NEurope
Retro_Link

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Just finished the solo campaign missions. Not a genre I normally play but I did really enjoy it. There are lots of tense moments in the game that made me sit on the edge of my seat!

As ive mentioned before I haven't found the game to be unfair and it was refreshing sneaking around, trying out different routes etc rather than running and gunning.

There appears to be a load of other non campaign missions that ive yet to do. Probably do those next year when ive got nothing left to play. Also theres the coop missions to do too.

Its a shame that the game sold so poorly. I doubt we will see another game like this on the Wii U.

Its a shame that the game sold so poorly. I doubt we will see another game like this on the Wii U.

Sadly it was a commercial failure on all systems - to the point that in the first three weeks of going on sale HMV and several other retailers had slashed the price to almost half.

I'll do the coop missions with you at some point if you want Blade?

With this game bing 16.99 I'm tempted to pick it up. Are the loading times worse than Lego city?

What's the online like?

With this game bing 16.99 I'm tempted to pick it up. Are the loading times worse than Lego city?

What's the online like?

A tiny bit worse? Takes over 2 minutes for you to reach the main menu, and then another minute or so to load your current mission.

Online is pretty good, but not that busy nowadays I'd imagine, but at least you can invite friends, create lobbies, see who's online etc Really enjoyed the co-op only missions, but the team deathmatch game is confusing, so haven't bothered much with that mode.

Edited by welsh_gamer

A tiny bit worse? Takes over 2 minutes for you to reach the main menu, and then another minute or so to load your current mission.

Online is pretty good, but not that busy nowadays I'd imagine, but at least you can invite friends, create lobbies, see who's online etc Really enjoyed the co-op only mission, but the team deathmatch game is confusing, so haven't bothered much with that mode.

Worse? Fuck me :) Sounds pretty good, and cheap. I've got a lot of games already but at that price.

Picked this up for a tenner in a bricks'n'mortar (Smyths) today. Silly not to get it at that price but might be a while before I get into it; too many other games to finish first. Anyone still play this online?

When I tried it online a couple of months back, no joy. I may try again at some point, but I can only imagine the lack of online players will be a self sustaining situation

Picked this up for a tenner in a bricks'n'mortar (Smyths) today. Silly not to get it at that price but might be a while before I get into it; too many other games to finish first. Anyone still play this online?

No, but I haves the game, haven't played it, so I'll be up for it!

No, but I haves the game, haven't played it, so I'll be up for it!

Might be playing Saturday night if you're on for a bit of co-op?

Online is pretty good, but not that busy nowadays I'd imagine, but at least you can invite friends, create lobbies, see who's online etc Really enjoyed the co-op only missions, but the team deathmatch game is confusing, so haven't bothered much with that mode.

what is it with Wii U and these long loading times.

its annoying!

what is it with Wii U and these long loading times.

its annoying!

yup. That's one thing I loved about the GC, load times were really short! I don't remember having to wait so much for the Wii either, although it was a little slower than the gc. Wii U is just silly on some games...

Whereas it's not a patch on Splinter Cells 1 through 3, I am enjoying this... just finding it slightly annoying with the seriously stupidly long loading times!

My preferred playstyle is Panther, with a tendency to lean toward Ghost... but I do like my enemies dead!

Whereas it's not a patch on Splinter Cells 1 through 3, I am enjoying this... just finding it slightly annoying with the seriously stupidly long loading times!

My preferred playstyle is Panther, with a tendency to lean toward Ghost... but I do like my enemies dead!

I have this still untouched, quite looking forward to getting stuck into and cracking on with the online... if I can ever get round to it, likely we have another 3 month wii u drought :)

I'm finding it a lot more fun than MK8, much more enjoyable!

Yeah I think you can find a lot of discussion in this thread about the loading times.

I remember them being extremely long much like the end credits

Yeah I think you can find a lot of discussion in this thread about the loading times.

I remember them being extremely long much like the end credits

You can skip the end credits, you don't have to sit through them.

After ages of not having out this in my WiiU I finally got round to finishing it last night. Other than the insanely long loading times I did enjoy it, although it's nowhere near as good as the first 3 SC games.