him to the ground, pulls out a gravestone from his chest, and hits him over the head.

Superman's comeback super move was quite a bit more exciting. His eyes turn angry red, and then he picks up Grundy and punches him into space, sending him flying through the clouds and into the stratosphere. The view pans out into space, where we see Grundy start to sink down towards Earth at high speed. The view follows as he crashes through the roof of the Batcave back into the stage, where Superman finishes him off.

The next demonstration, a fight between Batman and Wonder Woman, made the previous one seem tame. Batman has all his neat toys, like his grapple gun and Batarang, which he can throw forward or upward. Wonder Woman has two fighting states to make full use of her most popular equipment. Her lasso mode has her being more of a ranged fighter, but with her sword and shield she has some very SoulCalibur-ish, close-ranged moves.

In this stage, which was a wide open city street-style arena, Batman found himself backed into a corner where there just happened to be a car. He used that car to his advantage by taking Wonder Woman's head and bashing it into the car's body. Another option for him would have been to throw explosives into the car to blow up on his opponent. Wonder Woman, on the other hand, would have picked up the car to slam it over Batman's head.

For as good as the fighting was, the stage was really the highlight of the match. This city stage features three arenas: one street scene, another two blocks away on the top of a building, and the last in the reception area of a building. The fun lies in how you get to these areas of the stage, though.

We saw Batman kick Wonder Woman at an upward angle, sending her out of the stage's first area, up into the sky, through several floors of a nearby skyscraper, out the other end of that building, and onto the roof of another. The fight continued there for a bit until Batman turned really mad. He used his grappling hook to grab Wonder Woman and slam her down through some 30 stories of this building, and we watched on, laughing, as she continued to plummet down in this cross section view until she hit the ground floor, where the fight continued. To finish her off, Batman kicked her backwards, sending her back to the stage's first area, knocking her through other buildings' plumbing and pipes, with her knocking her head on several of them. Batman finally ends it by hanging her upside down with his grappling hook to kick her.

While what we saw of Injustice was fantastic (and hilarious), there are still plenty of questions to be answered. We've only seen four characters of the full roster (Harley Quinn and The Flash have also been announced), and we have next to nothing on story details. Boon did let on that the story will explain how, say, Superman could take a beating from Batman. We'll have to wait for that, though.

So far, Injustice looks to be right in line with what any fan of the Justice League would want in a fighting game. Through it, the timeless "who would win in a fight between X and X" questions can now be answered definitively. With a modified Mortal Kombat engine behind it, and its focus on ridiculous superhero-type super moves and crazy multi-tiered stages, Injustice: Gods Among Us could take fighting games to a new level. See what I did there?

I'll get a chance to get my hands on Injustice next week at E3. Stay tuned.

Surprised they haven't got anything in the title to give the general public an idea of what this game is... I mean for the informed, it's a play on Justice League, but otherwise.

Batman & DC Comic All-Stars Fighting with Superman?

Wow the game looks good! Too bad I'm not a big DC fan plus it might end up feeling too much like Mortal Kombat.

Trailer looked quite interesting. Neat concept, though, with all the 'injustice'. A tear just comes to my eye now when I see Nintendo's console logo included with the others and to be honest, I really think it looks awesome: Wiiu :D

Loving all the crazy possibilities of this game, though - sounds kind o' cool. Just I'm not really into the comic scene anymore. I'm more of a mangasman. I can still dig it though, but fighting game-wise I'd prob be more drawn to NARUTO, TEKKEN, SUPER SMASH BROS, STREET FIGHTER (SF and Tekken has even lost my interest these days to be honest).

Edited by Beverage

Be interested to see this one in motion and there's a stonking potential character roster there. I'm a bit worried that these super style moves might break up the gameplay a bit.

Invisible Walls talk about this game in the first section of this video (then Metal Gear Rising, Resi 6 and Beyond) and they seem pretty impressed by what they've seen.

*drool*

Nerdgasm!

To be honest I think this looks really fantastic. I love the designs of the classic DC heroes (further proof we need a Justice League film imho), and the game looks great fun, if a little done before. I would buy it for WiiU, but please devs, when Superman is fighting, he needs to be on the ground, not floating over it. Thanks.

Looks very cool.

The Flash's Super Move was lame though!... he ran round the entire world building up speed and power only to hit Superman just like any other punch!

Also they need to do something to improve the end of fight animations, like a slow mo or something, because they just kinda pathetically collapse.

I hope Hawkman's in it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/21204/injustice-gods-among-us-announces-cyborg-and-nightwing-will-join-its-fighter-roster

Injustice: Gods Among Us Announces Cyborg and Nightwing Will Join Its Fighter Roster

The opening night of Comic-Con featured a massive reveal for fans of fighting games and DC Comics.

The Verge reported that NetherRealm Studios' newest fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us revealed at Comic-Con that their iconic roster of DC Comics' heroes and villains will include Cyborg and Nightwing.

They also got to take both characters on a test fight. Nightwing is a "weapons-based" fighter who uses a staff to beat his enemies to a pulp. The most interesting part is that he can split the staff into two fighting sticks that change his fighting style from his speed and jumps to his special moves.

Cyborg, of course, focuses more on power than speed and can launch missiles and fire lasers at his enemies. One of his special moves can regenerate his health forcing his opponent to attack to reduce his health regeneration and his extra special move consists of punching his opponent in the face with a giant fist and blasting them with a large, screen-filling energy blast.

640OZ.jpg

rNhyE.jpg

54CTt.jpg

KSJEA.jpg

I keep forgetting about this game, so every time someone bumps this thread I think it's something new and interesting that I've never heard about before, and then I realize that it's that DC fighting game from the Mortal Kombat developer and I get disappointed all over again. :sad:

Did you seriously just say the same thing on both threads for this game?

New trailer, I'm ready for this.

I think this might be my first beat em up on the Wii U, depends though I might get Tekken Tag.

Edited by Retro_Link

This game looks OK. Whilst I love Batman, I've never been a big fan of the DC Universe and much prefer the Marvel Universe - I just think it's far more cohesive. I also feel that after Batman and Superman the other DC superheroes are all a little lame and B-list.

When I saw The Avengers I was blown away, it all worked so well together. I just can't imagine that seeing the DC heroes assembled in such a way would be as big a draw to as many people.

This game looks OK. Whilst I love Batman, I've never been a big fan of the DC Universe and much prefer the Marvel Universe - I just think it's far more cohesive. I also feel that after Batman and Superman the other DC superheroes are all a little lame and B-list.

When I saw The Avengers I was blown away, it all worked so well together. I just can't imagine that seeing the DC heroes assembled in such a way would be as big a draw to as many people.

And to think this particulair Avengers movie contained just a small part of the big name heroes in the Marvel Universe. No Spiderman nor any of the X-Men, Blade, Punisher, Fantastic 4 and so on ;)

You just said it perfectly, Marvel > DC (except for Batman ;))

^^^^^ Its true.

Huh no WU version afterall

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-15-injustice-gods-among-us-release-date-19th-april

Update: Warner Bros. has issued a correction stating that Injustice will only be released on Xbox 360 and PS3, not on Wii U as originally announced.

That aint good. Maybe they mean the Collectors edition.

The game is indeed coming to WiiU but where as the Xbox and PS3 get nice special editions with tin boxes and statues of Batman, the WiiU only gets the standard edition. The games website and Warner Bros both have the WiiU listed as well as showing off the box art.

Sign in to follow this