NEurope
Retro_Link

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

completed the solo campaign last night, really enjoyed it all from start to finish, the genre is my cup of tea so really bought into the story, thouroughly enjoyed it! Loading times bordering on disgraceful though...

Just hope my net gets back online soon so I can attempt some spies vs mercs and the 4E missions as co-op as well as solo!

Yeah Ive only done two missions but im loving the story.

This is not a genre i normally play so its been a steep learning curve with a lot of trial and error on my part. Im not finding the game unfair though. Reason why I die a lot is due to my incompetence.

Yeah Ive only done two missions but im loving the story.

This is not a genre i normally play so its been a steep learning curve with a lot of trial and error on my part. Im not finding the game unfair though. Reason why I die a lot is due to my incompetence.

Yeah i found that, a few areas that were really difficult that took a good few attempts, but never felt like it was being unfair to me, just have to learn to sneak better!

When my net is up (hopefully end of the week) fancy some Team GIMP stealthing?! :)

Yeah i found that, a few areas that were really difficult that took a good few attempts, but never felt like it was being unfair to me, just have to learn to sneak better!

When my net is up (hopefully end of the week) fancy some Team GIMP stealthing?! :)

Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay:

You can also make a clan!!! We ought to do a [NE] one!!

Edited by Blade
Automerged Doublepost

Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay:

You can also make a clan!!! We ought to do a [NE] one!!

Great stuff! I've been told thursday so hopefully maybe thursday eve could have a bash, or sort something out for the weekend :) shotgun Sam! ;)

well up for that actually, want to sink as much time as possible into the whole thing before COD comes out.

Will also be reviewing the game for N-E so any stupid behaviour (an absolute guarentee with us) could well be documented!

I fired this up after work today and its like the series has never been away. I finished the prologue mission and then the first mission straight after.

There was a point where I jumped up on the roof of a small building, silently headshot an enemy and then slid down a wire and pounced from said wire on to the near by patrolling guard.

I love shooting out the lights, getting the enemies attention with a provocative whistle and then luring them to a dark corner to have my way. :D

It's weird not having Ironside voice Sam but I suppose I will get use to it.

I love the leaderboards this game has. It gives a great insight to how your friends are actually playing the game and whether they are running and gunning or sneaking around.

It also has challenges pop up from your friends and if you beat them you get some extra moolah. I dunno if you have to start a level from the start to get these to appear though. I played the second level last night and seen some challenges from Blade and Welshy but when I continued the game this morning they never appeared. Maybe you have to go it in one sitting?

Is there a way to check the challenges that have been set?

I knocked off the motion controlling aspects of the game last night. I couldn't be bothered to target people with a sniper rifle using motions and found it far more accurate to just use the pad normally.

Got interested in this as well, but now I'm not sure which version to buy. The loading times sound stupidly long on the Wii U...

Anyway, how long is the campaign? I've never played a SC game before, but I can totally see myself liking this.

Got interested in this as well, but now I'm not sure which version to buy. The loading times sound stupidly long on the Wii U...

Anyway, how long is the campaign? I've never played a SC game before, but I can totally see myself liking this.

Get it on Wii U. Support your Nintendo console! It is your duty.

I have never played a SC before either. Im really enjoying it. Brilliant gameplay. Its just something a bit different than what im used to. You have to carefully think what you are going to do and try to think of your next two moves. Great stuff.

Im on the easiest setting and finding it completely fair. If I get spotted a d subsequently die then its my fault. The save points are quite common too meaning that you are never that far from when you last got spotted.

There are different styles of play and the game recognises thos. You can for instance go in all guns blazing if you wanted but it is obvious by doing this you will miss out on the sense of achievement you get by working out how to complete a section without being spotted.

Tensions can get high especially when you think you are just about to get spotted. My heart beats ten times to dozen!

Edited by Blade
Dyslexia attacks!

how's the online, I love the idea of some team stealth, how do the online games work?

I haven't had the chance to play it online yet but apparently it's a mess. When playing online there are reports of freezing which seems to happen a lot. This happens on the other console versions but a patch has been released for those.

There is also an issue of not being able to find a game, despite people playing online. This isn't anything new where Ubisoft are concerned. I encountered the same issues on various Assassins Creed games and Ghost Recon on the other consoles. Some of their servers just seem to be a mess.

In regards to single player, I finished another couple of missions last night. I even managed to beat one of Welshys high scores. :D I had a look around and also found the challenges menu, so I can now have a look at what challenges need to be done ( weekly, daily or friends ) if I want some extra cash.

I have mainly been upgrading my sneaking suit for stealth purposes and have just by passed adding extra armor to it. I figure if I get seen then I deserve to die.

The dogs seem to be the things that screw me over the most. When I do spot one I usually try to get to a higher ledge, get a good vantage point and take them out from above.

Really enjoying this game, despite the STUPIDLY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG loading times.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Its those chuffin dogs that reveal my location.

I seem to get mauled by one every time!

It was satisfying though silently shooting one in the face before it spotted me. The fucker!

I'm finding myself getting the game loading then going to make a cup of tea or send some emails, then it's ready to go! annoying, but still loving this game, just desperate to get online with it now, try out some co-op. Been doing the Grim/charlie/Kobin missions by myself to great reward, love that there are no save points in them so it's all or nothing!

I just finished it this morning. I really enjoyed it, despite the loading times. I did find the ending very flat though and the last boss fight was a blatant ripoff of the original Uncharted game.

I just finished it this morning. I really enjoyed it, despite the loading times. I did find the ending very flat though and the last boss fight was a blatant ripoff of the original Uncharted game.

How long did it take you to beat the game?

Probably about 8 hours or so.

So its a 4 hour campaign on all the other platforms then? :P

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Wii U patch available, detailed

GENERAL

• Fix timer and progress bar for Daily Challenges
  • Fix misc. issues with Gone Dark challenges
  • Fix misc. issues with guards shooting sticky camera and not engaging search behavior

SINGLE PLAYER

• Fix Nouri not following Sam in rare conditions in Private Estate mission

CO-OP

• Fix animation glitch when sliding down a ladder and immediately throwing a grenade
  • Fix mission preview image not updating when cycling through different missions in the settings

SPIES VS MERCS

• Extraction: Fix Intel stuck on weapon when a client is dropping it twice in a row
  • Extraction: Fix potential exploit where an ammo box placed in front of the Intel drop crate would allow to skip the “securing the intel” animation
  • Fix not being able to invite more people to Private Match after playing a match in a mode where the maximum number of players is lower than the maximum number of players for the new mode
  • Fix Drone Hunter points not awarded when blowing up the drone with certain gadgets
  • Fix waypoint staying red when Pandora settings are ON and a hacker has been killed
  • Fix accessing an empty menu when trying to view the Customization Screen or match Settings right when the countdown reaches 0
  • Fix general host migration issues
  • Fix rare cases of Spies falling out of maps
  • Fix spawning with no weapon and unable to shoot when pushing the stick forward during the character selection screen until the match starts.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=212019

Finally got to play the co-op only missions yesterday thanks to the patch, which were good fun.

Also, the game is currently £24.99 at Grainger Games

How many co op missions are they? Did you just play with a random?

Its gone down in price quickly. Feel bit of a fool now getting it from shopto for 37 quid.

There are 4 co-op only missions, but you can play all the 4th Echelon missions with a friend if you wish. Played one mission with a foreigner and the others with silent players, and managed to get through them with relative ease.

GAME have the game at £24.99 as part of their deal of the day promotion today, on all platforms apart from the Wii U! Doubt GG will have that many copies instock, so we'll see soon enough if another retailer brings down the Wii U version. I got mine for £31 through Flubit - I thought I'd be selling it after finishing it, but the game has really surprised me, so it's staying in the collection for some time :)

There are 4 co-op only missions, but you can play all the 4th Echelon missions with a friend if you wish. Played one mission with a foreigner and the others with silent players, and managed to get through them with relative ease.

GAME have the game at £24.99 as part of their deal of the day promotion today, on all platforms apart from the Wii U! Doubt GG will have that many copies instock, so we'll see soon enough if another retailer brings down the Wii U version. I got mine for £31 through Flubit - I thought I'd be selling it after finishing it, but the game has really surprised me, so it's staying in the collection for some time :)

sales on the Wii U have been shocking so i am expecting it to hit the bomba bin soon enough.